Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

furniture examples

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
I've found myself making at least one of things I have plans for. I've got a ways to go but I try and make at least one thing every day. I find I can't visualize the size ect of things without seeing them live. I know there are pictures but it's not the same. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe it's because I'm so new to it all.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I craft one of every furnishing that I like and store them in the following homes.

Coldharbour Surreal Estate (bookcases, beds, dressers, nightstands, room dividers, tables, chairs, rugs)
    Stillwaters Retreat (trinkets, lighting, bath, kitchen, dining, food)
    Moon-Sugar Meadow (outdoor furnishings, undercroft)

Around 800 furnishings that are my favorite. When I go shopping at my 3 furniture stores listed above, I find a furnishing that I like and then go craft a duplicate to use in my real home(s).
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 28, 2021 6:33AM
    PC NA
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I craft one of every furnishing that I like and store them in the following.

Coldharbour Surreal Estate (bookcases, beds, dressers, nightstands, tables, chairs, rugs)
    Stillwaters Retreat (trinkets, lighting, kitchen, bath)

Around 800 furnishings that are my favorite. When I go shopping at my 3 furniture stores listed above, I find a furnishing that I like and then go craft a duplicate to use in my real home(s).

That is very good to hear and a great way to segregate them so you know which home to go to. I like that a lot. I need to get more organized.

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the beginning I crafted one of every item then hit the 700 furnishing limit of Coldharbour Surreal Estate. At that point I started selling furnishings I didn't really like and then bought two more "cheap" notables with lots of open space. Now I only buy recipes I like. Saves gold and time.
    PC NA
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Moon-Sugar is on sale for 1 more day. I like the idea of having a place where it's all open and I can walk through it. I could buy another place like it, say Coldharbour down the road when I have too much but this would fit my needs for now. I have two places but you can't decorate with all the clutter. The furniture store idea in Moon-sugar and Coldharbour is really the ticket. I'll probably by Moon-sugar tonight.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    In the beginning I crafted one of every item then hit the 700 furnishing limit of Coldharbour Surreal Estate. At that point I started selling furnishings I didn't really like and then bought two more "cheap" notables with lots of open space. Now I only buy recipes I like. Saves gold and time.

I can see why you crafted one of everything in the beginning. It's so hard to know some times if you'll like something until you see it in front of you. I plan to have 5 master crafters. My main is there now. When I get all of them leveled I'll probably join a trading guild and then see about selling off what I don't like.

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a really easy way to visualize the size: preview a chair. Your character fits on a chair, so it gives you a sense of how wide the squares on the ground of the preview room are, and how tall the room is based on the zoom.

Obviously, that doesn't help if you need an exact, complex sense of the size, but it goes really far. I'm always surprised when people find a furnishing to be bigger/smaller than they expected after previewing it.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a really easy way to visualize the size: preview a chair. Your character fits on a chair, so it gives you a sense of how wide the squares on the ground of the preview room are, and how tall the room is based on the zoom.

Obviously, that doesn't help if you need an exact, complex sense of the size, but it goes really far. I'm always surprised when people find a furnishing to be bigger/smaller than they expected after previewing it.

I'll try that. My problem probably falls into structural pieces and pieces that fall outside the norm. A chair, is a chair but how big is that cart?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good idea but I just wish our own character where standing beside the item for reference. Or at least provide a floor plan for the tile used in the preview we could use as a visual reference in our homes.

Honestly the best solution would be if ZOS would provide a way we could place items in our home before purchasing or creating it with mats. Kinda like a sample that is only good for like 3 minute's then disappear. We could actually see and place in our homes.

Stay safe and ZOS please fix the green tree mess🙂
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Good idea but I just wish our own character where standing beside the item for reference. Or at least provide a floor plan for the tile used in the preview we could use as a visual reference in our homes.

Honestly the best solution would be if ZOS would provide a way we could place items in our home before purchasing or creating it with mats. Kinda like a sample that is only good for like 3 minute's then disappear. We could actually see and place in our homes.

Love the idea of try before use.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

What's the green tree mess?

Edited by bridgetrose on July 28, 2021 5:25PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, and it's indeed A Problem... if I think an item might work for a specific decoration or build, I have to check it live, and more often than not, it actually doesn't look right etc., or if I have to decide between a few candidate items I then make them all, so as a result I waste materials, and also run out of storage space.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've found myself making at least one of things I have plans for. I've got a ways to go but I try and make at least one thing every day. I find I can't visualize the size ect of things without seeing them live. I know there are pictures but it's not the same. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe it's because I'm so new to it all.

They changed the tile pattern in the preview of the furnishing plan a while back to supposedly make it easier to see the size, but there is no scale for those tiles. The tiles are too small to be a meter across, but I doubt it is a foot across because hardly anyone other than the US uses those units of distance. There are also I think four light tiles and then a darker tile? I have no idea what that means.

I keep meaning to look at specific items and try to figure it out, but never get around to it. If someone else has figured it out, please enlighten me.

Yes, I frequently craft items and they end up being either much smaller than I envisioned or much larger. It is frustrating to waste precious furnishing mats and improvement mats on an item that you end up not using,
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What's the green tree mess?

To many slotted skills that are very situational in use that need to be slotted vs. passives. PC have as add-on that helps some with this but console players are still being punished.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I craft one of every furnishing that I like and store them in the following homes.

Coldharbour Surreal Estate (bookcases, beds, dressers, nightstands, room dividers, tables, chairs, rugs)
    Stillwaters Retreat (trinkets, lighting, bath, kitchen, dining, food)

That's a great idea. I like how you have them organized by type. And you could actually take a few furnishings and try them out in your home first.
    Edited by SilverBride on July 30, 2021 4:44AM
    PCNA
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Honestly i didn't read all the replies, if its been said, well....

PTS if you have access can always help to, buy/build them as you need to see them and save materials.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly i didn't read all the replies, if its been said, well....

PTS if you have access can always help to, buy/build them as you need to see them and save materials.

Console does not have an PTS we can use, sadly.

We are stuck buying and building with only one eye open because of the restrictions placed on us by ZOS with not being able to actually preview something in our homes before we commit the crowns or material to make something.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)