The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you play ESO with your spouse/partner?

Odovacar
Odovacar
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Do you? If so what's it like? I.E. Do you two always agree on what content you want to run, etc? If not, do you wish you could or is it more like your alone time to decompress, etc.?

I've been playing games for what it seems like forever and my wife likes certain genres I play (she's not a gamer) but she never got fully into TESO. Basically, she will watch me from time to time (usually to give me crap when I'm in IC or Cyrodiil, lol, we all die from time to time right... :D ) but its just not her cup of tea and that's ok. Like i stated above, for me, it is kind of of my alone time mostly.

Edit: I have to add she has created a lot of my characters facial/body attributes. She loves the creation portion and I kind of suck at the sliders, lol.
Edited by Odovacar on July 30, 2021 7:42PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, @Ghanima_Atreides and I play together, and the game helped to bring us together as a couple. :)

We like to experience new content together, and we're currently working our way through the Blackwood zone. We don't always play together though and we both do our own thing with our individual characters, as well as pursuing other games and interests outside of gaming, so it never feels like an obligation on us to be finding stuff to do at the same time.
    Edited by adriant1978 on July 30, 2021 7:56PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met my fiance in ESO in 2017.
    We are both taking a semi-break from ESO, but it will always have a special place in both of our hearts.
    It's where we met, after all.
    To think, I randomly joined her guild one day, and now I can't think of a day without her.
    Edited by Kel on July 30, 2021 8:14PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    I met my fiance in ESO in 2017.
    We are both taking a semi-break from ESO, but it will always have a special place in both of our hearts.
    It's where we met, after all.
    To think, I randomly joined her guild one day, and now I can't think of a day without her.

Wow, that is awesome @Kel
  • MiyukiShiba
    MiyukiShiba
    ✭✭✭
    I met my husband in ESO 2014. We met in real 2015 and we are happily married and still playing ESO together :)
    Generally he is fine with what i like to do so he helps me, but we mostly pvp together.

PC/EU @MiyukiShiba
    My main is a beautiful Khajiit Magblade

My Wishlist 2023
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My husband played console beta with me and for about a month when it went live, then lost interest. I keep trying to encourage my son to play too but apparently my addiction isn't genetic :D
    PS4 EU
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Husband is not a computer user or an RPG gamer. He's much older than I, and the computer age has never had any interest for him. Games he plays are various forms of Solitaire - with a physical deck of cards.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I prefer to play games that we can play together. Everything from "survival" shooters like DayZ and Fallout 76 to grand MMOs like WoW, TOR and ESO. We even gave Dark Souls 3 a go, but that was just a little too sweaty for my wife. Though, she still really enjoyed the atmosphere of it.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played other online games with my wife. So far she has only shown mild interest In ESO. Maybe some day.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, my husband isn't interested in video games.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to until things went bad and we aren’t together anymore
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, though my significant other's work schedule's been pretty brutal lately, so they haven't been often lately.
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I have been playing MMOs together since 1999, EQ1. Sometimes one or another of us will play one the other isn't interested in, but we're currently both playing ESO. I originally played it alone, then he joined me, we played about a year, then drifted off to something else, but we both got the itch to play this again and returned a few months ago.
  • rwil213
    rwil213
    ✭✭
    No. She doesn't like playing games. Only game she tried was Dance Central because it had some new kids on the block songs. She enjoyed it but only was willing a few times.
  • BlackTearsOfHope
    BlackTearsOfHope
    ✭✭✭
    We both play the game, we do Trials and Dungeons occasionally, but mostly we do our own thing.
    I was playing the game for a couple years and she finally got interested in it, watching me.
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    ...considering they're imaginary, their skills are quite lackluster. :D
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    My other half and I both play eso. We play together doing dungeons, dailies, etc, during the day and in the evenings he bops off to pvp and I go and do my trials. We've both played since console launch.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah me and my partner have been playing since the beta. We do everything together. We sometimes play separately for various reasons, but mostly we do quests, dailies, events, trials and dungeons together.
    ESO is our go to game, but we play lots of multiplayer games together like Dark Souls, Saints Row and Fallout 76.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, she has absolutely no interest in gaming.
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, my girlfriend is all about Sims 4 and Animal Crossing.

I remember one time that she called me at the office and almost at the end she tells me:

gf: I'm a little sad, I let the dog go outside for a walk alone and she hasn't come back.

me: why did you let her go out alone? She is old, has very limited vision, go out and look for her because if she doesn't come home, neither will you.

gf: I'm talking about the Sims, you [snip] idiot.

she did not speak to me in 2 days, hahaha, and I think she still hasn't forgiven me at all.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on July 31, 2021 2:47AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to play ESO with my husband but he's not a gamer :(
    Even tried to bribe him with me promising to accompany him to a football game (and I hate sport).
    Edited by LadyLethalla on July 31, 2021 3:17AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I play together although we are in separate rooms it's a good time. We typically do the WB/Delve dailies and will solo some of the non-DLC dungeons together with our companions to focus on the sticker book items. Her very first run in Arx's, the game dropped the Inferno Staff of Medusa for her, so I quickly convinced her to give that up knowing she doesn't have a mag character.

Now I never have to run Arx's again.

I've dragged her into a couple trials, but those are not her cup of tea.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My husband, @FrancisCrawford, and I have both played ESO since beta; before that we both played LOTRO, GW II and the first Guild Wars. We don’t actually play together all that often since we have different things we like to do in game, but we do run dungeons together occasionally. He’s more interested in things like trading and playing the economic game than I am (in any game we play, he always has a lot more gold than I do). He also collects and saves more stuff than I do…just like in real life. And he analyzes just about every detail of the game — if I ever have a question, he can answer it!

I tend to be more of a dilettante—a little of this, a little of that, make another alt…jack of all trades, master of none.

Anyway, it’s great that we both love gaming — it’s something we can do for fun together, and neither of us ever has to worry about the dreaded “spouse-aggro”. :)
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, she thinks all computer games are a total waste of time - but fortunately she tolerates it because she likes her own alone time on twitter and Youtube
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    We share many things but we also have many activities we do apart: gaming is one. I'm a - forever - computer fan, playing MMORPGs and puzzles games (Myst serie, Rhem, ...). Hubby is a PS4 (5 to come) addict, playing solo different type of games, mainly driving (GTx...) and action/adventure (Far Cry, Assassin's Creed..).
    Edited by DreamyLu on July 31, 2021 3:50AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Blackskyszz
    Blackskyszz
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.... ol' wifey gets motion sickness looking at any PC games. Got her to try Counter Strike about 20 years ago..and she wanted to hurl...lol.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My former spouse couldn't stand these games (or computer games in general). Many fewer women played games when I was younger as well, so that was not much of an option them. (Some women played, but much less than it seems now.)

I would love to have a spouse I could play with now but getting the former at all is quite unlikely at my age for a variety of reasons.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.... ol' wifey gets motion sickness looking at any PC games. Got her to try Counter Strike about 20 years ago..and she wanted to hurl...lol.

I somewhat had that when I first tried FPS games years ago. I played one for a team building exercise and couldn't get out of running into a wall. I finally got over it (to a point) with WoW and have been playing MMOs since.

Though my first few times on ESO PC reminded me a bit of that. My computer is older (though high end for its time) and can face some lag at times. Never had that lag on the console version.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did beta together and much of the vanilla content.

He then got fed up with shallowness and ease of the game and stopped playing (unless I needed him for something).

At some point my main (magsorc) went stam for a while and was finally venturing into Craglorn which by this time was all but deserted. Anyway I needed help there and got him to come in again, whereupon he was somewhat annoyed that I was somehow doing more damage than him >.< Can you say 'competitive'?

When OneTam dropped, I told him to go have a some fun on a nekked new roll in Craglorn, it's hysterical what they've done with the place!

Anyway, he's still around. He does HM everything only likes hard content won't do anything else unless I need help with something. Only reason he touches quests at all is for achievements sake as he can't stand them. Does do his crafting writs to pay for his potion habit since he prefers to hoard things in his craft sack as opposed to making use of them, LOL.

Yeah, we play 'together' sure. Ha-ha.

This one hates high pressure content, but it is good on occasion to have him and his like around to help out when necessary that is for sure!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a long time since I had a partner who was interested in computer games. So the answer is no.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played the Tes games and so did my husband, then I played eso early access before game launched...then we both had a break for a year. We both returned to eso but then my husband stopped playing just before skyrim release.

I'm playing eso without him and even though he plays other games such as fallout etc on his xbox, I miss him 😢.
    Sometimes I've gone to visit his house he lovingly decorated and I feel sad. I keep trying to get him to come back but I think he is enjoying playing solo games too much atm.

I've made some friends and joined some guilds so I dont get lonely but i still miss playing with my soulmate.