The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 31 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

• Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    The newest change that puts the window on both sides of "Leyawiin Wall, Windowed Castle" is good, but it gets repetitive if you have a series of them lined up next to one-another. I love these walls and was making big plans for them, but PLEASE either revert this change, or make a new furnishing that's just "Leyawiin Wall, Castle", that is windowless on BOTH sides.

I beg of you! Otherwise, these are the best furnishings to come out thus-far!
    The Dad-Cat
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some testing, I still can't believe that after all these years there is no update in sight when we will get a full set of structural furnishings. I get it, you want people to buy premium houses and then let them play with the house for a while. However, I don't understand your take on this. People who buy houses would buy structural items as well.

What I frustrates me is waiting so much, and each year seeing this pattern of releasing just a small selection of structural furnishings, with essential things missing.

Yes, I do like the new manor. It looks lovely. But how about giving us the "bricks" and letting us build one from scratch? I really like this theme. People have already mentioned what is missing:

- roofs
    - ceiling (stone and wood/plaster)
    - windows (both interior and exterior)
    - wooden platform
    - more stairs (wooden and stone, normal and spiral)

Thing is, this list is rather short, not hard to do. Those stone arches in the manor courtyard are lovely. Unfortunately we can't build anything like it.

The only problem with the manor is the large amount of instanced places. The art/housing team did a great job with the design. I love the attention to detail it went into it.

Please consider our feedback.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    After some testing, I still can't believe that after all these years there is no update in sight when we will get a full set of structural furnishings. I get it, you want people to buy premium houses and then let them play with the house for a while. However, I don't understand your take on this. People who buy houses would buy structural items as well.

What I frustrates me is waiting so much, and each year seeing this pattern of releasing just a small selection of structural furnishings, with essential things missing.

Yes, I do like the new manor. It looks lovely. But how about giving us the "bricks" and letting us build one from scratch? I really like this theme. People have already mentioned what is missing:

- roofs
    - ceiling (stone and wood/plaster)
    - windows (both interior and exterior)
    - wooden platform
    - more stairs (wooden and stone, normal and spiral)

Thing is, this list is rather short, not hard to do. Those stone arches in the manor courtyard are lovely. Unfortunately we can't build anything like it.

The only problem with the manor is the large amount of instanced places. The art/housing team did a great job with the design. I love the attention to detail it went into it.

Please consider our feedback.

I would really like a stone doorway that fits the Solitude door. I like the Leyawiin door and doorway, don't get me wrong, but I would like a stone counterpart as the painted wood wall of Leyawiin doesn't always fit into what I'm planning
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    I have great faith in them. Every update, they've given us more and more to work with in terms of furnishings. I am happy with the growing collection, though I still am hoping to see a "Leyawiin Wall, Castle".
    The Dad-Cat
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why haven't the statues (non small) of Hermaeus Mora, Mehrunes Dagon, Sanguine come yet?
    I've been waiting for a long time, but it's about to be the limit of my patience.
  • Yuualun
    Yuualun
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to change the drop rate of "ivory Brigade clasp" with the next dlc?

The structure Furnishings are amazing (especially the Leyawiin Wall, Wainscoted)! I made a Test build on the pts and the result was sooooo good, I need this house build on live. Which means I need like 50 of the new walls and door parts.
    I thought to myself: "Alright, time to farme some Ivory Brigade clasp!" But I had soon to learn about the drop rate of that stuff (I was exspecting them to drop like shimmering sand in elsweyr).
    Now I happen to be one of these people that are extremly unlucky whenever it comes to rng...
    After two weeks of doing my two quests each day and decustructing every pice of frost bite I could find. I got like 4 Ivory brigade clasps.

1 wall needs 2 ( apparently). I guess my building project will take a veeeeery long time xD
    Or maybe someone has a heart and changes the drop rate a little bit....? <3
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, revert the changes to Leyawiin Wall, Windowed Castle so that the window is only on ONE side.
    The Dad-Cat
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baracuta90 wrote: »
    Please ZOS, revert the changes to Leyawiin Wall, Windowed Castle so that the window is only on ONE side.

That isn't how windows work, wouldn't a second wall with no windows be preferable?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 9, 2021 9:50PM
  • Baracuta90
    Baracuta90
    ✭✭✭
    Baracuta90 wrote: »

That isn't how windows work, wouldn't a second wall with no windows be preferable?

I'll take whatever I can get, and I figure it'd be easier to revert the change. However, on another thread ZOS Kevin said that the windows are staying, but he has forwarded the request of a windowless version to the team.
    The Dad-Cat