Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stone cold trebuchet not telegraphed properly

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been noticing for a while that when I get hit by a stone cold trebuchet siege in Cyrodiil, there isn't an accompanying telegraph on the ground, like there is for other siege weapons. I only realize it the moment I get hit, and by then it's too late, because it's usually 28k+ damage, and I know it's a stone cold treb because it's the only thing in the death recap. Other players have also mentioned they don't see a telegraph for this siege weapon.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me once before too, I was in a two man group once and I suddenly died to cold stone trebuchet and my groupmate claimed they never saw the AOE indicator either. To both of us, it looked like I just fell down and died for no reason. And only death recap told what killed me
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this all weekend, it’s mildly infuriating.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    This happened to me once before too, I was in a two man group once and I suddenly died to cold stone trebuchet and my groupmate claimed they never saw the AOE indicator either. To both of us, it looked like I just fell down and died for no reason. And only death recap told what killed me

Yep, there doesn't seem to be an indicator, not even a simple outline circle nor a filled aoe circle, like other sieges. I wonder why that is...
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely a thing.

Sometimes you will randomly just get deleted and then you'll see the un-animated 18k Coldstone shot on your Death Recap.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called 'invisible siege aoe'...it happens a lot when big encounters occur.
    It's another lovely part of broken Cyro.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely a thing.

Sometimes you will randomly just get deleted and then you'll see the un-animated 18k Coldstone shot on your Death Recap.

Yep.. that's always fun when it happens :lol:
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    It's called 'invisible siege aoe'...it happens a lot when big encounters occur.
    It's another lovely part of broken Cyro.

Yeah come to think of it, it was during big sieges when I saw this happening. I hope they will look at it, pretty impossible to defend against.