Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Switch @handle with character names?

• reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    briank741 wrote: »
    In Cryptic games, like Star Trek Online, use the @ handle name but the @handle name is not your log in account name it is a forum name that you use.

If someone says it is their account name, it is because they made their forum name and account name the same thing.

even then, at least in Neverwinter. It shows people's character names first and Then thier @handle by default.

Neverwinter chat is just like Star Trek and Champions chat.

then its the same. shows character names most of the time, and the @handles only after. I've mentioned neverwinter because its the onlly one I actually and still do play and I heard others say star trek and champions differently. but I know for sure about neverwinter.

Star Trek, Champions, and Neverwinters chat are the exact same and you can even talk across games. You can even create chat channels that work across games.

Yes i am aware of that. The main point of what I was saying is that by default. it shows the characters name first and foremost before anything else before showing the @handle. Even in chat, it only shows the character name. If you hover your mouse over the character's name, it will show thier @handle. And thier @handle will not be the same as thier account name (wont even allow you to make it as such).

Thats the best method in doing that in my opinion the way they did.
    Edited by reagen_lionel on April 21, 2014 2:23AM
  • briank741
    briank741
    I said that also.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just rewritten my addon Roleplay Plus from scratch and added the functionality discussed in this topic. Although it won't update/change your friends list and guild roster right now.

UserIDs in the chat window, if the other player is either in one of your guilds and/or one of your friends. There's also an option to colorize out-of-character chat that's marked with "((...))" or "ooc:".

You can download it through one of the following URLs and try it for yourself.

Let me know in case there are any bugs or if you've got further requests. :)

Download at Curse.com
    Download at ESOUI.com
    Edited by Smaxx on April 24, 2014 4:46PM
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I gave feedback on this as well because I don't like it. I am in a RP guild and still don't know what character belongs to what player after a month of playing the game.
    I get random friend invites from people whom I do not know or might know but because I can't see their character names I ignore them.

Please can we have an option to turn on character names in guild channels or make them default on?

This request shouldn't even be in the Add-Ons section it should be actually in the game.