The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

There should be a seperate No-CP campaign with procs

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big RIP.

The silence from the developers on this issue is absolutely deafening.

The fact that they didn't bother to at least acknowledge the feedback, not even a "we know there's been some pushback, but we still want to try it." Tells me all I need to know
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    strepsels wrote: »
    Can we get any sort of update or acknowledgment of this? This cannot go live as it is, forcing No CP players into a campaign most do not wish to play is not healthy and will result in Cyrodiil’s already declining population declining even more.

Indeed. All of my favorite stat-based "proc sets" (e.g. Clever Alchemist, Scathing Mage, Moon Hunter, BSW, Balorgh, etc.) are banned so I will be searching for a new home campaign.

How considerate of ZOS to ruin the campaign for existing players without so much as asking them first if they agreed with the changes.

My subscription will 100% not be renewed next month.

No need to subscribe if I can’t use the sets I pay for 😉

[snip]

PvP in eso has lost it’s direction a long time ago.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2021 1:15PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming; Pariah Vampire PvDoor fest. (In case you hadn't noticed, Pariah is on the list. Among several others. None of which will counter it.)
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Incoming; Pariah Vampire PvDoor fest. (In case you hadn't noticed, Pariah is on the list. Among several others. None of which will counter it.)

Why do I get the feeling that rolling a d20 to decide which sets can be included would result in a more sensible list than whatever method ZOS chose?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    No idea why this isn't targeted to BlackReach, the already odd one out. I would be way more pissed about this applying to Ravenwatch if New World wasn't dropping at the same time.

So punish Blackreach people who can't get into the main campaign because it's always pop-locked on their time zone by changing their campaign? How is that meant to be better??

If it's a "punishment" as you claim, then the less people who are punished the better.

ZOS should have added an extra campaign to gauge the interest in the format.

They probably did pick the campaign that has the least use across all the servers.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    No idea why this isn't targeted to BlackReach, the already odd one out. I would be way more pissed about this applying to Ravenwatch if New World wasn't dropping at the same time.

So punish Blackreach people who can't get into the main campaign because it's always pop-locked on their time zone by changing their campaign? How is that meant to be better??

If it's a "punishment" as you claim, then the less people who are punished the better.

They probably did pick the campaign that has the least use across all the servers.

That would have been the U50 campaign which could easily have been converted into a no-proc vet campaign.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

That would have been the U50 campaign which could easily have been converted into a no-proc vet campaign.

Actually this is a really nice point. If we're positioning the no-proc campaign as a "beginner campaign" (no hard to farm gear and No-CP) why not just replace U50 with it? That makes everyone happy-ish
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

Actually this is a really nice point. If we're positioning the no-proc campaign as a "beginner campaign" (no hard to farm gear and No-CP) why not just replace U50 with it? That makes everyone happy-ish

Oh man you'd make all those players who just make delete and remake characters to be lords of U50 pretty upset.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 30, 2021 12:47AM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I don't know why the <50 Cyrodiil even exists.

Players spend such a tiny fraction of their overall ESO time under max level that it seems like waste of resources to even maintain the campaign.

I also can't imagine that it ever sees more than single-bar population which would put it about on par with the PTS server with how active its Cyrodiil is - which is to say deserted.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone saying it should be a separate campaign. What worries me though is the population dipping. Are there enough no cp players to host two individual campaigns? No proc is really.. niche. I know a few people really excited about it, and I'd love to try it myself, but is it really enough to fill an entire camp?
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I agree with everyone saying it should be a separate campaign. What worries me though is the population dipping. Are there enough no cp players to host two individual campaigns? No proc is really.. niche. I know a few people really excited about it, and I'd love to try it myself, but is it really enough to fill an entire camp?

I think that's the point tho. There isn't enough pop to support both. So why change the campaign that already has a healthy population for one that might. I know some people don't like to hear it but I think the portion of the forums calling for no-proc is a small minority of the games' players. They didn't even decide it was worth telling the people going into Cyrodiil in-game. It would be better to change an already lower pop campaign, like blackreach (can someone explain to me as well why there are two CP-proc campaigns?) or under 50 which to my knowledge doesn't have a really dedicated pop.

I'm also going to guess that in a few months (if not immediately) the new no-proc, no-CP campaign is dead.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on July 29, 2021 4:15AM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I don't know why the <50 Cyrodiil even exists.

Players spend such a tiny fraction of their overall ESO time under max level that it seems like waste of resources to even maintain the campaign.

I also can't imagine that it ever sees more than single-bar population which would put it about on par with the PTS server with how active its Cyrodiil is - which is to say deserted.

I think it's better to remove the unmanned campaign and put the power of the server on other campaigns.