The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impen needs a buff

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    All this meta has done is made people way more tanky--and I didn't think that was possible.

I think that there is a disconnect between those who play the map, and therefore have to be in situations where it is easy to be bombed, and those who do not play the map, and can position themselves better---sometimes. There is also prob a disconnect between those who play prime time busy campaigns, and those who play when its is only 2 bars.

On my magic alts, it feels like I HAVE to take the impen star and wear impen--last few patches I wore 3 to 4 well fitted 6 L 1/H. Now I am in 4 H / 3 L. I also use quick cloak for evasion sometimes. But I play pop locked campaigns where people will solo bomb you when you are not even near a keep or resource lol--they will stalk you for the opportunity lol.

I am not sure what the solution is. I used Mechanical Aquity for a few months last year and it was good, but the downtime could be tedious. I think unfortuantely the set needs to be adjusted for the current crit system maybe.

Absurd damage leads to people stacking absurd tankyness to counter plus with so much damage it makes it easier for people to do reasonable damage whilst stacking defence. You can use balorgh and malacath alone (heavy armour necro and warden option) to give you all the damage you need or just stack crit on a khajit stamblade, dropping a 13k+ incap with just 1 damage set and pariah. I’ve noticed most people are running in larger groups than before, with 3-4 DPS centric builds ulti dumping its pretty hard not to kill large MYM cyro pugs.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it need a buff? Probably not, but I'm not going to complain if it gets one.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are ridiculous. A skill that kills crit damage by 20%? Everyone just runs malacath because you just killed crit.

My crit % is like 35%. I get one guaranteed crit SOMETIMES (because it bugs out a lot) and that is usually ambush, not incap. Crit chance and damage have already been nerfed.

Bombers run a set to get crit kills. So maybe Mechanical Aquity is your beef. Without it they can't crit five attacks in a row.

I'll be the first to tell you bombing is out of control right now. So ask them to adjust VD so it actually takes effort to bomb rather than what you have right now where the game tells you when to fire what skills and when to perfectly jump into the fray.

A skill that reveals all stealthed enemies for 20 meters? You're killing the one thing that makes NBs unique because you don't want to get caught being lazy (no offense but true). A vast majority of NB builds are easily killed. If you want to stop us from sneaking away, hit us with a dot like Haunting Curse.

We are easy to avoid. Watch your flank. Stay with group. Don't stack on targets. If you're running around with 22k health you WILL be targeted.

Every class currently has the ability to defend against NBs. It's just a matter of compromising on your bars and/or gear.

Your Critical Chance is that low because you haven't made any actual investments in it - that's basically what you get by default for using 5 Medium, Camo Hunter, and NB passive Minor Savagery.

It makes me wonder what you're doing with the rest of your sets (knowing nothing else, I would suspect proc damage sets).

Crit % is nerfed to the ground. With Major and minor savagery it's in the high 30's.

This is with NMA and Heartland and balorgh. I kill people left and right.

Want a crit build? Run Leviathan, Heartland (precise axes and decisive bow), 1 piece Slime, and Harpooner's. I ran this for awhile. All buffed up I had 90% crit and 95% crit damage. Did I kill more people than I do currently? Maybe a little but not a crazy amount. Was it a giant pain in the ass to keep Relentless Focus and Harpooner's up? Absolutely. Though Harpooner's isn't as annoying as Focus.

So I went back to high damage and high pen and guess what, targets die just as easy because crit is in a poor spot right now. Unless you're running MA and get all your skills to crit without effort, crit isn't the end all be all.

Run even a few pieces of impen will protect you. Or wear something like gaze of sithis or ancient dragon guard that will make you tanky but not kill your damage.

In a couple months you can join me in no proc where VD and MA don't exist.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just received 24k crit damage followed by another 23k in a global cooldown. I have 40k resist and 2900 impen. Crit damage is out of control right now.
    PC NA
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I just received 24k crit damage followed by another 23k in a global cooldown. I have 40k resist and 2900 impen. Crit damage is out of control right now.

But if a nightblade can’t kill you in 2 hits then cloak infinitely then the games not balanced apparently.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My resistances are typically from 22k - 30k on my characters and my health is usually around 30k. This is NOTHING in the current meta. So I don't even bother with inpen. It's wasted on my characters because I can just as easily get bursted by a build with a 12% crit rate and Malacath.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense but I need to see that death recap. There's absolutely no way someone hit you with a single target attack for that much.

Now if it was a bomber and they hit enough people, for sure. So again the issue here seems to be a problem specifically with bombers, not nightblades. ZOS buffed VD for this patch. Your issue is with VD and MA.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a 8k damage tooltip on dizzyswing. The max crit it will do on someone with 0 crit resist is 16k I think. If you have max crit resist, the 8k damage tooltip dizzyswing will still smack you for 6k-8k damage. It is what it is.

If you have max crit resist, your crit resist will also be useless against a Malacath user. Since Malacath damage is not reduced by crit resist. This is why some WW builds this patch have 0 penetration but can still smack you hard if they’re wearing Malacath.