The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS please allow the use of crown mimic stones for jewelry crafting.

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Just hate when I'm out of a material for JC and have to go back into town to buy the darn thing or get a drop on it. We can use mimic stones for other crafting types was just thinking last night it seems like an obvious fit for JC also.
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Crown mimic stones are only for styles.

Jewelry doesn’t have styles.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »
    Crown mimic stones are only for styles.

Jewelry doesn’t have styles.

True, but they could be used for the mats for the trait.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for furniture crafting.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, please for the love of god no. There's already way too many things in this game that allow people to avoid playing the game with crown items. At this point they could literally do away with 90% of the crafting materials and nobody would notice a difference.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mimic stones are for styles and jewelry doesn't have styles. It would make zero sense to have mimic stones mimic refined materials, but only for jewel crafting. That would add unnecessary confusion.

However, in order to save you some effort finding the appropriate level material, I suggest they add a new item to the store that will function the way you want it to for refined materials. I'll call it MimicMat. Each MimicMat will replace 1 refined material such as platinum ounces or even rubedite ingot. The cost per MimicMat will be 500 crowns each. You're welcome.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 26, 2021 6:45PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mimic stones are for styles and jewelry doesn't have styles. It would make zero sense to have mimic stones mimic refined materials, but only for jewel crafting. That would add unnecessary confusion.

However, in order to save you some effort finding the appropriate level material, I suggest they add a new item to the store that will function the way you want it to for refined materials. I'll call it MimicMat. Each MimicMat will replace 1 refined material such as platinum ounces or even rubedite ingot. The cost per MimicMat will be 500 crowns each. You're welcome.

Rofl thanks for the laugh. I never buy anything from the store. I just have a bunch of stones that I've collected over the years from free giveaways etc. Maybe I'll get some free MimicMats?