The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Poor target system

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
When I point my cross hair directly at an enemy, I expect that to be my target and the thing I hit with my spell.
I don't want to see the health bar or hit the enemy that decided to stand right next to me.
If my cross hair isn't pointed directly at it, I shouldn't be hitting it.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should like to hit the enemy I have tab targeted, not the dremora or pet that runs near them, or the player next to them ... just what I've targeted thx.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    I should like to hit the enemy I have tab targeted, not the dremora or pet that runs near them, or the player next to them ... just what I've targeted thx.

That is a fantastic idea and exactly how other games work
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you tab target someone it should allow you to 100% hit someone even with pet or something - it work for me, sometimes TOO well even if the player have engine guardians or a hundred of pets.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    If you tab target someone it should allow you to 100% hit someone even with pet or something - it work for me, sometimes TOO well even if the player have engine guardians or a hundred of pets.

You would be the only one then mate. Lucky you.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way back the tag target system worked really well, you would tab on someone, make a big box around them, and as long as your crosshair was in the box you would target them. Then they replaced it with this one where you need to keep the crosshair in the targets outline for it to work
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Way back the tag target system worked really well, you would tab on someone, make a big box around them, and as long as your crosshair was in the box you would target them. Then they replaced it with this one where you need to keep the crosshair in the targets outline for it to work

After a year break, returning and discovering this targeting change in pvp, has just killed the game for me ....
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't even work with the crosshair in the outline. It hits what it feels like hitting.
    PCNA
    PCEU