The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Got scammed 900k & have video to prove it

GoingUpInFlamez
I made a ticket & haven't gotten an update.

My ticket is Ticket # : 210605-005476 & here is the video [snip]

I display the chat that lead up to the video at 0:44 as well.

[Video Removed for Naming and Shaming]
Edited by Psiion on June 7, 2021 12:29AM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From other players I have heard of who were scammed it takes ages (weeks to months) for support to investigate and, if it's the first time scammed they'll refund the lost gold with a caveat emptor warning. They won't tell you anything about the results of any action they may take, though.

Incidentally, you should probably take down the video as it probably violates naming & shaming rules.

Also with an @name like the player had, meeting in the middle of nowhere, well, you know......surprised there wasn't a band of brigands there, too, and your character wasn't stripped bare, tied to a tree with his nethers painted luminous green and a banana shoved sideways into his mouth to give him an 'Aldmeri smile'. :p

Hope you get it sorted, though, and gold returned. :)

edit:typo
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on June 6, 2021 7:55PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Report their user name to World Crown Exchange discord, and send them the video.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GoingUpInFlamez

Please check your forum inbox as I've sent you a PM regarding your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GoingUpInFlamez
    Update: I closed my ticket as I managed to earn my gold through nBRP runs. So i'm not worried about my gold and will be more careful when trading other players gold for crown
    Edited by GoingUpInFlamez on June 13, 2021 8:23AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few things I'd like to say:

Zos doesn't officially support gold to crown trading, but it's also not against the rules.
    With that in mind, please understand that they have no obligation to punish the scammer or to refund you your gold.
    They might do the latter, because you are a customer and they want to keep you happy.
    For the record I don't condone the actions of those who scam on these trades, it's really not hard to make gold in this game.
    I will say, however that there are organized groups out there mediating crown to gold trades, typically via discord servers, and while the rates are nowhere near as generous, as you would get from trading with a rando guy from the streets of Rawl'kha, you are at least protected from getting scammed.
    Few minutes of googling and you will find most of these groups, and I highly recommend you make use of them.
    Just avoid gold for real cash type of sites, of xD.
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I closed my ticket as I managed to earn my gold through nBRP runs. So i'm not worried about my gold and will be more careful when trading other players gold for crown

Lol what u made that much in nbrp?

Edit: oh carries I guess still try and get your gold lol I sure was never able to get a refund of gold lost due to scammers.
    Edited by xv1_me on June 21, 2021 1:32PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has closed out of there ticket this thread will now be closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.