The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Stamdk Spammable #2

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Urzigurumash
    1. So I have to assume that after 3 years of begging for a poison whip, that we will not get one. We all know how whip will work, but assume what we got is what we get, I is beneficial look into improving stonegiant.
    2. StamDK has the busiest bar in PvE, there is no room on your bar for a passive toogle and another spammable. And in PvP it is I imagine it would be worse since you would need to balance resistance armor buffs
    3. This could work, but again, I'm considering the path of least resistance, you propose 3 skill changes. When it would be far easier to improve one.

All true, but those flaming eyes, I gotta have em.

It is the single most metal thing in the game and I miss it everyday.

Yeah exactly, being an old school death metal guy I always want this class to capture the essence of some sort of lava demon thing. It's why I always try to make Molten Armaments and Flames of Oblivion work over non-class buffs, willingly sacrificing efficiency for the sake of aesthetics and identity. You need some RP in your PvP in this game, otherwise you might as well play Pong.

Although whether MA and FoO are necessarily inefficient in any given patch is a long conversation in itself, and impertinent to this thread.

Edited by Urzigurumash on July 20, 2021 2:51AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Urzigurumash
    1. So I have to assume that after 3 years of begging for a poison whip, that we will not get one. We all know how whip will work, but assume what we got is what we get, I is beneficial look into improving stonegiant.
    2. StamDK has the busiest bar in PvE, there is no room on your bar for a passive toogle and another spammable. And in PvP it is I imagine it would be worse since you would need to balance resistance armor buffs
    3. This could work, but again, I'm considering the path of least resistance, you propose 3 skill changes. When it would be far easier to improve one.

All true, but those flaming eyes, I gotta have em.

It is the single most metal thing in the game and I miss it everyday.

Yeah exactly, being an old school death metal guy I always want this class to capture the essence of some sort of lava demon thing. It's why I always try to make Molten Armaments and Flames of Oblivion work over non-class buffs, willingly sacrificing efficiency for the sake of aesthetics and identity. You need some RP in your PvP in this game, otherwise you might as well play Pong.

Although whether MA and FoO are necessarily inefficient in any given patch is a long conversation in itself, and impertinent to this thread.

Yep. It’s all about style.

Something the rock just doesn’t seem to have.
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Another option if zos is going to keep stonegiant as is, would be to give Noxious Breath the Carve treatment, letting it stack.
    1. In PvE: you could drop some of your shorter weaker dots since you can build stacks from a single dot. You could weave cast of SG and NG, with room for fighter guild abilities, or fury stacks on your front bar.
    2. In PvP: If cleanses calculate the stacks of abilities as multiple, it would be harder to cleanse.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make stonefist the stomp the ability instead, remove cast time, and give StamDK a 360 cleave as a spammable, which would:
    1. Be unique, since for stam at the very least
    2. Syngize with melee builds in PvE content, and make soloing content easier.
    3. Give StamDK something in PvP for battles where one is surrounded or out numbered.

Outside of that, a altering the another ardent flame ability such as empowering chains to something akin to poison chains. Depending on how it is implemented it could be solid, but it could also have its drawbacks in PvE, that may not be an issue in PvP.

1. It would not be unique because NB’s have Power Extraction.
    Personally, I want an instant spammable that works at both range and melee. See a lot of request for it to be only melee but I just don’t get it. Sure, DK’s fight up close and personal but not all classes and players do so a range option would be helpful to apply pressure to the target while closing the gap. Just my 2 cents.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Hotdog_23
    From a spammable perspective it has been explained at nauseum why the ability being range is weaker, as well as why the DK as it is, is not built to DPS from range.
    If you want to range, just use lethal arrow, it will out perform stonegiant, and unlike other weapons spammables DK at least partially benefits. You will not be able to use your class DoT, which is kind of the point, but there you go.

Also I'm aware of the NB ability, but since it is not up to spammable standards in cost, the DK would still largely be the class with cleave.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option if zos is going to keep stonegiant as is, would be to give Noxious Breath the Carve treatment, letting it stack.
    1. In PvE: you could drop some of your shorter weaker dots since you can build stacks from a single dot. You could weave cast of SG and NG, with room for fighter guild abilities, or fury stacks on your front bar.
    2. In PvP: If cleanses calculate the stacks of abilities as multiple, it would be harder to cleanse.

The problem with dots is that they can just be purged. On one of my characters I even built in some mag sustain on a stam build so I can use the alliance skill purge. Necros and Wardens basically get it for free, and Templars have it.
    Still, it's definitely not a bad suggestion.
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Alucardo
    I don't think breath stacks should take the place of a spammable, but it would be a nice change. Maybe making building into poison more viable.
    Options
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Make stonefist the stomp the ability instead, remove cast time, and give StamDK a 360 cleave as a spammable, which would:
    1. Be unique, since for stam at the very least
    2. Syngize with melee builds in PvE content, and make soloing content easier.
    3. Give StamDK something in PvP for battles where one is surrounded or out numbered.

Outside of that, a altering the another ardent flame ability such as empowering chains to something akin to poison chains. Depending on how it is implemented it could be solid, but it could also have its drawbacks in PvE, that may not be an issue in PvP.

1. It would not be unique because NB’s have Power Extraction.
    Personally, I want an instant spammable that works at both range and melee. See a lot of request for it to be only melee but I just don’t get it. Sure, DK’s fight up close and personal but not all classes and players do so a range option would be helpful to apply pressure to the target while closing the gap. Just my 2 cents.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)

During it's first iteration poop fist was a ranged spammable and it was still *** and didn't see much useage.
    There's a reason gap closers exist and why neither stamden nor Stamnecro use their class spammable, the damage you'd deal at range is low as you can spam a single skill only without Light attack weaving, glyphs etc.

If people were so desperate in need for a ranged spammable they'd use silver bolts/shards but they don't.
    Options
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omnia wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Donatoo wrote: »
    Willy
    I main a StamDK and I think Stone Fist is one o the best spammables in the game if you use it properly. My fist in a group with all the usual buffs hits for 18k, It's around 9/10k unbuffed. And it's the only spammable I can think of that applies a debuff (stagger) that increases damage taken from the whole group and the first hit is aoe. I've played for years and done almost everything, all achievements etc apart from the dlc trial trifectas on my StamDK, I don't understand why it gets so much hate. People need to stop comparing all the classes and how this class doesn't have that but that class has this. People need to work with what each class does.

As in the #1 thread, please stop derailing and baiting.

Thank you

What? Op asked about having a second spammable for a DK. I replied about the Stone fist being good enough not to need a second spammable. How is that derailing or baiting?[snip]

The reasons as to why Poop Fist is trash have been repeated over and over again, there is no point repeating them because everyone who has ever used the ability in PvP knows that it is trash.

You're baiting by saying the ability is good and people don't know how to use it, please refrain from doing so.

[edited to remove quote]

The last few things you stated simply are not true - I use it and do not think it's trash in PVP. I believe I would fall under the "everybody" category. The hate whispers I get in PVP from this skill alone, are priceless. :D

Players are offended by being killed by the poo rock or something, they act like they would rather be killed by a well placed dizzying swing. So many people accusing me of spamming SG...imagine that...
    The best use I have found is on runners -- they get a poo rock to the back of the head because of the RANGE. It's the best thing I have if Take Flight isn't up and I don't use a gap closer.

Please don't ask for the range to be taken away, if anything the cast time or initial AoE. It's by no means a perfect skill, but it's not total trash.

If someone dies to poop rock spam alone, they'd have died before anyway or you're zerging them down, in that case you could also spam light attacks at someone.

Also there is a universal ranged spammable already with silver shards/bolt, there is no reason to give stamdk a skill archetype that already exists as an universal one when it's desperately lacking a instant meele spammable, something that doesn't exist yet.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings!

After reviewing this thread, we felt it best to close it for down to prevent further derailment. Please note both Spamming and Deliberately Disobeying a ZeniMax Online Employee are against our community rules:
    • Deliberately Disobeying a ZeniMax Online Employee: Deliberately disobeying a request or action by a member of the ZeniMax Online Studios/ESO Team is not permitted at any time. As an example, if we close a thread you created and leave an explanation stating why it was closed, you may not re-create the thread.
    • Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official The Elder Scrolls Online forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
      - Posting the same message more than once
      - Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
      - Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
      - Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the ESO Team
      - Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.

We thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.