The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templar skills too bright after Blackwood update

Drayza
Drayza
✭✭✭
Hello fellow adventurers,

It used to be OK before Blackwood came, but after some of the updates my templar healer is barely playable.
All main skills (shards, ritual, orb..) are insanely bright to the point I am not able to see anything during a fight and my eyes hurt.
Especially Cleansing titual is like turning lights on.
I tried to adjust settings, but there is not much options, even on the worst setting I just superbright pixels.
My PC should not be the issue - my GPU is NVIDIA GE Force RTX2080 SUPER and all runs on max quite smoothly.

Do you also have this or do you know what to do to fix this? I would appreciate any suggestions.

The picture from AA says it all :s

MvY8sYs.png

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the buffs Templar deserves, not the ones it needs right now.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drayza wrote: »

It used to be OK before Blackwood came, but after some of the updates my templar healer is barely playable.
    All main skills (shards, ritual, orb..) are insanely bright to the point I am not able to see anything during a fight and my eyes hurt.
    I tried to adjust settings, but there is not much options, even on the worst setting I just superbright pixels.
    My PC should not be the issue - my GPU is NVIDIA GE Force RTX2080 SUPER and all runs on max quite smoothly.

Do you also have this or do you know what to do to fix this? I would appreciate any suggestions.

MvY8sYs.png

I think this might be an issue on your end actually.

I see no change in the brightness of my templars skills.

Maybe have a look around in the video options see if anything helps.
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    You took a screenshot from the brightest thing in the game -_-
    uwu
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a Templar and I never see anything like that. Might want to check your video settings.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're utilizing the power of Stendarr's divine might. Might want to bring some shades to the battle if your mortal eyes cannot handle it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Drayza
    Drayza
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

MvY8sYs.png

The issue is the same on my husband's PC though. We tried all possible settings from lowest to max - nothing had any effect on the "shiny parts".

I also noticed that when the ritual is cast on people it goes nuts (more then when I am alone).

gR4wALx.png

kR0pQiW.png
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a Templar and I never see anything like that.

^
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like no way to solve this because of "I don't have it so no problem exists" but I do have this issue too and it's annoying. I haven't changed anything in settings. What's more weird is that it happens randomly, sometimes in dungeon it's fine, other times it's way too bright. I just reloadui or relog completely. Guess I need to live with it, like with eternal amount of other bugs present in game.
    Stendarr have mercy.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »
    Looks like no way to solve this because of "I don't have it so no problem exists" but I do have this issue too and it's annoying. I haven't changed anything in settings. What's more weird is that it happens randomly, sometimes in dungeon it's fine, other times it's way too bright. I just reloadui or relog completely. Guess I need to live with it, like with eternal amount of other bugs present in game.
    Stendarr have mercy.

Maybe try posting in the Bug Reports forum
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported it as a bug. It seems to be specifically cleansing ritual and morphs, and gets progressively brighter the more people stand in it.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blinding flashes got added back to the game and it didn't make the patch notes. This time, it affects the player, not the character.

It's 2014 again, boys.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its annoying yea.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed this on trials, an example in vCR the extended ritual so bright that it's impossible to see the flare mechanics on the ground.

Edit: I can confirm the brightness seems to be dependent on how many character are in the ritual when it casted. I've tested it on Alik dolmens, when it's casted while lot's of people there it's really bright, when it's casted after people left for the next dolmen it's normal.

Same with Vivec City bank ritual with only me in it vs ritual with lots of people in it:
    4VqH7bw.png
    tyTBiTi.png
    Edited by vgabor on June 18, 2021 2:50AM
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This can give you seizure. Not good. Must be fixed.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, ZOS please set the lights back to pre-Blackwood.
    Nobody had a problem in this area before, now we do.
  • Drayza
    Drayza
    ✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    I also noticed this on trials, an example in vCR the extended ritual so bright that it's impossible to see the flare mechanics on the ground.

Edit: I can confirm the brightness seems to be dependent on how many character are in the ritual when it casted. I've tested it on Alik dolmens, when it's casted while lot's of people there it's really bright, when it's casted after people left for the next dolmen it's normal.

Same with Vivec City bank ritual with only me in it vs ritual with lots of people in it:
    4VqH7bw.png
    tyTBiTi.png

Omg I am so glad I am not the only one I thought I was going insane. I do not wish this upon anyone though as in trials this is a blinding hell (especially with two templar healers).
  • CrimsonGTX
    CrimsonGTX
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this as-well when I got on my Templar, the ritual skill was definitely brighter than I remember.
    Sorc & Warden Main - PC NA(CP 1k+) & Xbox NA (CP 1k+)
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. Best put on sunglasses while playing lol!
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need a Nightblade with Consuming Darkness slotted and stacked ult gen sets, traits and skills.

In all serious though, it looks like what's happening is that the light sources and/or screenspace reflections are getting stacked with more models, resulting in an additive effective on the overall brightness. It might be useful to do test with the gamma at 25% or lower and see how much brighter multiple characters make the screen.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

MvY8sYs.png

The issue is the same on my husband's PC though. We tried all possible settings from lowest to max - nothing had any effect on the "shiny parts".

I also noticed that when the ritual is cast on people it goes nuts (more then when I am alone).

gR4wALx.png

kR0pQiW.png

Ah! THAT'S what it is! I played an Asylum sanctorium trial last week with my guild. First time I hit my rituial I was like "Aargh my eyes!" The others didn't have a problem and neither did the other healer, a warden.

The rest of the week it was almost normal, only slightly brighter than usual. We did AS again this week and it was arc-eyes again. This time the other healer was a templar, and they were also complaining. We thought it was the trial but Cloud rest was just as bad.

Reading your comment though, I wonder if it is brighter when being cast with grouped members and gets worse, the bigger the group. Although it is a bit brighter in dungeons, the trials are the only time it's that overwhelmingly bright.
  • coonie20
    coonie20
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue after blackwood patch! And yes it really hurts my eyes too sometimes, don‘t think that this is fun at all. :/
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main stamplar and also have a magplar...I don't have this issue. What I can say is that I'm glad I do not, because it looks very bright. I am also laughing pretty hard about this
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Sookmagook
    Sookmagook
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like your standing on the surface of sun when casting ritual. It's horrible...you can see nothing else so rip if there is any incoming avoidable damage.
    PSN Sookmagook NA PS5/PC
    GM of New Scrolls Order
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, it's so bright I'm considering removing it from my bar in trials, stack some other skills on top and I almost only see a white screen.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The light is quite litterally, blinding.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the “Screen Space GI” ambient occlusion, maybe?
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Used extended ritual at one of the dolmens in Alik'r today and the above happened.

IHQTdBg.jpg

Edited by phairdon on June 19, 2021 2:22AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Drayza
    Drayza
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I sent a bug report in hopes this gets acknowledged. It is all we can do I guess. For now I will have to swap it out for trials as it does more wrong than good :( .
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Please let us know, because im also having the same issue with my magplar.
  • Dagre2
    Dagre2
    ✭✭✭
    you've all updated your gpu drivers lately?

i don't get this issue, only setting i see that's different is screen space GI. doesn't mean anything, just the only thing different.