Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Attack Builds

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
You guys have builds doing 15-20k hits but felt the need to nerf heavy attack builds doing 4-5k hits. What kind of crack are you smoking over there?
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean 4-5k non-dodgeable aoe, free hits per second right? And if you are getting hit by 15-20k abilities you need to change your gear/build.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    You mean 4-5k non-dodgeable aoe, free hits per second right? And if you are getting hit by 15-20k abilities you need to change your gear/build.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Change my gear. LMAO. Even with proper pvp builds there are people out there still hitting for 15-20k. There are crystal shards and dizzy spammers hitting for consistent 8-10k. And its hilarious that they went after a build hitting for average of 4k and nerfed it down to an average of 2k.
    And to say it can't be mitigated is ridiculous when the terrible targeting of this game means all you need is a pet or another player to cross paths with. Or an obstacle to step behind for a quick sec.
  • d3ccy
    d3ccy
    Soul Shriven
    yeah seen magdks and necros hitting up to 26k with shock staff heavys - it’s dumb. that’s with major evasion up and pariah. 🥲
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    You guys have builds doing 15-20k hits but felt the need to nerf heavy attack builds doing 4-5k hits. What kind of crack are you smoking over there?

Who guys? Who felt the need? Which changes? Who are you talking to?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    slimwaffle wrote: »

Who guys? Who felt the need? Which changes? Who are you talking to?

My thoughts exactly...
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I mean....to get fully buffed up for those big heavies there is a fair amount of setup time involved and the buffs don't last super long. You need to already be in combat, you need to have your DK buff up for the extra 35%, you need to get a mag and a stam skill off if using the Undaunted sets, hit someone with a mages guild skill like entropy/etc for empowered, try to get them in your wall of elements and by then you might only get 5-6 seconds of full powered heavy attack channel before you have to start refreshing/resetting the buffs. All the while you're a squishy light armour toon, so you're prone to Nighblades, stam brawlers or any kind of real focused damage.

Yes they hurt people a bit when they hit 'em, but that's the point of making tradeoffs of being squishy in return. Some ideas to counter - use health alliance pots to get invis for 10s to get a good angle of attack or help close the gap for a stun. Counter siege them. Have your nighblades target them first. Have your bow ganks target them first. Have your brawlers gap close them and stun them. Once they're on the defensive they don't easily have the time to re-apply the necessary buffs to get the heavies supercharged anymore.

I think with the heavy armour penalties of increased magicka damage and light armour increased martial damage, part of the idea ZoS is going for is that builds like the heavy attackers are supposed to be something people contend with.

Edited by CaperGuy on June 23, 2021 1:56PM
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    d3ccy wrote: »
    yeah seen magdks and necros hitting up to 26k with shock staff heavys - it’s dumb. that’s with major evasion up and pariah. 🥲

Necros? HA builds were my goto sleepwalk through vMA build for a while. Necro was really lackluster at it.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attacks are fine

s6i5dFB.png

I have 30k resistances prior to buffed pariah btw.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

He is not the problem, you might just be out of touch with reality unless you go full potato some builds will nuke you no matter how much resistances or mitigation you have. Last night i literally bursted the emp for 47k in one second most of the damage came from combining light and heavvy into the rotation.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Heavy attacks are fine

s6i5dFB.png

That's in 3 ticks, so divide by 1.5s to get dps.

Did you go to the elemental blockade and caught concussion + off-balance?
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectre’s Eyes backbar

Tactical block

Detection Potion
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Heavy attacks are fine

s6i5dFB.png

That's in 3 ticks, so divide by 1.5s to get dps.

Did you go to the elemental blockade and caught concussion + off-balance?

No, there was no blockade. Just heavy attacks.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

He is not the problem, you might just be out of touch with reality unless you go full potato some builds will nuke you no matter how much resistances or mitigation you have. Last night i literally bursted the emp for 47k in one second most of the damage came from combining light and heavvy into the rotation.

Then their build is terrible. Kinda doubt you managed to actually hit for 47k in one second. Granted you could a pure gankblade/ganksorc and they weren't wearing any appropriate gear. Personally haven't been hit by that much since maybe even the good old crit stamsorcs of way back before major buffs.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To can reach ridiculous dmg numbers if you build for it. This is true for heavy attack builds too.
    The current most meta stamsorc build can literally 1 shot ppl who have less than 30k hp for example.
    Edited by Firstmep on June 24, 2021 7:41PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then their build is terrible. Kinda doubt you managed to actually hit for 47k in one second. Granted you could a pure gankblade/ganksorc and they weren't wearing any appropriate gear. Personally haven't been hit by that much since maybe even the good old crit stamsorcs of way back before major buffs.

All the buffs stacked on top of each other, you can do insane numbers. But that means you roll double undaunted sets + maelstrom destro, opponent stands in your barrage, he caught concussion+off-balance, you have both undaunted buffs up (casted both stam and mag skill recently), you are DK with molten armaments, you have empower buff up (which is 3s from all sources DK can get).

Yes, it can melt in those conditions. But no, not in "one second". But in 2 heavys is quite a realistic scenario, if opponent is health-potato without armors & shields & reductions.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All the buffs stacked on top of each other, you can do insane numbers. But that means you roll double undaunted sets + maelstrom destro, opponent stands in your barrage, he caught concussion+off-balance, you have both undaunted buffs up (casted both stam and mag skill recently), you are DK with molten armaments, you have empower buff up (which is 3s from all sources DK can get).

Yes, it can melt in those conditions. But no, not in "one second". But in 2 heavys is quite a realistic scenario, if opponent is health-potato without armors & shields & reductions.

It is quite a few GCD to set up. It used to be easier when the undaunted sets could be proc'd out of combat.

Much simpler now to a heavy attack proc damage build with vateshran, doylemish, deadlands assassin and sets like that where you are not buffing HA damage directly...