The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You will hate me, but for balance reasons Acuity needs to go

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no question that Acuity bombers are overperforming right now, all the top ball groups run them and all the builds for solo bombers use them. This is complicated by the relatively high skill level it takes to use them, meaning that only the high end ball groups and solo players can use them.

As to why they're overperforming, others have already answered this earlier in the thread: ZOS gave everyone free damage stats. To go into this a bit more keep in mind that all of the damage stats get percentage multipliers on them. So that 1000 free weapon and spell damage is actually 1300 weapon and spell damage with all the buffs (which any competent group will have). This gets worse when you stack crit damage multipliers on top of that. So the actual increase in damage is far, far higher than the comparatively pitiful amount of crit resist and extra health ZOS gave us to compensate.

To put this into perspective about a year ago when I was in one of the better ball groups on DC no-cp our health requirement was 25k. At that time 30k+ hp was considered ridiculously high. Now, the minimum hp in my current guild has jumped to 30k hp, with most of the specialized groups requiring 33k+ hp. The higher end ball groups on the server have an astounding 40k hp requirement. So you can see how out of hand the damage has gotten.

I don't want to see Acuity or VD or anything nerfed over this, rather, I'd prefer to see base crit resist or hp increased a bit more or the crit damage multipliers to be decreased a bit.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    You dont need acuity for overload at all but i can add to it like anything else