The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question: Status Effect Damage.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
I know there was a thread that covered this 3 years ago, but does anyone know about any particular damage scaling coefficients of the Burning, Poisoned, Sundered, Overcharge and Hemorrhaging status effects?

What I need to know really is, how does the damage scale up, which stats affect specific status effects and vice versa. And yes I am aware of the status effect page on Alcast’s site but in my personal opinion it is currently outdated due to the fact it does not currently include Sundered, Hemorrhaging and Overcharge. (Someone may want to bring that up with 'em.)

And yes, I also know status effect damage can crit. (As I tested this on a training dummy in the hunters glade with unleashed terror as a werewolf.)

Edit: This question is purely from PVE perspective.
Edited by Skullstachio on July 25, 2021 2:01AM
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they scale like skills on max mag/stam and on spell/weapon dmg, not sure about penetration tho.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They scale like skills and there are some passives that boost them. Like a Dragonknight boosts poison and flame status effects, and sets like Elf Bane increase the duration of the flame status effect.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they scale like skills on max mag/stam and on spell/weapon dmg, not sure about penetration tho.

Definatly scales with penetration. Most likely it scales with mag/spell dmg/spell pen/mag crit and stam/wp dmg/physical pen/phys crit - each with related one, eg burning (mag), poisoned (stam). maybe it scales even with your highest offensive stats but i think more likely is the first option.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure that status effect damage bypassed armor... IE: When you're poisoned, it's in your bloodstream, not outside your gear.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    I was sure that status effect damage bypassed armor... IE: When you're poisoned, it's in your bloodstream, not outside your gear.

See and you’d think the same thing with bleeding too. But people can’t fathom that something hurts them less than a 30k resistance tank lol.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have mentioned that this question is purely from a PVE perspective. (The OP will reflect this.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    I have tested some status effects in the previous update with some buffs/debuffs and I'm dire about the following:

1) penetration increase the damage of the relative status effects (Spell penetration increase burning, overcharged and the One from frost damage, while physical penetration increase damage for poison status effect and the other ones which deals physical and bleed damage; I can't remember disease damage skills with what scale but the same penetration applied to that type of damage skills applies to the status effect too), unfortunately I haven't tryed for example poison status damage with High Spell penetration or burning with High physical penetration so I can't say if the penetration type makes any difference based on the status effect damage type,

2) weapon damage and Spell damage whichever Is higher applies to the damage from the status effects regardless of the damage type of the status effect,

3) unique debuffs from skills (Active or passive) applies to status effects (Engulfing Flames skill of the dk which applies a debuff of 10% more Flame damage on the target actually increase burning damage),

4) resistances reduce damage from status effects (same as in point 1 I haven't tested which res reduce which status effects, so I can't of Spell res reduce burning while physical res don't, basically because I tested status effects on different enemies of different strengths and against normal enemies I was doin a given amount of damage from burning, against Champion enemies my burning dealt lesser damage since Champion have more res overall compared to normal enemies).

All of these are for sure, but I donno if max stats applies to status effects but I Read somewhere that they don't but again I'm bot dire at all since I have done no testa about, and I donno if specific penetration applies to specific status effects or either penetration applies to every status effects Just like weapon damage and Spell damage do.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask because to me, the unleashed terror set has consistent potential that makes it a very good set, the potential being that while the bleed damage proc from the set itself cannot crit, the bleed damage from the consistent application of Hemorrhaging however can (as can other damaging status effects like poisoned, burning, overcharge and sundered also.) and because Unleashed terror can do both these things, I reckon there is something to be valued in sets that apply damaging status effects like this.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magic type status effects will scale with spell damage+maximum magicka/10.5 and benefit from spell penetration. Ex. burning.
    Physical type status effects will scale with weapon damage+maximum stamina/10.5 and benefit from physical penetration Ex. poisoned,
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |