The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zos - Community Communication

Elo106
Elo106
✭✭✭✭✭
Reading the patch notes for PTS makes me think ZOS actually reads the forums, some or most?, requested changes got heard.

I understand why you cant just post under an idea that it will be implemented or even considered because players might expect it to 100% happen in the next patch and be disappointing.
But even just discussing stuff with us would be a huge step forward. Lets look at the ball group complaints as an example (Just an example, please dont discuss ball groups in this thread).

Several people complained about it, no response. The patch notes added sets to combat ball groups. -> The community felt like Zos wasnt responding or reading.
Just a few posts in that thread maybe asking to discuss how to have more tools against ball groups without having to nerf abilities would have lead to a healthy discussion, nudging the entire thread to a more positive discussion.
Have people discuss sets now, you havent promised or admitted to anything, yet you have communicated.

Best case would have been better ideas for those sets, worse case, we feel like ZOS is listening, making the forums a better place.

Tldr: Zos should just discuss ideas with us, no need to make promises, confirm or deny anything, just discuss.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS does listen and I'm happy with the job that @ZOS_Kevin is doing so far. Idea discussion would be welcome though, particularly if he and the other CMs could corral the top issues for players here and facilitate some kind of discussion.
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=8420009
    Edited by Kalle_Demos on July 13, 2021 5:14PM

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Elo106, thanks for your comments concerning communication. We are always looking for new ways to engage the community overall, especially here on the forums. If you or anyone else has any potential feedback on forum communication, feel free to sound off in this thread. No promises on implementing everything highlighted here, but this is a pathway toward strengthening communication for everyone. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not sure why there's such a hatred for ball groups, its just a fancy way of saying the groups got an organized comp lol
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on July 13, 2021 5:36PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thinks it would be helpful if a thread with pinned known bugs was kept.

Then at least we know if you consider something to even be a bug and it is already on your radar.

Then we will not all have to keep posting and looking and perhaps nagging so much.

This one thinks, as an example, of the issue where you cannot use a companion in any group above four in an overland environment. This makes it impossible to level comanions while partaking in random mischief with your guildies on Caturday.

This one has posted about this before but has no idea if a fix is even planned. It is not in the notes for the next update.

If there was a pinned bug thread, especially after an update goes live, this would be most helpful to all.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thinks, as an example, of the issue where you cannot use a companion in any group above four in an overland environment. This makes it impossible to level comanions while partaking in random mischief with your guildies on Caturday.

I’ve noticed, even in a full group of twelve, if we’re spread across Nirn, then I can pull out my companion. So I imagine it’s only when 4+ of you are in the same zone that you can’t pull out your companion.

But yes, I fully agree. If it’s overland content, we should be able to have 12 players and 12 active companions in a group.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @Elo106, thanks for your comments concerning communication. We are always looking for new ways to engage the community overall, especially here on the forums. If you or anyone else has any potential feedback on forum communication, feel free to sound off in this thread. No promises on implementing everything highlighted here, but this is a pathway toward strengthening communication for everyone. Thanks!

In my times here and in the game, I've noticed threads come in a few flavors. In my mind, each of these have room for improvement and I'll detail how I believe they could be approached.

1. Complaints about new features or sensitive issues.
    • Acknowledge changes that are controversial.
    • Engage in empathetic discussion.
    • Recognize when compensation is required.
    • Leverage polls for official use.
    2. Bug reports.
    • Consolidate and sticky commonly reported bugs into central threads.
    • Move or link relevant threads into master threads for any given bug.
    • Provide regular and detailed status updates.
    3. QoL Requests.
    • Create a QoL Request Board
    • Acknowledge and organize common requests.
    • Provide transparency on requests' possibility
    4. PTS Feedback.
    • Provide transparency on what feedback has been heard or considered.
    • Solicit Developer feedback on forums on a regular interval.
    5. ZOS Communication.
    • Continue the detailed Patch Notes strategy.
    • Change forums so players can distinguish between moderation and actual ZOS feedback.
    • Ensure that actual ZOS communication occurs before moderation on sensitive issues
    • Provide short-term active discussion on threads started by ZOS teams.
    • Open an official thread for forum management feedback, with little-to-no moderation.
    • Provide time-frame as to what constitutes a thread as out-of-date.
    • Discontinue snipping of contributors' posts.
    • Reposition moderators to focus on organizing and facilitating communication with an emphasis on customer service.
    • Solicit feedback for a better appeals process for forum-violations.
    • Provide updates on what communication strategies are being changed.
    6. Player-driven polls and non-issue discussion.
    • Engage in player polls and fun discussions.
    • Create an ESO meme megathread.
    7. Performance.
    • Renew official ZOS communication on performance issues.
    • Provide transparency and details on actions being taken.
    • Speak to what's been improved
    • Provide transparency on why issues can't be hotfixed.

Edited by Destai on July 13, 2021 7:29PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

In my times here and in the game, I've noticed threads come in a few flavors. In my mind, each of these have room for improvement and I'll detail how I believe they could be approached.

2. Bug reports.
    3. QoL Requests.
    4. PTS Feedback.
    5. ZOS Communication.
    • Change forums so players can distinguish between moderation and actual ZOS feedback.
    • Ensure that actual ZOS communication occurs before moderation on sensitive issues
    • Reposition moderators to focus on ensuring that communication is well organized, with a focus on helping players that come here.
    7. Performance.

Was typing out something similar myself, but honestly this sums up a lot of what I was typing rather succinctly. The only thing I could possibly add would be a better forum appeals system and moderation investigation of certain topics, issues, and such. This way the balance of power can remain in check to better allow players to speak their minds constructively and allow a better flow of feedback.
    Edited by Sephyr on July 13, 2021 6:27PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    Destai wrote: »

2. Bug reports.
    3. QoL Requests.
    4. PTS Feedback.
    5. ZOS Communication.
    • Reposition moderators to focus on ensuring that communication is well organized, with a focus on helping players that come here.
    7. Performance.

Was typing out something similar myself, but honestly this sums up a lot of what I was typing rather succinctly. The only thing I could possibly add would be a better forum appeals system and moderation investigation of certain topics, issues, and such. This way the balance of power can remain in check to better allow players to speak their minds constructively and allow a better flow of feedback.

Added! Thanks!