Whose odds does Mirri not like?

Kaibeth
Kaibeth
✭✭✭
She seems to be a real bi..... er..... "mean-spirited person" sometimes. Am I just being too sensitive?
Edited by Kaibeth on July 24, 2021 12:52AM
What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you list or show a couple of examples of this?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    *summons Mirri* "All right but next time you're helping ME with something!"

*start random fight* "I REALLY don't like your odds!"

*end random fight* <sarcastic tone> "I'm still here. Thanks for asking"
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's worse is that ZOS is trolling us about inventory. When you loot a heavy sack, she says: "Quite a bounty! Glad I don't have to carry it."
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to brag about that, or should I?

I haven't met a goblin that didn't deserve that, not one!
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a dark elf what do you expect?

Besides that, the one where she says "I REALLY don't like your odds!" - she is talking to your ENEMY so she is complimenting you if you think about it.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's worse is that ZOS is trolling us about inventory. When you loot a heavy sack, she says: "Quite a bounty! Glad I don't have to carry it."

I think that's a shot at lydia from skyrim who's "sworn to carry your burdens"
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaibeth wrote: »

build your rapport with her...when I summon her she says things like "miss me?" or "mom and dad say hi".

also it's the enemy whose odds she's talking about not you :expressionless:
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s the mobs’ odds she doesn’t like. Not your character. She’s talking to them.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on July 24, 2021 2:05AM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She could say "I don't like *our* odds," after all :smile:
    PC NA
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

Well, the first time I heard it, it felt like trolling.

• Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, she says plenty nice. She does indeed. But that sassy streak can sting sometimes.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surely that’s better than “this is how we do it in Daggerfall!”
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaibeth wrote: »

I always took those things with a hint of sarcasm, and you eventually do help her with something. Those lines change when you become more friendly with her except the insult she throws at your enemies about how low their odds are. she knows her favored companion and friend is an immortal who faced down Molag Bal and won!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I find both companions to be a pain in the backside. Their continuous nagging and dishing out orders makes you want to push them off a cliff.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri is mixed and I like her personality. I was afraid she might be another snarky Naryu and have found her to be quite endearing and good natured.

After you obliterate a group of foes: "By Vivec! You're a legend!"
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »

Besides that, the one where she says "I REALLY don't like your odds!" - she is talking to your ENEMY so she is complimenting you if you think about it.

You sure? I think she is talking to herself. Her odds are really bad in fights, so... ;-)

• NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her lines are entertaining at least. The first time I heard “Please don’t get me fetching killed” I chuckled. I also enjoyed “A dragon? Really?” For some reason. The voice actress really nailed the inflection and tone.

Mirri says some nice things at max rapport. So she does soften up a bit later on.

Bastian on the other hand… everything he says is total cringe. I can barely tolerate having him out. Even turning down the commentary isn’t enough for him. I need a magical mute button.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

Mmm... Lydia! :) She was far easier to get along with.
    Edited by vsrs_au on July 24, 2021 12:24PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always laugh when I loot a Thieves Trove and she says something like, "You'll take anything that isn't tied down." This is another major reason why she is a DPS and I have her out most of the time... with Bastian, you cannot steal anything, or even anything remotely 'illegal' or you get negative rapport. Mirri doesn't care about stealing, but heaven forbid you grab a butterfly or use the Blade of Woe. Bastian is my healer and I only bring him out when I'm soloing harder content- as in World Bosses or Group Dungeons. Otherwise, Mirri is my open world/delve Companion.

I am hoping they introduce another 'class' character soon... hopefully it's not just a 'chapter' exclusive. Would be nice if it was an Argonian Shadowscale- someone who doesn't care, or even +rapport, for using Blade of Woe.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

I am hoping they introduce another 'class' character soon... hopefully it's not just a 'chapter' exclusive. Would be nice if it was an Argonian Shadowscale- someone who doesn't care, or even +rapport, for using Blade of Woe.

Character's name should be "Stabs and Runs".
  • rwil213
    rwil213
    ✭✭
    Accidently squished a butterfly when aiming for a wayshrine. Mirri wasn't happy. "If you're going to kill a bug, at least make it a fetcherfly"
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, don't be horrible to lil Mirri.
    She came from a big family, and she have learnt how to scrap. B)
    PC EU
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're being too sensitive.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a sunny day in Southern Elsweyr as Varanis Arano and Mirri ride up to training grounds where the Goutfang Pariah Ri'Atahrashi and his students live.

Mirri eyes the Pahmar-raht martial master with disdain. "I really don't like your odds."

Varanis scans the crowd of allies waiting to fight him with more trepidation. "I dunno, Mirri. You have to know the mechanics for this one."

"You're the Vestige. You can handle it!"

Five fiery deaths later, Mirri grumbles, "That was awful," as she stores the loot in Varanis's pack.

"I did warn you."

"Dunmer fire resistance didn't help at all! So unfair. Anyways, whatever's next can't be so bad, right?"

Varanis checks her journal. "Goutfang stole some rice. We need to recover at least 3 sacks."

Their allies in the fight have now invaded the training camp, turning over every crate and bedroll, shaking out every bag. An Imperial man shouts in triumph, holding aloft a sack as he sprints for the nearest wayshrine. A bosmer woman pursues him, shaking her fist. Two redguards begin dueling over another sack of rice, unaware that a particularly shifty-eyed Khajiit is deftly switching it out with a bag full of moonsugar - normally more valuable, but right now, rice is clearly the premium good.

Mirri squares her shoulders. "I really don't like your odds," she announces as she marches over to the nearest Mirri and engages in a staring contest over a conspicuously empty spot that might have once held a bag of rice, and might yet again if they wish hard enough.

"I really don't like your odds," the other Mirri retorts.

Varanis sighs, then calls out, "Anyone want to group up? We can share the credit for the rice!"

Everyone is too busy searching, squabbling, or making unwise bargains with Clavicus Vile for rice to pay any attention to her. She takes a seat next to another conspicuously empty spot and wonders to herself. "Do you think Bruccius would know the difference if I just bought a couple stacks of rice from a guild trader?"
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a sunny day in Southern Elsweyr as Varanis Arano and Mirri ride up to training grounds where the Goutfang Pariah Ri'Atahrashi and his students live.

Mirri eyes the Pahmar-raht martial master with disdain. "I really don't like your odds."

Varanis scans the crowd of allies waiting to fight him with more trepidation. "I dunno, Mirri. You have to know the mechanics for this one."

"You're the Vestige. You can handle it!"

Five fiery deaths later, Mirri grumbles, "That was awful," as she stores the loot in Varanis's pack.

"I did warn you."

"Dunmer fire resistance didn't help at all! So unfair. Anyways, whatever's next can't be so bad, right?"

Varanis checks her journal. "Goutfang stole some rice. We need to recover at least 3 sacks."

Their allies in the fight have now invaded the training camp, turning over every crate and bedroll, shaking out every bag. An Imperial man shouts in triumph, holding aloft a sack as he sprints for the nearest wayshrine. A bosmer woman pursues him, shaking her fist. Two redguards begin dueling over another sack of rice, unaware that a particularly shifty-eyed Khajiit is deftly switching it out with a bag full of moonsugar - normally more valuable, but right now, rice is clearly the premium good.

Mirri squares her shoulders. "I really don't like your odds," she announces as she marches over to the nearest Mirri and engages in a staring contest over a conspicuously empty spot that might have once held a bag of rice, and might yet again if they wish hard enough.

"I really don't like your odds," the other Mirri retorts.

Varanis sighs, then calls out, "Anyone want to group up? We can share the credit for the rice!"

Everyone is too busy searching, squabbling, or making unwise bargains with Clavicus Vile for rice to pay any attention to her. She takes a seat next to another conspicuously empty spot and wonders to herself. "Do you think Bruccius would know the difference if I just bought a couple stacks of rice from a guild trader?"

you sound like a D&D GM lol....wish I had that kind of imagination
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »

I thought she was talking to me, too. When sometimes she talks to us, and sometimes she talks to the enemy, how are we supposed to know the difference?
    PCNA
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    She's talking about the enemy's odds against "us." However, it totally sounds like she's insulting you. So, you're actually still right, in my opinion. I developed a quick "Shut up, Mirri" reflex to most things she says, positive or negative. The best thing to do with Mirri is to set her nightblade fear CC ability high in her action list, because it is quite useful, and then try to forget about her.

Also, put a skimpy outfit on her. That helps a bit.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sounds like she is talking to me.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Mirri: "I really don't like your odds."

*is desummoned*

Me, annoyed, finding the nearest pocket of butterflies and torchbugs: "I really don't like your odds."
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she is great, and fun to listen to! :D

As others have mentioned, as her rapport goes up you will hear different things too; same with Bastian.

I also enjoy him ( despite the Bastian hate, including in this thread : P ), but took a while to get rapport moving on him since he has less activities to raise it faster, unlike Mirri.

Hopefully they will fix that at some point.