The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eternal Vigor, still worth it?

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
I really liked this set but now I'm wondering if it still good.

They removed the 1k line of health and nerfed health regen so now it sems to me that:
-Adds 1011 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less
is just vey bad, I would prefer to have also stam/mag regen at low health so I could cast my healing skils more when needed.

Are you still using it or deconned?

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason to use this set ATM.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really bad right now, similar to Orgnum's Scales and Troll King.

If you want tanky, try Pariah. If you want the regen, have a look at Hist Whisperer. You need to light attack weave for that to work, though.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it at the mo on no-cp stamden. I've tried some other options, but each time struggle with sustain either on mag or stam (I'm using quite a few mag abilities). Having a ton of heals + pots helps keep health in the top half though.

I do keep looking for alternatives though.. Especially for a defensive set without losing the sustain.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still worth it imo. It has always been sustain set and right now, I don't think there is a set that provide better sustain than eteranl vigor.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still worth it imo. It has always been sustain set and right now, I don't think there is a set that provide better sustain than eteranl vigor.

Amber Plasm is better since you don't lose your resource recoveries at low health for a now useless health recovery stat.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I like it at the mo on no-cp stamden. I've tried some other options, but each time struggle with sustain either on mag or stam (I'm using quite a few mag abilities). Having a ton of heals + pots helps keep health in the top half though.

I do keep looking for alternatives though.. Especially for a defensive set without losing the sustain.

You still use artic blast on Stamden this patch? Its not very good....

Regardless, if you need the magicka, you better just change the netch to magcika and boost your stamina sustain via food/mundus/jewelry glyph etc..

Go for a pure defensive set. Eternal Vigor is a bad set.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

You still use artic blast on Stamden this patch? Its not very good....

Regardless, if you need the magicka, you better just change the netch to magcika and boost your stamina sustain via food/mundus/jewelry glyph etc..

Go for a pure defensive set. Eternal Vigor is a bad set.

Been using vines and arctic blast.. (and vigor ofc.) I have pretty decent health, so arctic blast is still edging the alternatives for me. Although I see your point, I could switch it for the stam heal (forgot its name) and would need less mag recovery..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal vigor is a solid set. Good players that I know I still running it for the resource sustain. The health recovery is irrelevant since the meta nowadays is to run 30k hp. It’s the stamina and magicka recovery that you want out of the set. I can always tell when I’m fighting someone who is below average when they’re not keeping up with vigor and hots. If you gotta frontbar vigor then front bar it lol, don’t use it when your hp is about to enter execute mode.

If are the type that doesn’t like taking damage to your hp, no matter how small it is, I suggest to use Lingering Health pots. They’re very expensive but Lingering Health pots are what I consider supplemental power creep. If only the ingredients were cheap....

• Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    This set is no longer worth running. With the nerf to health recovery and the line of health from the set gone, there are just too many better options out there. You're better off running some sort of recovery food or just being able to sustain well with heavy attacks.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »
    The health recovery is irrelevant since the meta nowadays is to run 30k hp.

What do you mean? I would say all HP Regen is irrelevant right now compared to Healing or Mitigation buffs, but, what's Max HP got to do with it?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is still one of the most stat dense sets in the game.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I must add a huge no: i used Vigor quite a bit but no longer....no point
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, at least we can all come to a consensus on eternal vigor :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    well, at least we can all come to a consensus on eternal vigor :)

This IS the eso forums. :-P
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it's not worth it with the health regen axe. If you're after a sustain set Willows Path is probably better lol. Or Torc of Tonal Constancy
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Amber Plasm is better since you don't lose your resource recoveries at low health for a now useless health recovery stat.

Eternal vigor stam and mag recoveries are still working under 50%, health recovery is only added then.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    True, but "stat dense" does not necessary means it is good.

Essence Thief is also very "stat dense" set, with a potential to have 100% uptime, and yet it is not used that often. Mostly for solo PvE, but is not a "meta" set.
    Same thing with Gaze of Sithis. It is also a "stat dense" set, but there are way better sets & mythics to use. It is "ok-ish" I guess for some builds, but I don't think it is meta.

Tbh. During "no-proc" tests I have discovered a very good build for myself that utilized health recovery (but not to some absurd level). This build basically allowed me to have slightly more "reaction time", so I could play actively. During lag & health bar de-syncs you often don't even have a split second to react as you go from 30K health to 0 health in a millisecond. I was looking forward to use Eternal Vigor, but then health recovery 50% nerf happened....

Btw. Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that they changed Gaze of Sithis by adding 1K health recovery ? I mean they specifically mentioned in the Patch Notes developer comment that it is there to compensate for the health recovery nerf...

So what about other sets that give health recovery ? ? ?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Eternal vigor stam and mag recoveries are still working under 50%, health recovery is only added then.

Wait, really?

Adds 337 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%.
    Adds 1011 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

If I read the description I cannot see why the stam+mag regen would be active while below 50% health.
    It would make the set very good though so I hope you're right.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I would say it's not worth it with the health regen axe. If you're after a sustain set Willows Path is probably better lol. Or Torc of Tonal Constancy

They nerfed willow path too
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatttt? I didn't even realise people were using it.
    Edit: oh you mean the health regen? Yeah, Torc is probably the way to go tbh.
    Edited by Alucardo on June 30, 2021 4:50PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not just Health Regeneration - they also straight up nerfed the % bonuses that the set provided.

And then they introduced another set in this expansion that basically fills the same role but now does it better (aka going "Full Iceheart" on the set).

Coincidence... I think not.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    True, but "stat dense" does not necessary means it is good.

Essence Thief is also very "stat dense" set, with a potential to have 100% uptime, and yet it is not used that often. Mostly for solo PvE, but is not a "meta" set.
    Same thing with Gaze of Sithis. It is also a "stat dense" set, but there are way better sets & mythics to use. It is "ok-ish" I guess for some builds, but I don't think it is meta.

Tbh. During "no-proc" tests I have discovered a very good build for myself that utilized health recovery (but not to some absurd level). This build basically allowed me to have slightly more "reaction time", so I could play actively. During lag & health bar de-syncs you often don't even have a split second to react as you go from 30K health to 0 health in a millisecond. I was looking forward to use Eternal Vigor, but then health recovery 50% nerf happened....

Btw. Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that they changed Gaze of Sithis by adding 1K health recovery ? I mean they specifically mentioned in the Patch Notes developer comment that it is there to compensate for the health recovery nerf...

So what about other sets that give health recovery ? ? ?

I totally agree that stat dense set does not always lead to a set being good. But for the right build I can be very strong or sometimes OP.

I've got a whole spreadsheet I use that breaks down stat density to help me with my builds. Not every stat in the game is as important to certain builds, or worth its weight in other ways.

But if we look at Eternal Vigor, it gives the equivalent of 164% base set bonus/item equipped while over 50% health. You can argue that health regen is no longer worth its weight so I cut its value in half...

While a set Hulking drauger grants 107%, and Shacklebreaker grants 135%. You also bring up a great point about other stat dense sets like sithis which bolster 700%+ depending on how you rate HR right now. On the right builds sithis can work really great, but on others the stat bonuses aren't worth it.

If what you are looking at for your build is magicka and Stamina Recovery, and you have the ability to easily recover from burst or can keep your health above 50% the vast majority of your fights EV is still a great pick. Builds like mag sorc who often shield at low health now don't have as much use for a set like EV because they spend more of their time at low health.

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, tried it and when you go under 50% health the stam and mag recovery from last line stop working.
    I'll bank it for now.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said before that Eternal Vigor was overtuned and suggested that it should lose the line of health on it. Now that health recovery has been nerfed, the set took too big of a hit, in my opinion.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a long-time fan of Eternal Vigor — the Stamina/Magicka sustain was outstanding.

With that said, in Blackwood I've been trying different sets, and for sustain my preference is now Engine Guardian. EG also provides avoidance for single-target attacks that land on the summoned guardian instead of you.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Eternal Vigor is now a dead set and that's what ZOS wanted.
    PC NA
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker is also a very stat - dense set. If you separate it to different "1pc lines" you get roughly 7 useful lines of stats (1 line of spell damage or weapon damage is usually not useful). But when min-maxing hulking draugr or crafty alfiq are much better sets even though they give 5.5 lines of stats.
    Edited by milllaurie on July 2, 2021 4:45AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not just Health Regeneration - they also straight up nerfed the % bonuses that the set provided.

And then they introduced another set in this expansion that basically fills the same role but now does it better (aka going "Full Iceheart" on the set).

Coincidence... I think not.

I actually had no idea. Hadn't used the set in years (though it was basically BiS pre-orsinium < 50 cyrodiil). Back then it was 15%, then the last I saw it was 18% so I thought it got buffed.
    Pretty sad news if it took a nerf tbh. Definitely didn't deserve it.