The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Stone cold trebuchet not telegraphed properly

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been noticing for a while that when I get hit by a stone cold trebuchet siege in Cyrodiil, there isn't an accompanying telegraph on the ground, like there is for other siege weapons. I only realize it the moment I get hit, and by then it's too late, because it's usually 28k+ damage, and I know it's a stone cold treb because it's the only thing in the death recap. Other players have also mentioned they don't see a telegraph for this siege weapon.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me once before too, I was in a two man group once and I suddenly died to cold stone trebuchet and my groupmate claimed they never saw the AOE indicator either. To both of us, it looked like I just fell down and died for no reason. And only death recap told what killed me
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this all weekend, it’s mildly infuriating.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    This happened to me once before too, I was in a two man group once and I suddenly died to cold stone trebuchet and my groupmate claimed they never saw the AOE indicator either. To both of us, it looked like I just fell down and died for no reason. And only death recap told what killed me

Yep, there doesn't seem to be an indicator, not even a simple outline circle nor a filled aoe circle, like other sieges. I wonder why that is...
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely a thing.

Sometimes you will randomly just get deleted and then you'll see the un-animated 18k Coldstone shot on your Death Recap.
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called 'invisible siege aoe'...it happens a lot when big encounters occur.
    It's another lovely part of broken Cyro.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely a thing.

Sometimes you will randomly just get deleted and then you'll see the un-animated 18k Coldstone shot on your Death Recap.

Yep.. that's always fun when it happens :lol:
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    It's called 'invisible siege aoe'...it happens a lot when big encounters occur.
    It's another lovely part of broken Cyro.

Yeah come to think of it, it was during big sieges when I saw this happening. I hope they will look at it, pretty impossible to defend against.
    Options