The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bastian has some serious food issues.

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When this one cooks, it’s not just one meal but several courses. Bastian should just keep quiet and wait for his non cheese dish.

Anyhow, if this is roleplay, can’t imagine he’d put up such a fuss at the Sevilles’. Unwanted adopted child usually just gets whatever is leftover from the table :'(
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus Titus Alessian sprinkles a pinch of cayenne over the bubbling cheddar smothering a fried potato hash that's been a favorite of his ever since he made fifty of the Port Hunding speciality to level his provisioning. Then he takes the plate back to their table at the inn where the adventuring party of four has settled after their disastrous job in Fungal Grotto. The smell of hot cheese wafts across the table.

Bastian turns a little green.

"That smells amazing," Mirri says, toasting him with a glass of red. "Varanis, why do you never cook for me?"

"I buy you wine instead," Varanis says, takes a spoonful of her Bewitched Sugar Skulls, then leans over to inspect his plate. "Isn't that a green quality, level 15 food?"

Marcus takes a bite, relishing the crisp potato crunch. "Yeah, but it's so good!"

Bastian grumbles, then grabs his bowl of corn chowder and carries it to the table behind them so that the ladies block his view of the offending cheese.

Mirri turns in her seat, "Bastian, you have serious food problems."

"At least I'm not a drunk."

"I'm not a drunk! I'm an oenophile. Means I like the taste of wine."

"I'm lactose intolerant, okay? Cheese does terrible things to my digestion. Then there's Marcus having a foodgasm over there with his cheesy fries. Sometimes I just can't stand the guy, you know?"

His mouth full of hot, cheesy, fried potatoey goodness, Marcus mumbles, "Sorry; not sorry."

"See?!"

Mirri shakes her head. "You've still got food issues, Bastian. Who think it's okay to eat dungeon rats?"

Varanis brightens up. "Hey, I know a blue quality CP 10 recipe for Goblin-style grilled rat!"

"On second thought, maybe I don't want her to cook for me."
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 7, 2021 7:55PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Varanis brightens up. "Hey, I know a blue quality CP 10 recipe for Goblin-style grilled rat!"

"On second thought, maybe I don't want her to cook for me."

PFFFT :D:D

That was the best part :D<3

Thanks for this, Varanis.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *giggles hysterically at Varanis's vignette!*
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, that is not very thought out reaction to something that is done on a daily basis during the quests. Now I have to remove Bastian when doing writs and of course I am forgetting to summon him back before the delve or something else in the wild, so he will stay as weak and useless as he is now for much longer time.
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I think the implications is that when you cook, you're also cooking for the companion. You're both on the open road together. So Bastian don't like it when you cook something he can't eat but don't care if you eat it yourself
    Except we are not on the road, this is the daily provisioner quest that is done for some charity organization. Looks like Bastian doesn't approve giving (cheese) food for the hungry.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not a fan of cutting the cheese either.

Don't fart on Bastian.

Or maybe do, it's not like farting is coded in yet.

yet.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Raveπa
    Raveπa
    Soul Shriven
    Wish I had read this before crafting for dailies! Bastian is a pain and his likes and dislikes make no sense. He's perfectly fine with my necro casting skeletons and other dead things and traveling with stage 4 vampire most citizens won't talk to. But OMG if you steal a thrice used bandage or worse, cook a cheese dish, he's all bent out of shape.