Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forums not loading on PC

BazOfWar
BazOfWar
✭✭✭✭
This started a couple of days ago and I cannot fathom out why, I can access these forums with my mobile phone or tablet but for some strange reason they stopped loading on my PC and laptop.

It will load the initial page with the brown background but will not load any content or posts.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormFox was kind enough to write up a guide for my solution on his blog: https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved
    It uses Chrome, but there's a Firefox extension with the same name which should work too if you prefer FF
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    DTStormFox was kind enough to write up a guide for my solution on his blog: https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved
    It uses Chrome, but there's a Firefox extension with the same name which should work too if you prefer FF

Thank you @Alucardo

That worked a treat.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »

Thank you @Alucardo

That worked a treat.

Glad to hear it! I'm actually surprised this issue hasn't been fixed yet to be honest. It's affected a number of people.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    In case this helps the forum gurus get to grips with the situation I used firefox and did r-click/ inspect on the blank background page.

This opened the developer page. Then clicked style editor tab and disabled style-compat.css in the left hand column. The page then showed fine.

The solutions above may be better though as I needed to do this for each new page I went to.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. Wanted to follow up on this thread. We are aware of the forum access issue and investigating. We are tracking any feedback other have in this thread to aid in the investigation process. We'll update in this thread with any additional updates. Thanks for your patience on this issue and for the feedback given in this thread.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have to keep the editor running b/c every damned page seems to be something new to the browser.
    In case this helps the forum gurus get to grips with the situation I used firefox and did r-click/ inspect on the blank background page.

This opened the developer page. Then clicked style editor tab and disabled style-compat.css in the left hand column. The page then showed fine.

The solutions above may be better though as I needed to do this for each new page I went to.

tried the solution above (stylish) on both waterfox and firefox, works like a champ.

thanks so much!

Edited by Lylith on July 6, 2021 6:00PM
  • syked71rwb17_ESO
    syked71rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    on MS edge to fix the issue i inspect the page, then went to lighthouse & ran it under the mobile setting,seems to have fixed my issue
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    Fix it please. I am sick of this.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer