The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Would your character romance the companions?

SammyKhajit
SammyKhajit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Now that we have Bastian and Mirri, as well as knowledge of their likes and pet peeves, would your character be interested in a romantic relationship with either of them?
Edited by SammyKhajit on June 22, 2021 8:11PM

Would your character romance the companions? 267 votes

Yes
24% 65 votes
No
47% 127 votes
Maybe
9% 25 votes
Other (please give explanation)
4% 11 votes
Wait to see what new companions options are
14% 39 votes
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one sees Bastian as a pupil to be mentored and guided. Nothing romantic, especially not with his disdain for cheese.

Mirri is great as a young friend and comrade. She is fiercely loyal and has a wry humour. But again, feels a bit too young and not on equal footing in terms of age, experience etc.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on a sadist Argonian woman.
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is Makes Many Soups Argonian hardcore soup lady not enough??
    Options
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no point in romance options as long as the game doesn't support body physics. :wink: [snip]

Seriously though, romancing npcs sounds very awkward.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by Lephrel on June 22, 2021 6:10PM
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not the ones we have right now.
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am not looking to romance a npc. But that doesn't mean I don't want a companion a best friend for lack of a better term. As another poster said they so far seem a bit young to me but that's because I am old. :)
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian? My main likes him. As a friend.
    Fennorian, though...
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian and Mirri, no, but maybe future companions, if we could get more unique dialogue and insight to their personalities. Existing NPCs though, sure :#
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, until they bring out a breton/bosmer female vampire femme fatale I'm not interested.
    Edited by Thannazzar on June 22, 2021 12:06PM
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it unlock another special permanent ability?
    PC NA
    Options
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course! Bastian is such a prince 💖💖💖
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. This is ESO. In this game "romancing" your companion will involve entirely the wrong sort of grind.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. This is ESO. In this game "romancing" your companion will involve entirely the wrong sort of grind.

I see what you did there hahaha
    Options
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the ones we have now, Bastian is too straight laced and Miri seems a bit needy and child like. With either of these it wouldn't work for me lol.

BUT...Not sure, depending on how it's done I guess, but feels a bit creepy. Right now they just seem like little kids following me around that I have to not only clothe but listen to them complaining when I do something they don't like.

I'd like to see the companions adapt to US in some ways... "Oh, I never tried fishing, looks like fun", have them suggest activities - "Let's go farming"... or something. Maybe some quests outside of getting them as house guests. Put together a picnic, have them give us gifts based on what they've done with us... a gold mat now and then when we've farmed a lot, a furnishing or plan when we've decorated a lot.. anyway you get the idea.

They would have to be more relatable for me to consider it.

PS: If you do all this AND give me Verandis then it's a YES :D
    Edited by Inaya on June 22, 2021 12:25PM
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No that's a bit weird.
    Options
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    I voted maybe because I'm not sure about how good will be future companions. For me Mirri seems interresting, but more like a friend. She's not hot or cute enough as for my taste.
    Edited by Orion_89 on June 22, 2021 12:25PM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is Makes Many Soups Argonian hardcore soup lady not enough??

Veesk-Olan made her sound like a fun diversion, but that's about it.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have a gamer wife. :D
    Options
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yes... Bastian is my best friend in game and I couldn't imagine being without him now.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think any of my characters would find the ones we have now attractive. It's possible a future companion might be a good fit for some of them, but it won't bother me if we don't have that option.

One of my main characters is one I use in most western RPGs and I think she has terrible taste in men but she's the most likely to find a suitable romance option among companions. But it needs to be a human man who is a bit less...well, Bastian.

Some of the others might be open to the idea if the right person came into their lives, but I'm not sure who that would be and I think two of them wouldn't want anything long-term and I doubt ZOS would accommodate short term relationships with companions.

Two are older and I think both would say that time in their lives has passed, at most they'd be looking for some company at home, so more of a house guest than a companion.

And one of them...frankly I don't want to know what sort of person he would find attractive or what they'd get up with together.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not hot enough, in fact, they are not hot at all. My real life companion is way better looking, i settle for him <3
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make these to romanceable Companions and then we can talk.:
    - Khamira
    - Fennorian
    - Xukas
    - Valsirenn
    - Alwinarwe
    - Razum-dar
    - Varuni Arvel
    - Naryu Virian
    - Quen
    - Eveli
    - Drake-of-Blades

Edited by WeerW3ir on June 23, 2021 12:01AM
    Options
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do they have a lonelyfans? :tongue:

In all seriousness though, if done well this could be good and well liked by the community that like companions without feeling "awkward"

A quick example being a companion that likes adventuring, dungeon-delving, or some other player activity; it has to be a few things. Similar to the rapport system already implemented, said companion can grow "fond" of you the more you do the various things related to their romancing likes

But! With a caveat. Do the same things over-and-over and you're a boring suitor, but with variance you become more "fun and eligible" to be around which opens more dialogue options. Nothing pervy mind you, just more of the things people who are close would say: "I love adventuring here with you!" "I'm so glad we were able to kill that boss together" and other similar lines that give actual feeling to the companion and your characters relationship

Emotes from the companion like clapping, cheering, and the like at key moments would really help too
    Edited by DaiKahn on June 22, 2021 2:11PM
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been my sort of thing, not going to change.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only if I get a handsome high elf sorc <3
    Options
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    If Aela the Huntress were brought in...she was my favorite in Skyrim. With Bastian and Mirri, no, but it could be interesting to have a bit of flirtation with other companions given the right companion. Not something I'd exactly look forward to as being added to the game, but it could be done in an interesting way as DaiKahn mentioned. Just don't bring in kids. The couple times over the last few years I went back and signed into Skyrim, the kids immediately asked what I brought them. Don't need that dialogue popping up daily in ESO. Would be like little Stugas. lol
    Options
  • TacoMasters(PS4)
    TacoMasters(PS4)
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. I don't really like romance in video games.
    PS4 NA | Vet 2 | Reguard Dragonknight | Tacomasters
    Options
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be genitalia on sale in the Crown store? :D Seriously tho, this isn't Second Life.
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dithieon wrote: »
    Will there be genitalia on sale in the Crown store? :D Seriously tho, this isn't Second Life.

I am pretty sure if there was a romance option it would be sexless like in Skyrim.
    Options
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Idunno, I like Bastian but I see him currently as more of a BFF, my character is also a little too grey leaning for him, but we'll see depending on what type of content they get in the future.
    Options