The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Players Clash During the Midyear Mayhem In-Game Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
ncedxb0ofbiz.png
This is the official discussion thread for "Players Clash During the Midyear Mayhem In-Game Event"

Take up arms against your fellow players during the Midyear Mayhem in-game event and you could earn bonus Alliance Points, Experience Points, and unique collectibles—charge!
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on July 28, 2021 1:54PM
Staff Post
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I love those alliance shields! Was missing one piece of the terrier pet from last time so hopefully can pick it up easily this time around.
    Ps4 EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you did not have listened to feedback at all...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571733/

Can't say I am surprised, but part of me is disappointed. Artificially boosting IC population by making it a requirement to get all Event Tickets will not make players to like this zone. Quite the opposite - it will get dead empty right after Event ends. Some people even made the IC quests beforehand on 2 or 3 characters, just to avoid this IC "experience".

I love Cyro during MYM, but IC during MYM
    becomes even more toxic than normal... (which is above the scale).
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No special drops in the Cyrodiil dungeons? (White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison)

No extra drops of Key Fragments at all?

I thought those were foreshadowed on the PTS, but perhaps I am misremembering.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see you did not have listened to feedback at all...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571733/

Can't say I am surprised, but part of me is disappointed. Artificially boosting IC population by making it a requirement to get all Event Tickets will not make players to like this zone. Quite the opposite - it will get dead empty right after Event ends. Some people even made the IC quests beforehand on 2 or 3 characters, just to avoid this IC "experience".

I love Cyro during MYM, but IC during MYM
    becomes even more toxic than normal... (which is above the scale).

Yep. I do my IC quests beforehand for every event. On the other hand, I sometimes find Cyrodiil more fun during events than I expected to.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No special drops in the Cyrodiil dungeons? (White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison)

No extra drops of Key Fragments at all?

I thought those were foreshadowed on the PTS, but perhaps I am misremembering.

Those are usually specific to the Imperial City event.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet you didn't fix the range bug on Xbox ready for this event.

Thanks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just say I appreciate how front-and-center this announcement makes the PVP-centric nature of this event?

No doubt we will soon be flooded with complaints threads, but I really love seeing ZOS make it crystal clear that all the rewards come "As you battle your fellow players in Cyrodiil, the Battlegrounds, and the Imperial City."

Truly, you can't expect a free lunch in PVP.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will all the Midyear Mayhem items in the Crown Store Showcase be available during the entire event? @ZOS_SarahHecker . The crown store showcase has not been updated.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Stop forcing us to feed the gankers in IC who camp quest givers & objectives. It's probably too late to save this event, and you've ignored the players AGAIN, but for future reference:

Give players the choice on what kinds of PVP they want to experience. Make all quests in PVP zones (whether Cyrodil or Imperial City), as well as completing a Battleground, worth 1 ticket each, max 3 per day.

A lot of the justifiable HATE you get for this event is directly tied to the way you don't listen to your players and keep indulging the gankers in IC.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a PvE'er but @VaranisArano is right. When I enter Cyrodiil, I know perfectly well that I am entering the realm of PvP. I don't expect that to change to accommodate me; rather, I adapt to survive by using stealth and avoidance to get my objectives accomplished. Though I manage to get my event tix during MYM, there are enough events to easily skip any that are too unpalatable if doing a sneaky scouting mission a day is too taxing.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to stop hate train going for a split second I'd like to say that it's the time of the year I wait the most as a mainly pve player, Cyrodiil can be finally filled with desired action and IC getting attention it deserves, one of my favourite zones which also the only place in game that can possess some sense of danger at times, which this game severely lacks being one big safe place.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker hey what about Second Legion outfit style ??

they still droppind from IC bosses or will be in Bag of Veteran's Glory ?

nothin in the description of the event about them
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker hey what about Second Legion outfit style ??

they still droppind from IC bosses or will be in Bag of Veteran's Glory ?

nothin in the description of the event about them

They come from the grab bags but no longer drop from bosses.
    Staff Post
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ,

Why do we have 3 non- alliance locked camps and only one alliance locked camp?
    Like i completely understand ya'll are trying your best to unbalance the game.

Seriously though, can we get at least the same number of alliance locked camps??

Faction swappers get 6 camps and alliance loyalists get one? WTH?
    Way to show those dedicated to the cause you support them.

Also, how about them drops for ALL TESO streams??

Holla,

-theshockcable
    Edited by eternalshockcable on June 25, 2021 6:47PM
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    Broken cyrodil campaign (evergloam) . Not registering emp on Xbox na. 😡
    Edited by shalalaA7X on June 25, 2021 7:39PM
  • tigerdrsk
    tigerdrsk
    only question i have is will there be another deadwalker type event in needing to use the pet again. we've done the skin and personality, was there any after this? i'd rather not waste tickets on getting an uncomplete pet on the waiting if we aren't going to be doing it anymore with another event to take it's place
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    tigerdrsk wrote: »
    only question i have is will there be another deadwalker type event in needing to use the pet again. we've done the skin and personality, was there any after this? i'd rather not waste tickets on getting an uncomplete pet on the waiting if we aren't going to be doing it anymore with another event to take it's place

There is due to be a quasigriff mount next followed, iirc by a house
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Also with the XP nerfed in Cyrodiil battle leveling toons is not adequate,
    and you can get more xp out of Cyrodiil than within it.

I believe the XP of things such as kills , takes of outposts, towns, and keeps
    are not adjusted properly for anyone to completely battle level their toon.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can you extend MM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players clash, servers crash :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pet peeve (or rather monstrous dislike) with the event is the endless stream of gankers.

I cannot comprehend the joy of sneaking on hapless PvE-ers who just want to do their quest and slaughtering them without warning. Ganking and camping are allowed, but it is still poor behaviour, I'd say.

Unless I am attacked, I go for live and let live, no matter what alliance. If you just want to do the quests for the tickets or achievements, go ahead. What do I gain from ruining other peoples' fun by creating frustration and irritation?

Reversely, if I am attacked by a ganker, I just let them. I don't fight back if I am alone, because there is no point. They are always far better than me in PvP, so why struggle. If they think it's fun...
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    My pet peeve (or rather monstrous dislike) with the event is the endless stream of gankers.

I cannot comprehend the joy of sneaking on hapless PvE-ers who just want to do their quest and slaughtering them without warning. Ganking and camping are allowed, but it is still poor behaviour, I'd say.

Unless I am attacked, I go for live and let live, no matter what alliance. If you just want to do the quests for the tickets or
    achievements, go ahead. What do I gain from ruining other peoples' fun by creating frustration and irritation?

Reversely, if I am attacked by a ganker, I just let them. I don't fight back if I am alone, because there is no point. They are
    always far better than me in PvP, so why struggle. If they think it's fun...

List of things PVEers got with the new expansion:
    Overland sets
    Dungeon sets
    New trial
    New titles
    New quests (some that award skill points)
    New overland area
    New public dungeons
    New instant events
    New body markings

List of things PVPers got with the new expansion:

Nothing. They didn't even change the names of the campaigns.

Any PVPer in IC who sees a person running around with 22K health is going to nuke that person on sight. It's a PVP zone. Don't like it? Don't play in it. You could have played BGs and gotten your tickets.