The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka necromancer.

Afterip
Afterip
✭✭✭
I play magnecro and really like this class as a healer and a dd. But I don't feel very good in pvp, there are 2-3 deaths for every one of my kills. I tried many combinations of skills and equipment sets, even tried to play through a vampire, but all to no avail. Does magnecro really have no prospects in terms of pvp?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magcros are fine in PvP. Not the best best are very solid. Just find the right build and playstyle and you should be fine.

You can watch this for inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jddexF3SHhA&t=618s&ab_channel=MalcolM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    I play magnecro and really like this class as a healer and a dd. But I don't feel very good in pvp, there are 2-3 deaths for every one of my kills. I tried many combinations of skills and equipment sets, even tried to play through a vampire, but all to no avail. Does magnecro really have no prospects in terms of pvp?

It is not an easy class. Might just be me, but I find it mechanically hard to pvp with.

It is a mag class whose best CC is Dawnbreaker.....nuff said.

• Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not the top tier in PvP, but usually I punch hard and have little to no death for that. My trick was full heavy armor, plus healing tether, but recently to gain more damage I used defensive set of light armor plus DPS set from heavy, I have now high resistances and can punch through many enemies. Of course I die if focused by a team so I avoid big groups. My advice is learn to use block, use food that gives you not only health and magicka, but stamina too for the block use, add malacath into the mix. Heal yourself a lot too, use healing teather, spirit, and restoration skill line hot. That's as much as I can give :)
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly its not the K/D ratio that matters, its if you help your team to win
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    Well, I'm not the top tier in PvP, but usually I punch hard and have little to no death for that. My trick was full heavy armor, plus healing tether, but recently to gain more damage I used defensive set of light armor plus DPS set from heavy, I have now high resistances and can punch through many enemies. Of course I die if focused by a team so I avoid big groups. My advice is learn to use block, use food that gives you not only health and magicka, but stamina too for the block use, add malacath into the mix. Heal yourself a lot too, use healing teather, spirit, and restoration skill line hot. That's as much as I can give :)

I'm using heavy armor all impen, Heartland Conqueror sharpened front and defending or powered back.

Spectre's eye backbar for permanent major evasion, but I may swap to pariah once everyone jumps on the one-shot stamsorc bandwagon. I'm seeing more and more of those.

I prefer Wild Hunt for speed, but have also been using Malacath and Death Dealer's Fete.

I have not gone vampire, but seeing more and more builds recommending Vamp stage 3 for undeath passive.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong. Magica necromancer isn't really as bad as I thought, but my connections are.
    Screenshot-20210629-220603.png
    This is my typical pvp fight in this game: 150 ping and im dead...
    I talked to many players from Russia and almost all of them complained about the extremely high ping in pvp.
    Most likely, pvp is not for me and I will only be a burden there, so I will go to the pve aspect.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong. Magica necromancer isn't really as bad as I thought, but my connections are.
    Screenshot-20210629-220603.png
    This is my typical pvp fight in this game: 150 ping and im dead...
    I talked to many players from Russia and almost all of them complained about the extremely high ping in pvp.
    Most likely, pvp is not for me and I will only be a burden there, so I will go to the pve aspect.

Playing with about 100 ping and its totally playable, I've been there, took a lot of breaks from PvP, then came back with fresh perspective, just keep trying different sets, different set of abilities and you will get there. Personally I didn't find info on the net all that helpful, but you can search for builds, and there are some nice websites that list all the sets in the game, if you want to get creative (which is my preference :D) In current meta I wouldn't recommend glass cannons builds though, use one dps set and one defensive set.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I bought a VPN service and now my ping on pvp is 100-120, it helped me a lot in pvp, my win rate has shifted to 5/2(previous was 1/3).
    I really like magcro in pvp, it's just a pity that there are not enough of them running pvp and I would really like to see a couple of strong players to adopt their tricks.