Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make ESO great again

• GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely there's lots of flaws in this game that need to be mentioned first thing is they need to make it like the previous games nothing is wrong with the story elements of the game but it be nice to finally have what the elder scrolls game's were all about to have it as close as it gets to making your own class by allowing people to at another class skill lines and level a 50 levels then repeat the process until there are no more classes left but that would require the original 8 attributes from the original games doing what they did in those games and at least 2 new classes that way people can truly max a character out.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is nowhere as good as oblivion and Skyrim it's filled with people that angry when you want to build a character that uses for example a restoration staff on one bar and a two handed weapon on the other you can't make your own class most of the conjuration spells have been left out you can't walk on water you can't dive or breath underwater you can't levitate, use telepathy or telekinesis they keep changing the weapon abilities for example upper cut used to knock people back and stun them the ultimate for two handed used to refund your ultimate points if you killed the target with it this year is better than last year but it's not enough to fix the game I only play because it the best MMORPG on the Xbox and I have spent $1000s on it I was disappointed in the very beginning but I stuck with it hoping they would go back to being as good as oblivion and Skyrim by putting all the spell and enchantments that they left out going back to a normal stat system not this over simplified bull crap that only benefits a few people I like maxing out a character I almost never win in pvp I find it hard to talk to people I don't know because I don't like child based drama or talk to kids I like being a solo gamer but I also love co-op and MMORPGs I don't usually play games that aren't online. And if you never played Morrowind, oblivion, or Skyrim then you don't know what you are missing and you are not a true fan of the franchise. The original games were about creating your own class calling it what you wanted it was about maxing out your characters stats it's lame because they felt that going away from cannon was the right move but who cares if someone has 100% spell absorption or 100% to all resistances they got that way because they work to get there and you can't even have that. I just don't want to see the franchise I loved since childhood go under and if they keep things the way they are the franchise will die we don't even know if they will even come out with elders scrolls 6 I thought it be out by now but technically ESO is number 6 it's the 6th game for the franchise I have been pre order it for 3 years I started playing it 2016 I missed the first few pre orders my friends in real life all hate it and won't play it some rather just stick to Skyrim a lot of my friends who used to play it online people I don't know personal stopped playing it and pretty Shure my old childhood friends that loved elder scrolls 3 probably won't touch ESO because of how different it is in comparison. I just don't want to see my favorite franchise go bottoms up.

A word of advice: if you want to support the franchise you love, insulting the fans of ESO is not a great way to go about it.

ESO is a great entrance into the TES series for many fans. Skyrim was a fantastic entrance into the TES series for many fans.

*waves hello*

I started playing TES games in Skyrim. Then I played Oblivion. Then ESO. Then Morrowind, which I played shortly before ESO launched their Morrowind Chapter precisely because I wanted to visit singleplayer Vvardenfell first. According to you, I guess I wasn't a true fan before I finished Morrowind?

Oh, foo on all Morrowind snobbery.

All the games have something special. All of the games gave up something from their predecessors. If you play Oblivion expecting it to be like Morrowind, you'll can join theegion of Morrowind fans who were disappointed. If you play Skyrim expecting it to be like Oblivion, you'll be disappointed because it further simplifies the remaining CRPG elements. If you play ESO expecting it to be like Skyrim, again, you'll be disappointed.

In your disappointment, you'll miss the elements that make each game an amazing entry in the TES saga.

Levitation is gone, probably for good. In exchange, we got the amazing, lively cities of Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO because the Devs can do so much more in a closed "zone" where players can't levitate over the walls.

Exploits like the fortify restoration loop are all part of the Buggy Bethesda memos in the singleplayer games because it really doesn't bother anyone else if you break the balance of your game. In a Multi-player game, it should be obvious that you don't get to ruin the game experience for everyone else around you. (Though never fear, Zenimax is totally carrying on the Buggy Bethesda torch.)

The deep text-based lore of Morrowind and quests that required you to follow directions are gone now that we have fully voiced games. Ironically, ESO has been doing more for the lore of some of the undeserved races like Argonians and Khajiit than the singleplayer games ever did.

One thing ESO does better than any game in the series is have some sort of "end game" when your character has finished all the quests. In Skyrim, you just had some random radiant quests. Beyond that, what was there to do but decorate your houses, install five dozen mods, then try to figure out which mod is making your game crash?

The TES series is doing fine. Bethesda was pretty clear that they were working on Starfield before TES 6, so that ought to tell you that you're going to have a long wait yet. Despite Bethesda releasing Skyrim on every electronic device know to man, ESO is doing a fantastic job of introducing the TES games to a whole new audience of gamers. Skyrim will be ten years old this year. TES 6 probably won't be out for another 5 years, if I had to guess. In the meantime, what's going to keep interest high?

ESO. More precisely, ESO doing what ESO does well, because this game has its own audience that isn't a perfect match for the single-player game fans.

That does NOT mean that ESO needs to bring back all the old features (and exploits) you loved from Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely there's lots of flaws in this game that need to be mentioned first thing is they need to make it like the previous games nothing is wrong with the story elements of the game but it be nice to finally have what the elder scrolls game's were all about to have it as close as it gets to making your own class by allowing people to at another class skill lines and level a 50 levels then repeat the process until there are no more classes left but that would require the original 8 attributes from the original games doing what they did in those games and at least 2 new classes that way people can truly max a character out.

So basically if ESO scrapped their entire character building system and rebuilt it to meet your specifications...

You know that most players would just pick whatever is most effective for their role, right? Instead of having Warden tanks, DK tanks, and Necro tanks with their own way of tanking, there would be like one tank build that's an unholy combination of the strongest skills from all three classes.

Instead of having Warden healers and Templar healers who have their own unique niche as healers, players would grab the best of their healing skills (and probably necro or the sorc twilight). We'd have one PVE healer build who could do it all.

Ironically, for trying to go back to the older games, what you'd really be doing is recreating that old Skyrim meme about how everyone ends up playing a stealth archer because it's the most effective tactic available.

Comic:
    flow-chart-of-skyrim-character-creation-stealth-combat-magic-archers-13535897.png
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    The current attributes system only benefits of few people if they went back to the basics it benefits everyone those who spend $1000s of dollars and you and me you just have to work to build up if you never played Morrowind oblivion or Skyrim then you can't relate to it. It's not the same things game only works for those who stick to a role it doesn't work for Jack of all trades type players and even when I take the advice to put all your attributes into one stat it still doesn't work for me it work so much better if it had the original 8 attributes and 100 attribute points per 50 levels it work better with underwater there could also be player owned ships that can sail on the oceans of Tamriel and even have our companions help control the ship instead of another player and Even have your own npc crew and be pirates of sorts there's so much more that can happen not to mention my life could be over at any moment so it be nice to see my favorite franchise go back to cannon before I die. And have all the spells and enchantments that were left out to be able to truly max out a character something I have always done in the other games in 2013 I want an elder scrolls MMORPGs because I wanted to be good at something I wanted to be able to be the best but I can't with this attribute system there no way I can become emperor with this current system my lose to win ratio is 99% loss and 1% win in pvp the storyline of the game is way too easy except dungeons and trails a solo gamer can't do a trial or most dungeons by them selves unless there cp 810+ and only a few of them mostly the first few dungeons like Fungal Grotto 1 and city of Ash 1 for example I was able to do city of Ash 1 on normal by my self for the first time and it was all thanks to the companion system which makes this year twice as good as last year but it's not enough to satisfy lots of people like me who have spent tons of money on this game. My friends are quiting one by one each for different reasons one quit being his stamina and magicka would not regain in pvp he started over on computer because that glitter wasn't affecting him this guy spent way more money than me what happens to all those who spent$1000s if this franchise were to ever go out of business? It's a major loss in our lives money that could of gone towards better things I don't have to waste my government money on this game I could use it somewhere else but I love this franchise to much to give up on it or start from scratch somewhere else. That's is way I want to be heard and understood I could just not play it or not pay for for ESO plus save me lots of money a month but I refuse to give up on this game because I spent so much money on it .
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to speak to someone who was on the original team for Morrowind, oblivion and Skyrim to hear how they feel about ESO I honestly wonder what they would say.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I am unfamiliar with a stealth archer is they only time I used bows in Skyrim was to bring down dragons it's not my play style to be stealthy in the original games and this one I don't even us shadowy disguise anyone with my night blades so please tell about the stealth archer.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current attributes system only benefits of few people if they went back to the basics it benefits everyone those who spend $1000s of dollars and you and me you just have to work to build up

if you never played Morrowind oblivion or Skyrim then you can't relate to it.

It's not the same things game only works for those who stick to a role it doesn't work for Jack of all trades type players and even when I take the advice to put all your attributes into one stat it still doesn't work for me it work so much better if it had the original 8 attributes and 100 attribute points per 50 levels

it work better with underwater there could also be player owned ships that can sail on the oceans of Tamriel and even have our companions help control the ship instead of another player and Even have your own npc crew and be pirates of sorts there's so much more that can happen

not to mention my life could be over at any moment so it be nice to see my favorite franchise go back to cannon before I die. And have all the spells and enchantments that were left out to be able to truly max out a character something I have always done in the other games in 2013

I want an elder scrolls MMORPGs because I wanted to be good at something I wanted to be able to be the best but I can't with this attribute system there no way I can become emperor with this current system my lose to win ratio is 99% loss and 1% win in pvp

the storyline of the game is way too easy except dungeons and trails a solo gamer can't do a trial or most dungeons by them selves unless there cp 810+ and only a few of them mostly the first few dungeons like Fungal Grotto 1 and city of Ash 1 for example I was able to do city of Ash 1 on normal by my self for the first time and it was all thanks to the companion system which makes this year twice as good as last year but it's not enough to satisfy lots of people like me who have spent tons of money on this game.

My friends are quiting one by one each for different reasons one quit being his stamina and magicka would not regain in pvp he started over on computer because that glitter wasn't affecting him this guy spent way more money than me what happens to all those who spent$1000s

if this franchise were to ever go out of business? It's a major loss in our lives money that could of gone towards better things I don't have to waste my government money on this game I could use it somewhere else but I love this franchise to much to give up on it or start from scratch somewhere else. That's is way I want to be heard and understood I could just not play it or not pay for for ESO plus save me lots of money a month but I refuse to give up on this game because I spent so much money on it .

Sorry, I needed to space that out as best as I could figure out the separate thoughts.

The Elder Scrolls Franchise is not going to go out of business if ESO does not completely redesign its character-building system to suit your tastes. And they are your tastes. Skyrim doesn't have the 8 attribute system, and it's a wildly successful TES game. As someone who's played all three, I found Morrowind and Oblivion's stats to be really clunky to manage. ESO and Skyrim were a big improvement.

The Elder Scrolls Franchise is not going to go out of business if ESO does not bring back your favorite spells, spellcrafting, levitation, underwater combat, fortify restoration/alchemy loop exploit, or whatever it is you want in the game. I mean, I would love to get Spears back, but I don't think it's crucial for the success or failure of the franchise. These things are fun, but they are not necessary. Skyrim lacks most of them, and again, it's a wildly successful TES game.

The Elder Scrolls Franschise is not going to go out of business if you cannot play the entirety of ESO as a solo player. Now, there have been many requests for story-mode dungeons and trials, and we'll see what happens with that. However, there are tons of stories in ESO with more coming out every year. There is loads of quality content in this game.

As for "being the best", this isn't a single player game where you can become a godlike Nerevarine or Dovahkiin by abusing the fortify restoration loop until you break the game or just "legendarying" your skills over and over until you max out far above any NPC power level. Either you set your own goals that will satisfy you or you compete with other players. Do you want to try for the Arena leader boards? Do you want to run with a top trials guild? If that stuff doesn't satisfy you, then don't worry about it! If that's what you want, then you've got to actually be skilled at playing ESO. Asking that the game be changed so you can "be the best" isn't going to work out.

And no, you not getting Emperor is not the fault of ESO's attribute system. Being a good PVPer is only part of the equation. Emperor requires serious dedication to gaining AP, outpacing all your competitors in a short time frame, and then cooperating with your faction to capture the six ring keeps at the right moment. If you can't do that now, changing the attribute system isn't going to help you beat your competition.

I mean, I do really feel for your friend with his bugged regen. The bugs are the one Bethesda tradition I wish ZOS had done without.

All that being said, I really do think ESO is a great game on its own. It does a lot of things well and it doesn't need to completely transform itself into a copy of Morrowind or Oblivion. If that's the experience you want, those games are still there for you to enjoy their unique gameplay and leveling system. TES 6, when it comes out, isn't going to be a copy of Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim either.

Meanwhile, ESO needs to fix its performance problems and keep forging ahead with what makes it great: good storylines, interesting zones, exploring the TES lore, unique classes with distinct playstyles, solid PVE group content, and working PVP environments. If it does that, it'll have no problems bringing another generation of TES fans to the party.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unfamiliar with a stealth archer is they only time I used bows in Skyrim was to bring down dragons it's not my play style to be stealthy in the original games and this one I don't even us shadowy disguise anyone with my night blades so please tell about the stealth archer.

The joke is that the most efficient playstyle in Skyrim is to sneak and shoot things from far away because of the extra sneak attack bonuses. Not everyone plays a sneak archer, but it's a very common playstyle for that reason.

Similarly, ESO players tend to gravitate to the classes and builds that are the most efficient for particular content.

For example, if I want to play a healer, Mag Warden and Mag Templar are the two best choices because their skill lines are very well suited to healing. They synergize well in groups because they have a slightly different healing style and buffs.

If you let me pick from all the skill lines in the game and I wanted to play a healer, then obviously I would pick the Warden and Templar's healing skill lines and have the best of both worlds. That would be the most effective way to be a healer. Additionally, anyone who didn't do that would be lacking in important healing skills.

What it ends up doing is killing build diversity. Instead of having two solid ways to play a healer, now there's only one solid way, and a myriad of inferior options.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to speak to someone who was on the original team for Morrowind, oblivion and Skyrim to hear how they feel about ESO I honestly wonder what they would say.

Rich Lambert is the creative director for ESO. He worked with Bethesda on Oblivion TES 4. And he is not the only Dev with ZoS who worked on Morrowind and Oblivion and Skyrim.
    FYI.. ESO started development almost 4 years before Skyrim released, and at that time, they totally redid what they had because of Skyrim, and they changed the direction of ESO because of it. So, to respond to "someone from the original team from previous TES games" well, they are the one's who made ESO. ( plus a few from DAOC, and a few other fantasy MMO games).
    If you Google past episodes of ESO Live, or the Bethesda Twitch Channel, or early QuackCon or E3 videos, you will see those people and hear their thoughts.

I also want to apologize about my earlier response, (that was edited by moderators due to stuff, which I never do and am sorry for it), as I really thought you were trolling us. I will take your post's and this thread more seriously and try to help more.

With that said , I say listen to @VaranisArano. They are more versed in ESO and older TES games than I.
    ESO is a great game if you approach it as a MMO that has a TES world view. It is not Skyrim. But Skyrim was not Morrowind.
    Just my two drakes.
    Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on July 12, 2021 7:10AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not someone who trolls people I don't find that to be fun and in Skyrim I never had to stealth use a bow to get through the game it much easier for me to hack and slash my way through but when it comes to ESO I don't want it to be a copy of the originals I just want it to have a more friendly appeal to it to be able to max out a character is what made these games worth while but now it's like why didn't they just go with the original 8 attributes in the first place this whole system only benefits of few people not the original fan base I know everyone's play style is not the same but I also know there are people who agree with me but most might be too afraid to speak up. And what I truly meant by I don't want to see my favorite franchise go bottoms up was I just don't want to have to lose all the time effort and money I put on this game. I feel like they might be listening to me because about 1 or 2 years ago I suggest something like the companion system and they made it. I just want some happiness in life with out any. The game is all that gives me some happiness there's nothing else for me to look forward to. Even though it may seem like I want this all for my self that is not the case I want it for every person who has been treated poorly, because they want to be a jack, because they don't want to be told to stick to a role, because they just want to have fun and max out a character. I have been treated poorly by other players because I don't want to stick to a role and because I not good enough. I simply want core stats that build up you characters. Not to mention the game is already unbalanced as it is. There are too many problems with class vs class like some class have an advantage of others even when use lower level gear than that character the sorcerer class is practically unmatched the only time I could win I pvp is with my sorcerer and other non cp characters I'm certain they will make what I feel they should because the customer is always right I am 100% positive if they went to an 8 attributes system they would get more people to play and make more money but currently they are losing popularity their rating has drop about 1.5 points they used to be a 4.9 and now they have a rating of 3.9 I see more negative reviews than positive on Xbox and there losing the support of the fans that played the original games. My biggest regret in life is not being able to achieve my dream of game design if I had this game would have never been made this simple. to some people simple mechanics is harder to grasp then complex mechanics. And you shouldn't have to be partied up just to get the full benefits of the game, everyone should have a choice either be a follower, a leader, or a lone wolf. When you are forced into having to rely on others to play a game there is no fun to it. But if you get the choice to build your characters the way you want to then it's better. Having all those attributes allows some who is at a disadvantage to be able to overcome such disadvantage and pole through the top. Not everyone likes to compete and they only way to become emperor in this game is to compete I won't even go into the campaigns except imperial city and the only pvp I like is battlegrounds and that's about it. I can't even get the full benefits of the game I have spent $1000s on because of they way the attributes system is made and because they lack of certain enchantments that were need for me to even be good at the game just as spell absorption. I also miss walking on water, levitate, telepathy, water breathing,, feather, fortified attributes, telekinesis, and even being able to make your own spells and classes. Try playing the original games and then make an option.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who doesn't understand what I am trying to put across.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not someone who trolls people I don't find that to be fun and in Skyrim I never had to stealth use a bow to get through the game it much easier for me to hack and slash my way through but when it comes to ESO I don't want it to be a copy of the originals I just want it to have a more friendly appeal to it to be able to max out a character is what made these games worth while but now it's like why didn't they just go with the original 8 attributes in the first place this whole system only benefits of few people not the original fan base I know everyone's play style is not the same but I also know there are people who agree with me but most might be too afraid to speak up. And what I truly meant by I don't want to see my favorite franchise go bottoms up was I just don't want to have to lose all the time effort and money I put on this game. I feel like they might be listening to me because about 1 or 2 years ago I suggest something like the companion system and they made it. I just want some happiness in life with out any. The game is all that gives me some happiness there's nothing else for me to look forward to. Even though it may seem like I want this all for my self that is not the case I want it for every person who has been treated poorly, because they want to be a jack, because they don't want to be told to stick to a role, because they just want to have fun and max out a character. I have been treated poorly by other players because I don't want to stick to a role and because I not good enough. I simply want core stats that build up you characters. Not to mention the game is already unbalanced as it is. There are too many problems with class vs class like some class have an advantage of others even when use lower level gear than that character the sorcerer class is practically unmatched the only time I could win I pvp is with my sorcerer and other non cp characters I'm certain they will make what I feel they should because the customer is always right I am 100% positive if they went to an 8 attributes system they would get more people to play and make more money but currently they are losing popularity their rating has drop about 1.5 points they used to be a 4.9 and now they have a rating of 3.9 I see more negative reviews than positive on Xbox and there losing the support of the fans that played the original games. My biggest regret in life is not being able to achieve my dream of game design if I had this game would have never been made this simple. to some people simple mechanics is harder to grasp then complex mechanics. And you shouldn't have to be partied up just to get the full benefits of the game, everyone should have a choice either be a follower, a leader, or a lone wolf. When you are forced into having to rely on others to play a game there is no fun to it. But if you get the choice to build your characters the way you want to then it's better. Having all those attributes allows some who is at a disadvantage to be able to overcome such disadvantage and pole through the top. Not everyone likes to compete and they only way to become emperor in this game is to compete I won't even go into the campaigns except imperial city and the only pvp I like is battlegrounds and that's about it. I can't even get the full benefits of the game I have spent $1000s on because of they way the attributes system is made and because they lack of certain enchantments that were need for me to even be good at the game just as spell absorption. I also miss walking on water, levitate, telepathy, water breathing,, feather, fortified attributes, telekinesis, and even being able to make your own spells and classes. Try playing the original games and then make an option.

ESO is an MMORPG.

Having the 8 attribute system and the ability to max out your character is not going to let you pole your way to "the top."

I fight in CP PVP. Believe me, having maxed CP 810 did not in any way, shape, or form guarantee me a place at "the top." Same thing with trials - many players have maxed CP and meta characters who can do normal trials with a group. Few people can compete for the leaderboards.

If you got your 8 attribute, maxed out character and walked into Battlegrounds, you would be fighting against other 8 attribute, maxed out characters. If you have disadvantages now, you would still have disadvantages then. Player skill would still make all the difference.

And ZOS would still be designing dungeons and trials to challenge all the 8 attribute, maxed out characters. Unless there is an easy "story mode" added, a solo 8 attribute, maxed out character is never going to fully solo content designed to challenge a team of twelve 8 attribute, maxed out characters.

Fundamentally, ESO is not a singleplayer game where your Nerevarine or Dovahkiin can abuse power creep to become stronger than anything in the world to the point that nothing is a challenge. No, it's a world of Vestiges, and surely you can see the problems inherent in letting thousands of Vestiges abuse power creep to the point that they can solo waltz into a fully powered trial and beat down old St. Olms, right? Maybe that's satisfying to you, but lots of players enjoy games with some challenge to them even at max level.

I'm sorry, but I sincerely think you are setting yourself up for sure disappointment by tying your happiness to the hope that ZOS will completely redesign ESO's character building and combat system to match the 8 attributes, maxed out characters you loved from Morrowind and Oblivion. I mean, even if they started tomorrow, the process would take years. That's the sort of gutting/redesigning process that would make One Tamriel look like peanuts.

Honestly, I'd recommend finding some achievements that will make you happy. If you don't want to play in Cyrodiil, why even worry about Emperor? Find an achievement you want in Battlegrounds and work towards that. Sometimes being happy in a game is about focusing on how to maximize your enjoyment of what you can do, rather than complaining about what you can't and begging the Devs to completely change the game so you can.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I know that I actually suggest to them to change that I'm hoping they decide to go with 2 types of servers a pvp server where pvp like in cyridill is all over Tamriel and a co-op server where the only pvp is battlegrounds and a storyline for cyridill that always you to become emperor through the story and has no campaigns always people to be able to fast travel in and out of cyridill, and to be able to take your account in back and forth from co-op to pvp servers and vice versa.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I was also thinking there should be a brawler skill line with your bare fist kinda like the hand to hand skill in Morrowind and knuckle weapons along with an un armored skill line, and a one handed only skill line manly so I have more skill lines to master one of my characters has all the weapon and armor skill line all maxed out the only ones I haven't maxed out are undented, psijic order, and soul magic only because I am taking my time on the main story line because I have lost interest in the game in the first place.
    Edited by GodKingScormxon on July 13, 2021 9:37PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was also thinking there should be a brawler skill line with your bare fist kinda like the hand to hand skill in Morristown and knuckle weapons along with an un armored skill line

Personally, I don't see much point in having an extra skill line for fighting with bare fists or being without armor. Perhaps it is suitable if two players fight against each other in PvP in a fistfight (provided that it is a fair fight and both really stick to the agreed fighting style), but at least it seems completely unrealistic to me if any player would, for example, fight a dragon with the bare fist and without any armor.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I was also thinking there should be a brawler skill line with your bare fist kinda like the hand to hand skill in Morristown and knuckle weapons along with an un armored skill line

Personally, I don't see much point in having an extra skill line for fighting with bare fists or being without armor. Perhaps it is suitable if two players fight against each other in PvP in a fistfight (provided that it is a fair fight and both really stick to the agreed fighting style), but at least it seems completely unrealistic to me if any player would, for example, fight a dragon with the bare fist and without any armor.

Some of the Khajiit monk styles might work well. Although most of the Khajiit monks don't exactly seem to be doing amazing against the dragons attacking their homeland, so maybe not.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand what someone mean by the current system of attributes being more efficient did you mean in terms of animating the game or in terms of playing it because it's not efficient to me it is very difficult to go with the build I want to I'm not someone who bends to someone else's will I don't like the way it is because I can't have what made these games great in the first place I won't do dungeons anymore because of unsporting type behavior of other players because I want my characters to focus on not just one attribute I like being able to go with a restoration staff on one bar and a 2 handed weapon or sword and board on the other bar I don't understand how so many like the way it is it feels like it's this just to insult me like it's to torment me someday I believe it will change and the people who quit playing ESO will all come back there more of them they y'all think.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand what someone mean by the current system of attributes being more efficient did you mean in terms of animating the game or in terms of playing it because it's not efficient to me it is very difficult to go with the build I want to I'm not someone who bends to someone else's will I don't like the way it is because I can't have what made these games great in the first place I won't do dungeons anymore because of unsporting type behavior of other players because I want my characters to focus on not just one attribute I like being able to go with a restoration staff on one bar and a 2 handed weapon or sword and board on the other bar I don't understand how so many like the way it is it feels like it's this just to insult me like it's to torment me someday I believe it will change and the people who quit playing ESO will all come back there more of them they y'all think.

As far as ESO's system being more efficient:

ESO's system of three attributes is designed to follow Skyrim's system of three attributes: health, magicka, and stamina. Skyrim likewise borrows from early games, which had health, magicka, and fatigue as major combat stats.

The big difference is that in Oblivion and Morrowind you could only indirectly affect your health, magicka, and fatigue. Let's say you were feeling a bit squishy. Well, you add to put points in Endurance, and then over time you'd start getting more health when you leveled up.

If you wanted more fatigue in Oblivion, you needed to start putting points into Strength, Willpower, Agility, and Endurance. Each of these was governed by what major skills you leveled, so you really had to micromanage what you were doing each level to get the right +5 or +3 bonuses to the attribute you wanted.

In contrast, Skyrim and ESO are much simpler.
    Need to run longer/use weapons better? Add more stamina.
    Need more magic to cast spells? Add more magicka.
    Feeling squishy? Add more health.

You may not find it as intuitive or as customizable as 8 attributes that indirectly effect your major combat stats. However, having 3 attributes that determine your major combat stats is far less complicated and thus more accessible for most players.

Out of curiosity, what kind of build are you trying to make in terms of attributes and for what content?

My MagDK uses one-hand and shield/resto staff as a healer in PVP or even in PVE as a tank if the group needs more healing.

Finally, I'm not trying to insult or torment you when I disagree with what you want. I genuinely disliked the micromanagement of Oblivion and Morrowind's 8 attribute system. I think it would be a giant step backwards in accessibility and balance for ESO. We may disagree, but I should hope we can do so without insults.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like any of the builds I go with my own I don't just focus on one attribute I am a balance type play that use both stamina and magicka this attribute system doesn't benefit people like me I have my resources set at 30k to 35k with some of my character it's 30k on all resources my problem is that I don't want to go with someone else's play style I was about 15 or so when Morrowind came out and my reaction speed is slower than most but my button speed with my fingers is too fast for the controller or game to keep up thanks for asking by the way. It's just an 8 attributes system give a play more to do more to master and a more since of accomplishment I am old fashioned and I also don't like how greedy the world has become but that has nothing to do with the game. Sadly video games is all I have in life my chances of success was stolen from me because of my mental illness starting from childhood and my family straight up abandoning in 2016 I have little to look forward to and that's why I am so passionate in my ideas I believe one way or another my ideas will unfold to benefit all people not just in this game but in ways but until all I can do is Express my feelings in writing before I just did the feedback option in ESO help option but I felt unheard if I was able to achieve what I wanted in life I would have been a game programmer I made an rpg skeleton book just rules without a storyline in highschool but I lost the data it was stolen from me in job corps and my parents got rid of their old computer with the file on it so unless my highschool I graduated from still has my data it's lost for got and the only physical copy was stolen from me in 2013 I have lost far more than I have gained in life I was taken from my parents at the age 5 and separate from my siblings my biological father died when I was around 10 to 14 and I have never been able to meet my mother. But that has nothing to do with the game but everything to do with my passion in the things that I love. I believe in Infiniti all person's places and things both factual and fiction to my they all exist somewhere other than were we can see them. I love all unconditionally and believe you can only hate something you once loved. I do apologize for my lack of punctuation I have a learning disorder and tend to ramble on.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a game that makes every one happy. But sadly what makes one person happy make another person sad.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ESO's system is not particularly well set up for "hybrid" builds that want to use health/mag/stam. Or even just mag/stam. It was better when we had soft caps, and it's gotten better with some newer sets. But for every step forward, ZOS nerfs other stuff, like the staple hybrid set Pelinal's Aptitude.

Fortunately, if you don't want to do group content, hybrid builds can do just fine in overland questing.

They can even do okay in some group content. It's probably easiest to run a hybrid build as a tank, since stamina is used for One Hand and Shield and blocking, while a lot of class buffs and CC are magicka-based. The newer Warden class could probably get away with playing as a hybrid healer, since they have legitimate stamina healing options. (Maybe Necro too? I have no experience as a Necro healer so I can't say.) Damage Dealer is a little harder - normally I would've recommended trying out the Pelinal's Aptitude set, but ZOS is completely changing how that set works.

I understand not wanting to deal with other players, but it's possible to do well with hybrids if you want to do a particular role. It may not be as effective as a maxed out, meta-following build, but frankly you don't need to be in a maxed-out, meta following build to do normal or easier veteran dungeons.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 14, 2021 12:19AM
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Already did most of the story lines I also suggest for them to make one more role and my attributes system idea won't work unless there is at least 2 more classes I just want to have that build a class feel in the game and to do that they would need two more classes and allowing of stacked class kinda like cross class but instead you don't switch from class to class the class skill lines would be add in with everything else with 50 more levels, 100 attribute points and level up rewards per stacked class. Not to mention I find it easier to understand complex mechanics better than simple mechanics and that's my problem my mind is to advanced for simple thinking. I had an IQ of 140 when I was a kid now it's only 99 but that's because I am overwhelmed with huge paperwork and racing thoughts I'm mostly a math genius with an 18 grade point average in math. I'm sure if you were able to give it a go you'd like it better but a lot of people are afraid of change because it would be a change no matter if it were a step back to step forward.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    And not to mention a lot of MMORPGs don't have enough classes or races to choose from in my perspective.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    The human mind works in so many different ways for one thing maybe easier to understand than another with the same person. There are a lot of complex thing I can't understand but there are even more simplified things that I can't understand than complex things so to speak.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I must of completely forgotten that Skyrim didn't have the 8 core attributes even though I beet the game in 2014 before they fixed the armor stand glitch I probably forget because I hated it and whipped that from my memory that was also before mods were usable because they didn't work for me back on my old Xbox 360 I should of said something years ago but at that time there wasn't an MMORPGs for it that I knew about they only things I liked about Skyrim was the crafting skills that were add someday I hope they people can understand when you take the core attributes and skills from an rpg it's just an action game those core stats is what truly defines an rpg other wise it's no better than a fighting game or first person shooter games that rarely have good stories to it on the bright side there nothing wrong with the story of ESO except the pvp part of cyridill it lacks a storyline that is possible for all players because not everyone wants to be attacked by other players just to get the full benefits of a game it's truly brakes my heart for my favorite franchise to just throw in the towel when something got to tough to do in an alternate reality they did it they way it was meant to I just got unlucky to be born in this reality that's all. Lol Everything I want will happen someday so I don't let what people say hurt me. It's actions that hurt me.