The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regeneration targeting

P4RM3S4N
P4RM3S4N
Can we please make regeneration target yourself before others? I stood in wayrest to test, I casted regen 40 times. It healed me zero times.
This is the only real HoT that most mag classes get, and I can't rely on it unless I'm solo.
I can't count the amount of BGs I've been in where I've been fighting multiple people, been around 50%, and I go to heal myself and regen targets a full health teammate 20 feet away, leaving me to die.
I've heard it suggested that one morph would be only for self and the other morph would be the healer morph, which would also be a fine solution.
Mag is already extremely underpowered in pvp compared to stam (I play multiple of both), plz let them heal.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My solution:

Radiating Regen: Stays the same, hits whomever it wants to, intended for group heals.

Rapid Regen: Self-heal a la Resounding Vigor.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood the intransigence some people have at making rapid regen a self-targeted HoT. If you're interested in group healing you're running radiating anyway, or if you're mag back barring resto to off-heal your group you're still running radiating so you can stack it with everyone else's.

Alternatively just add a self-target only mag HoT of similarish overall strength to vigor in the mages guild or psijic or support skill lines or something. Hell put it in the soul magic skill line even, nobody even cares about that one.

Mag already shines and massively outpaces stamina in PvP group-play (except for small-scale, generally speaking), but I don't think giving them a self-HoT would worsen that balance while also helping mag perform a bit better in solo play.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree to all 3 of you!

Radiating Regen for group heals and Rapid Regen as a self-heal would be my choice too.
    Edited by Zabagad on June 24, 2021 9:22AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any single target heal you can't control (like in Honor The Dead) is just clunky and isn't used specifically for this reason, even if the numbers are good.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make the unmorphed version self only. Boom! everyone wins!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solution:

Radiating Regen: Stays the same, hits whomever it wants to, intended for group heals.

This is exactly what it should be. A group member or a support player ought to puck Radiating since that has the most value for what they are trying to do. That leave Rapid Regen a niche skill that should be dedicated for solo.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solution:

This is exactly what it should be. A group member or a support player ought to puck Radiating since that has the most value for what they are trying to do. That leave Rapid Regen a niche skill that should be dedicated for solo.

The sad part is, they've already set up a skill in the Restro line to work similarly. Healing Ward targets anyone, and the other morph targets yourself and another person. They'd just need Rapid Regen to always target self plus one other person. And it would solve all the self heal problems with it and still make it useful for group play.