The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I wish to play naked. (Serious)

Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
/Something something something punchline./

I would like a stronger case of character optimization in the outfit system that wouldn't take long at all. It would only take 5 items added to our collections.

Hide Shoulders- Light armored, barbarian style. optimization with the lack of any strap or harness for the sai sahan jack (example) And opens up "civilian style outfits and robes" without relying on costumes with no shoulders already added.
Hide Gloves- Prioritization for Khajit and Argonians in specific. Raz would like to show off his lovely fur. Or your happy go lucky casual adventuring gear.
Hide Belt- Opens the options for robes and or dress like outfits Also help certain outfits that are bulky that doesn't support belt buckles very well. (Knights of the Circle Cuirass) as example.
Hide Boots- I imagine many Khajit, Argonians, and Wood Elves prefer to feel between their toes... claws....talons. you get my point. I would love to increase the quality of my murder hobo DND character to new bounds.
Hide Chest- A hawty contention in MMOS hide torso slot or not. I simply say. Let us show off these tattoos yo

• OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use Nordic bathing towel costume like any civilised person would do
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Bathing towel is very limiting in terms of outfit optimization.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd like more freedom as well. Bathing towel is limited. It would be nice to wear just a dress without pauldrons, belts, and boots with everything.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    First example, is not wanting or needing the Honor Guard shoulders. Sai Sahans jack with no shoulderpad would be a small blessing. I can show off my Meridian Zealot and his tatts without limiting them.

l3A4kPw.png
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lets start with 'hide hip flaps' first then go from there
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Vigarr wrote: »

Toggle Attachments option for toros would also be a very acceptable form of increased customization.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP.

Let's also attach hip, butt, crotch flappers, potions, books, pouches, scroll cases to belts instead of chests. That way you could choose what kind (if any) accessories you want dangling from your belt instead of ruining so many chests with accessories that are not appropriate for some looks.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are in an internet cafe or playing from the library, I do not see what prevents you from playing naked.
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay big bucks for the outfit tops to meet the revised belt line.

Actually I wish I was the outfits system lead just for a day.

Fix all tops to meet the underwear.

Give all options as you guys wish.

Make bank.

Also smooth all edges.

Add all missing color swatches.

And sent about 20 costumes back to the drawing board.

That's it, that's all.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about hide chest but do agree with the rest of those
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like hide options on all armour slots too. I wouldn't use them all together, but it would be nice to have the option to hide any piece which doesn't fit the look I'm trying to create.

I don't see why it should be controversial because everyone already has the option to run around the game entirely 'naked' simply by removing whatever they have equipped in those slots. (And even then you're not truly naked because all characters have underwear which cannot be removed.) We've also got various costumes and even some armour or outfit pieces which don't cover much. So it's not like this would be introducing the possibility of nudity to the game, it just gives more customisation options for those who want it.

Also I suspect it would be like when dyes were added - first for armour, then costumes then weapons and every time people were terribly worried that many players would 'misuse' the system by dying everything bright pink, but in reality that's relatively rare and most people make an effort to look good (even if their personal tastes don't match yours). I suspect people who immediately uncheck everything and run around appearing to be naked would be a rarity compared to people unchecking some pieces to create a themed outfit.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    First example, is not wanting or needing the Honor Guard shoulders. Sai Sahans jack with no shoulderpad would be a small blessing. I can show off my Meridian Zealot and his tatts without limiting them.
    I'm in the same boat. 95% of dyes being broken on Sai's Jack doesn't help either. The crotch flap should go as well, or be overwritten by the pants slot.
    big, green, buff, but surprisingly not the Hulk
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what was nice about FFXIV, they had options to hide basically all your gear... they had a gear/glamour set called the "Emperor's New ..." and had pieces that basically could hide everything. But you have to remember, ZOS is a company that for YEARS believed that if they allowed players the option to dye their weapons, that everyone would be running around with pink weapons. I'm sure this same FEAR, which all know is the best motive for decision making (insert sarcasm), is what is preventing them from offering this option. They are afraid that everyone would be running around naked if given this option, just like they were afraid of the 'everyone with pink weapons' that actually never happened.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

l3A4kPw.png

Even with the shoulders this is still eye candy :)
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they don't make a hide pants option, I'm up for pretty much anything
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, FFXIV does have that option with the Emperor's set... and honestly, I'd rather see someone running around in what appears to be a Speedo than the ugly bath towel.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use Nordic bathing towel costume like any civilised person would do

Ha that thing is hideous
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

@spartaxoxo id like hide chest just for the sake of showing off all these detailed body markings they make. As of now there’s limited options that don’t cover up most of the markings.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for 'hide all' options.

We know that there's already a 'hide shoulders' in a dev kit, so it makes no sense why that's not included yet considering the number of people that have asked for it. Also 'hide belt' since many of the tops do have painted-on belts, so you have to very carefully choose the belt model you want to use to not get it to clip weirdly.

But yeah, 'hide chest?' Absolutely. 'Hide shoes?' Absolutely. 'Hide pants?' Why not?

"But people will walk around naked!" As if the Bather's Towel isn't already an option, as is dressing an overweight Orc in a bright pink wedding gown. Most people will not abuse it in that way. Besides, we get a million body markings from crown crates, and there are so few ways to really show them off.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, "hide pants" could do some legitimate interesting thing with some of the longer-'skirted' Chest pieces.

But, yeah. It can also just hide pants. :D

(not that anything stops people from having their 'town' alts/mules running around in their underwear. Which is less revealing than half the stuff in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue that's on grocery store shelves right now. Not terribly risque or M-rated.)

Personally, I'm most interested in Hide Shoulders & Gloves. Those are the parts that interfere with my outfit plans the most.

Vigarr wrote: »

Unfortunately, that one's actually harder than all the other ones. Because hiding a whole item slot is pretty simple. But the flaps are built into the Chest models. So to have a 'hide' option for them, they'd have to rebuild all the Chest motifs to make the flaps a separately-defined part.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 27, 2021 12:23PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@spartaxoxo id like hide chest just for the sake of showing off all these detailed body markings they make. As of now there’s limited options that don’t cover up most of the markings.

I get that and that usage makes sense to me. But also hiding chest with these other options is also likely to result in a bunch of female characters running around in nothing but bras and miniskirts, and that's kinda immersion ruining since eso doesn't really have that aesthetic. Just not something I'd prefer to see. I kinda just want more skimpier tops avaiable for both men and women that are a bit more immersive like the Sai Sahan top.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 27, 2021 1:10PM
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    And a "big attributes" potion like in Conan Exiles XD
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe codpieces, you could wear that and that only.
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to add my support for this. These are what I personally see as MUST HAVES:

Hide shoulders
    Hide hip plates
    Hide crotch flaps
    Hide Chest
    Hide Gloves
    Hide Belt
    Hide Shoes

Attaching the hip plates and crotch flaps to belt would be a nice add as well. However, I'd still want the belt, crotch flap, and hip plates to be individually hidden. Sometimes, certain pieces look good and others don't. This would give the ultimate in flexibility.

Right now, as powerful as the outfit station is, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of being able to customize your look.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    That's what was nice about FFXIV, they had options to hide basically all your gear... they had a gear/glamour set called the "Emperor's New ..." and had pieces that basically could hide everything. But you have to remember, ZOS is a company that for YEARS believed that if they allowed players the option to dye their weapons, that everyone would be running around with pink weapons. I'm sure this same FEAR, which all know is the best motive for decision making (insert sarcasm), is what is preventing them from offering this option. They are afraid that everyone would be running around naked if given this option, just like they were afraid of the 'everyone with pink weapons' that actually never happened.

The irony is that while they were worrying that players might choose to have pink weapons their system of giving each material tier a different colour and then calling a halt to gear progression at CP160 meant we all got stuck with light red weapons for a long time, which often looked quite pink.

If anything I think the outfit system did the opposite of what they were worried about and many people dyed their rubedite weapons more realistic colours, or at least ones which match the rest of their character.

I get that and that usage makes sense to me. But also hiding chest with these other options is also likely to result in a bunch of female characters running around in nothing but bras and miniskirts, and that's kinda immersion ruining since eso doesn't really have that aesthetic. Just not something I'd prefer to see. I kinda just want more skimpier tops avaiable for both men and women that are a bit more immersive like the Sai Sahan top.

They can already do that too. There's several costumes already available which fit that description, for example:
    Or, as previously discussed, they can simply remove their top which will show the bra that's part of the character model with whatever other leg armour and other pieces they choose.
    Edited by Danikat on July 27, 2021 1:48PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to see my characters genitalia for immersion/RP purposes.
    Or at least be able to choose some new underwear styles.
    The current default 'black' underwear look like cheap $1 Walmart things. A loincloth would be more immersive actually. :*
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to be able to see my characters genitalia for immersion/RP purposes.
    The current default 'black' underwear look like cheap $1 Walmart things. A loincloth would be more immersive actually. :*

lol never going to happen in this game so maybe give conan exiles a go as it has full nudity in vanilla
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »

The irony is that while they were worrying that players might choose to have pink weapons their system of giving each material tier a different colour and then calling a halt to gear progression at CP160 meant we all got stuck with light red weapons for a long time, which often looked quite pink.

If anything I think the outfit system did the opposite of what they were worried about and many people dyed their rubedite weapons more realistic colours, or at least ones which match the rest of their character.

They can already do that too. There's several costumes already available which fit that description, for example:
    Or, as previously discussed, they can simply remove their top which will show the bra that's part of the character model with whatever other leg armour and other pieces they choose.

Ugly as it is, Nocturnal's dress has a plunge down to your characters navel and slits up to their hips. I don't see where any "hide armor" option is more revealing than that.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That first thing would bump this game up from M (recommended, but not required, to be 17+ to play) to Adults Only. In countries where ESRB gives ratings, Conan Exiles had to remove the specific parts that would lead to that AO rating.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

That first thing would bump this game up from M (recommended, but not required, to be 17+ to play) to Adults Only. In countries where ESRB gives ratings, Conan Exiles had to remove the specific parts that would lead to that AO rating.

false. A friend of mine plays conan on PC and says it still has full nudity...perhaps just the console versions were affected.
    Other M rated games like GTA have full male nudity in vanilla for all platforms yet still bar female nudity which is ridiculous and a discussion for a different topic