The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Midyear Mayhem

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Midyear Mayhem. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Being this is the first opportunity to complete and morph the Unstable Morpholith pet into the Deadlands Firewalker personality, did everything function as expected?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Yes, I would like to pass same feedback regarding event tickets acquisition during Midyear Mayhem Event.

Currently, it is 1 Cyrodiil daily quest and 1 Imperial City Daily quest that grants event tickets.

I think it would be much better if it was not "and", but "or" - so players would have a choice what type of PvP content they can do, and what content they enjoy more.

So instead of having to do 1 quest in Cyrodiil and 1 in Imperial City, it could be 2 daily Quests in Cyrodiil, or 2 in Imperial City, or 1 of each.

This would not only give players "a choice" what kind of PvP content they want to do (almost all other events give such a choice), but also would help in server performance during PvP event, as there is a lot of people going back & forth between PvE zone, then to Imperial City to do daily quest and then again go into queue into Cyrodiil to grab another event ticket. This genrates a lot of additional traffic for the servers, that otherwise could be avoided.

I think this would be a welcome QOL change for all kinds of players, both PvE & PvP.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the new Alliance gear! Totally going for that!

The Deadlands personality is cool (we need more cosmetics like personalities...and I'll always beg for more hairstyles too), but I'd have liked for it to have come with a few more emotes or better a unique walk/run animation - it does feel a bit bare-bones with only a few grumpy idles. Maybe if it had an angry walk that left flaming footprints behind?

EDIT adding pics for people to see:
    vyiMcsf.png
    myKnEWU.png
    jLvs1AL.png
    Edited by tomofhyrule on April 26, 2021 3:38PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two points:

1. Have the Devs considered altering the quest-giver buildings in town to lessen potential for traps. It's very easy to set up AOEs right outside or inside a door, such that players are dead or dying before they finish loading through the door. I've had this happen in Bruma and Cropsford. (It probably happens in other areas but that's where I commonly quest.)

2. Just a reminder that the Arena Daily in Imperial City can be completed from the safety of your respawn platform. You can either kill the daedra from above, or sit in the completely safe, silenced area and let the kills from nearby players count towards your total of rescued prisoners. This is great for players who dislike PVP, but the Devs might consider if this is actually intended behavior.

Finally, I really miss the original Midyear Mayhem, where we got our Event Tickets from just doing a single daily. I like Cyrodiil. I don't enjoy Imperial City - the dailies are basic, and are most efficient to do before the event starts so I can just turn them in one day at a time without ever having to leave my base.

Can the Devs please consider going back to 3 tickets for 1 Daily?

It's much better for player QOL to be able to do something they enjoy and get all their tickets (or at least, hate less than the other options) rather than having to do two types of PVP.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of tickets, you can earn up to three tickets per day by completing quests in Cyrodiil or the Battlegrounds (2 per day) and the Imperial City districts (1 additional ticket per day).

This is what gets me the most.
    Please no imperial city, many of my friends,guildies and people I know from the game NEVER go into imperial city and miss out each day a ticket.
    IC is full of gankers who go after pve'ers who simply want to complete their quest but can't because in each district awaits another group of enemies waiting for easy Ap/tel vars.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 tickets, 1 quest, either ic or cyro
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the flame walkers personality is rather underwhelming tbh. The idle emotes just look grumpy and have no fire or anything. If you want any sort of fire you have to type /doom. Not really much of a flamewalker personality imo its more of a momento or single emote than anything. I love the idea of magical/elemental personalities but if expections are high you must deliver and that simply hasnt been done. I had hoped that at least the flame eyes effect would have been permanent.

Such a pity beautiful concept, but rather disappointing execution.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by SimonThesis on April 26, 2021 6:05PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial city quests should be able to be picked up from the ground level so you don't need to return to base after each quest.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not on PTS, but what I’ve seen of the personality (from the models last event) and the feedback in this thread, I very much like that it is subtle and not overdone! I would not like flaming footsteps or too frequent fire effects and I’ve always thought the personalities like cheerful, angry, commander, thief and duchess to be overdone caricatures and assassin is cool but gets annoying with the frequent dagger flipping. I could imagine the same could be the case with the fireball — looks cool but eventually you’d get tired of your character doing it every time you pause or try to have a conversation. I’m looking forward to getting the flamewalker personality. :)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We havn't gotten any new Event Achievements since 2019. Its been 2 years, can we have new ones for future events going foward?
  • DontWorryAboutit
    DontWorryAboutit
    ✭✭✭
    When xbox getting this?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they will change it back to 1 quest = 3 tickets and don't split it AGAIN.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When xbox getting this?

It will happen in the summer, when Midyear Mayhem goes live on all platforms after Blackwood's release
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not on PTS, but what I’ve seen of the personality (from the models last event) and the feedback in this thread, I very much like that it is subtle and not overdone! I would not like flaming footsteps or too frequent fire effects and I’ve always thought the personalities like cheerful, angry, commander, thief and duchess to be overdone caricatures and assassin is cool but gets annoying with the frequent dagger flipping. I could imagine the same could be the case with the fireball — looks cool but eventually you’d get tired of your character doing it every time you pause or try to have a conversation. I’m looking forward to getting the flamewalker personality. :)

Fully agree, I like that it's more subtle. It does get a unique angry walk - it's just not ridiculously overdone like many of the other personalities. It would be nice with more unique emotes, but I'll definitely take it as it is now.

I LOVE the new alliance shields and staffs. My only complaint is that I feel the dye slots on the staffs don't make a lot of sense. Wouldn't you want to dye the shield part only on the staff, so that you can have a metallic-looking staff with the shield colour of your alliance sitting on top?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being this is the first opportunity to complete and morph the Unstable Morpholith pet into the Deadlands Firewalker personality, did everything function as expected?
    Everything worked as expected. The transformation was spectacular.

Do you have any other general feedback?

The personality was disappointing. Mostly just staring with attitude while idle :/
    PC EU
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like more could be added to the personality. The idles were meh. I did enjoy doom and wish it lasted longer.

The new alliance gear is great. I do wish the shields were slightly bigger but that is being nitpicky. I also wish the banner part of the staves were colored to represent that alliance and didn't look so faded
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone has more alliance gear pics, I'd love to see them. I was thoroughly disappointed in the "alliance banners" that ended up being anything but alliance banners. Still wish they'd release some real alliance banner emotes.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    If anyone has more alliance gear pics, I'd love to see them. I was thoroughly disappointed in the "alliance banners" that ended up being anything but alliance banners. Still wish they'd release some real alliance banner emotes.

oo35l7oz8otq.png

0g4zm4u64o5a.png

• DontWorryAboutit
    DontWorryAboutit
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    When xbox getting this?

It will happen in the summer, when Midyear Mayhem goes live on all platforms after Blackwood's release

Lame
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    ZoS Midyear Mayhem needs some overhauls and all holidays in general.

The knights of the nine (eight as of now) armor from the Oblivion DLC that the order wear would be beyond perfect additon, as well as the armor and weapons of Pelinal himself.

The theme and holiday of Midyear is an Imperial Holiday, and I wish we could incorporate that more, More Imperial esq furnishings, decorm, etc. The Antiquity system did a decent addition with Ayleid artifacts etc and I hope to see more of that. Since the Empire is broken and we are not directly aligned with them they have a smaller majority of themes we get to explore.

Like the luxury vendor the holiday furnishings should get small scale additions for its event as they return.

Midyear furnishings:
    Small scale Imperial banner battlestandards (like the banner emote but as a furnishing)
    Statue (or even statuette) of Pelinal Whitestrake
    The stained glass window of Pelinal vs Umaril from Oblivion(like the Dark Brotherhood one you made)
    Non faction specific PVP siege vehicles
    Map of Cyrodil lead (for antiquities because we dont have one)
    Miniature scale model of the Imperial City (like Vvvardenfel)

Witch's Festival
    Jack o lanterns
    Nocurnal scarecrow dummy
    Pile of bones (small medium and large)

New Life
    Icicle shards
    snow flurry FX

Jesters
    More Tents
    Banners
    Jester Scarecrow (not a training dummy an old fashioned scarecrow)
    Pie filled PVP Catapult as a furnishing
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    When xbox getting this?

Lame

How so?

It's not like PC is getting this early and Xbox isn't. This is the Public Test Server.
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Pelinals scroll should half the amount needed for the tel var multiplier to go up
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Deadlands personality is cool (we need more cosmetics like personalities...and I'll always beg for more hairstyles too), but I'd have liked for it to have come with a few more emotes or better a unique walk/run animation - it does feel a bit bare-bones with only a few grumpy idles. Maybe if it had an angry walk that left flaming footprints behind?
    It already has an own walk/run animation — with a slightly lowered head. It's more clear on the female character who is loosing own hip-wagging gait.
    And please, no need any visual effects, this personality is perfect in its simplicity.
    Edited by Ekzorka on May 8, 2021 8:05AM