The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Temporary Fix/Solution] Invisible ESO Forums on desktop browsers

DTStormfox
DTStormfox
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS is aware that there are problems with the Forums at the moment. Some people are experiencing the problem that they are unable to see the Forums. The page loads but only shows the background image. Some Forums users have already identified that some JavaScript causes the 'body' of the Forums to be assigned the 'invisible' CSS style value.

While the ZOS team is looking for a solution, community members (people you may know) are unable to access the Forums. One proposed solution is to simply disable JavaScript in the browser. However, this disables many of the Forums' functions that depend on JavaScript. Another solution is to use extensions (or add-ons) to force a CSS style. This means that you have to search for extensions (or add-ons), install them on your browser, and setting up the extension (or add-on) to 'overwrite' the CSS styling value that makes the Forums 'invisible'. Since it is safe to assume that most people don't have experience with the CSS language, I have posted some step-by-step guides on my own blog. You can find these guides (for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge) on the following page: https://lmclan.weebly.com/forums-fixes.html

For those who are more familiar with browser extensions/add-ons, and CSS. Here is a summary that applies to most browsers:

Step 1: Find the following extension(s)/add-on(s) for the respective browsers:
Stylish in Google Chrome
Stylebot in Mozilla Firefox
Custom Style Script in Microsoft Edge

Step 2: After installation, open up the extension/add-on and add a new style.

Step 3: Add the Forums URL (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/) in the respective URL field in the extension/add-on, and the following line of code:
body { visibility: visible !important; }​

For the Stylish extension, you also have to select: "URLs starting with" from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, the style will only apply to the home page of the Forums.

Step 4: If applicable for the extension/add-on you use: click on the "Save" button. In the Custom Styles extension you have to click the plus sign (+).

Step 5: You can close the extension/add-on tab and return to the ESO Forums. You (or your friend) should now be able to view the Forums again.

PS. I do understand that posting this temporary fix/solution on the Forums while the people with the problem are unable to view the Forums is problematic. Hence, I decided to post these solutions on my own Blog (because it can be accessed regardless of your access [or lack thereof] to the Forums.)
PPS. If these solutions (didn't) work, please let me know. Also, if you have found another (better) solution, don't hesitate to leave a comment.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 15, 2021 6:10PM
Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
Veteran PvP player

This discussion has been closed.