The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Crushing Weapon, Quality of Life

MentalxHammer
MentalxHammer
✭✭✭✭✭
I am very excited for crushing weapon to apply major breach next patch! The theorycrafting with this skill will be fun.

If the goal is to up the usage of this skill to its magicka counterpart I very much think that it should operate similarly to sorcerers crystal weapon in that it should activate on heavy attacks, and perhaps have a 4 sec duration.

The extra buffs are nice, but a large reason this skill is underused is because of its clunkiness, heavy/medium attack activation would remedy this.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spamables shouldnt have this kind of buff... Im using crushing weapon already and this change is stupid. Its going to be heavily nerfed soon again
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this needs a buff. I'm pretty certain I'll use this over crystal weapon.
    Options
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    If they want to give it a debuff on hit, I would prefer it to provide a random physical status effect (and maybe leave the bleed one out so it is also random out of 3, make it apply sundered, poisoned or diseased), so it mirrors its magicka morph.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
    Options
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it actually makes sense to put that kind of debuff on this skill.

Major Breach is super accessible in group play and was somewhat accessible in solo play. The somewhat is because not all class had it in their toolkit and the skill that made it accessible to every class, Razor Caltrops, had its damage buffed so the damage per cast of the other morph is now much better.

Taking that into consideration, I think it's great.

To the one who said he'd use it over Crystal Weapons, I fully agree of solo, otherwise, Crystal Weapon is much much better. 1k extra pen and a 3k heal tick on every hit = pretty awesome for, let's say, arenas.
    Options
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rather surprised tbh, given they removed Major Fracture from Surprise Attack a long while back.
    Options
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazraena wrote: »
    I'm rather surprised tbh, given they removed Major Fracture from Surprise Attack a long while back.

this. another nb feature removed from nb to be given to the most, without any kind of logic.
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree that putting Major Breach on Crushing will eventually cause it to get a nerf a couple of patches from now.

I also would like to see it's buff timer increased a smidge. It would be fantastic if they increased it to 4 seconds. I wouldn't complain if it affected heavy attacks as well but I don't think that would be very healthy

As it is in pvp, with the state of the servers, the buff is usually lost 40%ish of the time and it's even higher with ranged attacks.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    While I agree that putting Major Breach on Crushing will eventually cause it to get a nerf a couple of patches from now.

I also would like to see it's buff timer increased a smidge. It would be fantastic if they increased it to 4 seconds. I wouldn't complain if it affected heavy attacks as well but I don't think that would be very healthy

As it is in pvp, with the state of the servers, the buff is usually lost 40%ish of the time and it's even higher with ranged attacks.

Wouldn’t that just make it easier to stack with Crystal Weapon, Overload, Snipe, etc. for a one-shot burst build? Last time this came up it seemed like most of the PVP community wanted it to have a short timer around 2s to avoid stacking.
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn’t that just make it easier to stack with Crystal Weapon, Overload, Snipe, etc. for a one-shot burst build? Last time this came up it seemed like most of the PVP community wanted it to have a short timer around 2s to avoid stacking.

It's already stackable with all those and apparently zos thinks everything's fine with that (since they only addressed overload from stealth)

It's already 3 seconds, 1 more second would just be a quality of life change for laggy situations. I'll add that it wouldn't make anything easier for the combinations that currently employ it but rather make it more reliable as a spammable, especially with staff attacks.

As it is you can cast all your big hitters with cast times then load up Crushing/Elemental and let loose a light attack.

In laggy situations though, It most often falls off before your light attack registers, even in melee range. It's quite annoying.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's already stackable with all those and apparently zos thinks everything's fine with that (since they only addressed overload from stealth)

It's already 3 seconds, 1 more second would just be a quality of life change for laggy situations. I'll add that it wouldn't make anything easier for the combinations that currently employ it but rather make it more reliable as a spammable, especially with staff attacks.

As it is you can cast all your big hitters with cast times then load up Crushing/Elemental and let loose a light attack.

In laggy situations though, It most often falls off before your light attack registers, even in melee range. It's quite annoying.

Fair enough. I don’t know if it would affect the notorious stam sorc burst anyway. Still something to keep an eye on, as well as other classes. A 4s combo starting with Crushing Weapon > Subterranean Assault or Crushing Weapon > Blastbones could be very strong and land simultaneously, where that would be impossible with the 3s duration.
    Options