Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Would you like ZOS to take a break from trying to balance PVP for a few months?

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    They're trying to balance PvP?

I feel like all the mitigation changes in the recent patch notes were directed at us. Obviously the battle spirit one definitely was.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I feel like all the mitigation changes in the recent patch notes were directed at us. Obviously the battle spirit one definitely was.
    At this point in my ESO career I believe they're shaking up the game every 3 months merely to keep us busy. That's all. They couldn't exactly make players even squishier, so they're going in a tanky direction again. Note how they're never putting something back exactly to how it was before. You can't fall back on an old build. If you can that will be accidental. That's probably the best word to describe their whole "balancing" process. Accidental.

I don't know whether this MMO can be balanced. That may be a fallacy believed by many players and probably by some of ZOS' employees, who may be hard at work to accomplish this. I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone higher up, though, who knows this to be false. The so-called "balancing" is, instead, merely a rat-race between the devs and the players establishing the next meta. They plug the worst excesses or, since Brian Wheeler's arrival, it franky seems like they're embracing the chaos more than wanting to be careful and stabilize the game. Chasing the next meta is what keeps players engaged more than they probably care to admit. I myself enjoy buildcraft. A bedded-down game might become stale quickly. I am not sure I believe that, but I bet people in ZOS' management do. That's the true reason they've never gone for the incremental fine-tuning of the game that players sometimes ask for.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no more change!

At this point in my ESO career I believe they're shaking up the game every 3 months merely to keep us busy. That's all. They couldn't exactly make players even squishier, so they're going in a tanky direction again. Note how they're never putting something back exactly to how it was before. You can't fall back on an old build. If you can that will be accidental. That's probably the best word to describe their whole "balancing" process. Accidental.

I don't know whether this MMO can be balanced. That may be a fallacy believed by many players and probably by some of ZOS' employees, who may be hard at work to accomplish this. I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone higher up, though, who knows this to be false. The so-called "balancing" is, instead, merely a rat-race between the devs and the players establishing the next meta. They plug the worst excesses or, since Brian Wheeler's arrival, it franky seems like they're embracing the chaos more than wanting to be careful and stabilize the game. Chasing the next meta is what keeps players engaged more than they probably care to admit. I myself enjoy buildcraft. A bedded-down game might become stale quickly. I am not sure I believe that, but I bet people in ZOS' management do. That's the true reason they've never gone for the incremental fine-tuning of the game that players sometimes ask for.

I think this is a good point, and I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this. Changing things up slightly every couple of months does keep things interesting.

My issue is with the pace of the changes over the past year. It used to be that you could change out a gear set and you were good to go. Now (especially with all of the "testing" and No-proc) you pretty much have to throw out your previous builds and start from scratch. Which, given how it can take a month for group to farm all of the necessary builds, means you only have
    two months or so to enjoy playing before it's back to grinding. Granted this will (hopefully) end when they finally decide what they're doing with No-proc

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think this is a good point, and I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this. Changing things up slightly every couple of months does keep things interesting.

My issue is with the pace of the changes over the past year. It used to be that you could change out a gear set and you were good to go. Now (especially with all of the "testing" and No-proc) you pretty much have to throw out your previous builds and start from scratch. Which, given how it can take a month for group to farm all of the necessary builds, means you only have
    two months or so to enjoy playing before it's back to grinding. Granted this will (hopefully) end when they finally decide what they're doing with No-proc
    I doubt it will end. It's the difference between Wheeler's and Wrobel's management styles. We're in the Wheeler era now.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I want them to keep trying
    By the contrary, they should try much harder to make the game balanced. In the current state it is far from it (heavy armor 2H meta) and not enyojable at all and this goes on since weeks, months and even years.
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I would like ZOS to stop making changes that affect PVP include changes to PVE. Relearning things every year is somewhat frustrating.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no more change!
    If ZOS could refrain for a few months from making changes that delete my home campaign that would be great!
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no more change!
    Yeah I could do with a patch without a ball group buff, haven't seen one in quite awhile.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no more change!
    I think at this point, no matter what they change, buff or nerf it will be pretty much a wasted effort. They are trying to optimize skills & sets so those would have less impact on the server performance. We had a year of performance (at least ZOS told us) and lag & server performance actually got worse.

I am glad that they are trying to fix it, but at this point I am pretty sure it is impossible to fix. At least not in a way ZOS is trying to fix it. It is like trying to use glue, duct tape and WD40 to fix a broken car engine. It may work for a while, but what you should do instead is to replace engine block and other parts.

Imho ZOS should use different measures. They should probably re-write the entire game code or something idk.

All I know is that they should focus on something that they actually can improve. Making balance changes is pointless if skills wont fire or bars wont swap or potions wont work.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 26, 2021 11:20PM
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    I sincerely don't think they are trying to balance it...I think we are just rolling through metas like we always have.
    Thing is..they just keep getting worse by the minute.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on July 27, 2021 7:36PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no more change!
    It's an impossible task to balance both together and they should just stop and split the two into separate games.