The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, you need to reach out to one of your employees on the Antiquities team.

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
Between stuff like the Ancestral Reach/Akaviri motifs, the Shadowfen Bead debacle, and locking leads behind stuff like Dragonstar Arena; [snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 13, 2021 12:25PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree so much. And there were signs of this last patch. You mentioned ancestral reach but the pet was also a nightmare. 7 leads all from one location and one type of ad.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait a minute. So you're saying that you're not interested in farming for hours hoping for a treasure map to drop for the right zone, in the hopes that said treasure map will drop a lead, and then in the hopes that said lead will not be a duplicate lead? Thus far I've dug up countless treasure maps, and have completed 8 of the 14 leads for the Ancestral Reach style. I told myself that if I got one more dagger lead, that I was done, and guess what... I got another dagger lead. Since day 1, I've pulled maybe 2-3 of the appropriate treasure maps, and otherwise have had to rely on purchasing from guild traders because I can't be bothered to farm Harrowstorms like it's my job and hoping I'll get treasure maps. At this point though, people are listing the maps for 20K-60K each, and that's just not happening. I mean seriously, who doesn't like an aspect of the game that relies on RNG, coupled with a secondary dose of RNG, followed by a chaser or RNG. Horribly thought out and not worth my time.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hard one of the parts for a mythic item, the shapeshifter chain, doesn't drop either so it is incomplete. Maybe the antiquities for this expansion were rushed.
    Options
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What lead drops from Dragonstar Arena?
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The antiquity system was designed to get players to go back to a variety of older content along with the new content. Of course there is going to be a variety of content where leads can be found. Shadowfen was a debacle because players made it so.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Supertonicbaker
    Supertonicbaker
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    The antiquity system was designed to get players to go back to a variety of older content along with the new content. Of course there is going to be a variety of content where leads can be found. Shadowfen was a debacle because players made it so.

There’s a difference between getting players to revisit old content and getting players to hate, not only the content, but also the area/zone/trial and even mentioning it’s name.
    Options
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭

There’s a difference between getting players to revisit old content and getting players to hate, not only the content, but also the area/zone/trial and even mentioning it’s name.

Bad Man's Hollows

Good lord am I tired of Blackheart Haven.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, and would add that most rewards which drop based on RNG aren't designed to be obtained right away, the way that most players want them to be. The idea is that they give you a reason to keep playing the game and that it should take you a while to obtain things.

This goes for the single-player games, too. For instance, if you're into buying every available player house, then be prepared to spend a lot of time grinding for the gold needed to buy the houses and furnish them, including any quests to satisfy all of the prerequisites for buying a particular house. If it was intended that you should be able to just buy all of the houses toot sweet, the houses wouldn't have any prerequisites for ownership and wouldn't cost so much to buy and furnish.

Similarly, if it were intended that you could just acquire a particular mythic antiquity, it wouldn't be broken up into fragments where each fragment's lead is potentially so difficult to get.

It's funny how some players will race through a new chapter's or DLC's content in a matter of hours (or, at least, claim to), then complain that they were able to do so. But give them something that's designed to take, on average, much longer than a few hours to obtain, and they compkain that they can't obtain it fast enough. Go figure.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    oh this isnt about the wriggly thing you find in a box that sends mirri into a berserker rage rofl stomping world bosses better than jabplars ever could<_<

shouldnt the complaint be having to go to imp city for the 2 mythic leads?(everything meh compared to those 2)
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenryuta wrote: »
    shouldnt the complaint be having to go to imp city for the 2 mythic leads?(everything meh compared to those 2)

Hell naw. Giving people a reason to go to IC should never be frowned upon.
    Options
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the leads should just be handed to you. But I do think they should tweak some stuff to make it better. I was lucky in shadowfen getting the lead for the kilt after only being there for 30 mins but only farming 4 nodes for it. There definitely was not a lot of nodes. For example if they are going to hide the leads behind farming nodes, they need to increase the spawn time for those in that area. Stuff like this.

Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The suggestion that this is designed to get players to go back to other areas of the game makes sense. I have seen other MMORPGs do similar with other things they added to the game. Granted, bad RNG makes the grind for some of these leads a little much.
    Options
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree. I like you have to actually work for things, if you actually want them

A massive problem it seems is that most people want everything right now. No, not right now, that's too slow, RIGHT NOW

Considering websites put up articles ASAP like:
    • "Get Mythics super quick!"
    • "Level super fast, faster than ever before!"
    • "Be the super-bestest at everything RIGHT NAO!"
    • et al
    which takes any real effort out of the player, are you surprised ZoS is trying to slow people down? Especially for some items that are apparently so good they render other items [monster sets] "useless"?

People also avoid some places (PvP, arenas) so mayhaps ZoS is trying to entice players to seek these places out cause, you know, they might actually like them
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but hard disagree.

They released the new BIS pve dps item and expect people not to try and get it asap?

And even then there is 0 reason to put inside shared nodes.
    This was an issue in Markarth too, and frankly even in Greymoor.
    They are fully responsible for creating another contentious and toxic situation, period.

They could've made these leads more rare, but put them in places where people don't have to compete with one another in a freaking pve zone.

This a video game, not a job.
    These leads should've had their own quest lines to achieve, or you know anything that's more fun than sitting in front of flowers for 20h straight and yelling at strangers not to touch said flowers.
    How anyone can defend the devs on this one is truly mind boggling to me.

And before any forum mods get too excited, I'm not hurdling any insults at any devs, this is just plain criticism.
    Edited by Firstmep on June 12, 2021 6:40AM
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it's sending you to kill world bosses, or Publix dungeons, or delves, it's whatever.

Dubgeona can be a bit annoying. Almost all can be soloed on normal so it's not a huge deal

Dragonstar arena though. Yes, you can solo, but it's so long on even on normal. A good 40 minutes. Doing braindead easy content with nothing else rewarding for most players, and you might not even get it. I don't even think I can bring myself to start this BS. I've done mazzatub like 12 times with no lead, doing d star 12 times with no lead makes me just not want to bother.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bad Man's Hollows

Good lord am I tired of Blackheart Haven.

I made a topic about that lead and quit eso to play warframe for quite a while after.
    Options
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    ...Dragonstar arena though. Yes, you can solo, but it's so long on even on normal. A good 40 minutes...

can you, though? how do you get past the graveyard arena? 'cause when you go down and there's no one alive on the top the arena resets. how do you get past that mechanic? i'm just curious..
    Options
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I freakink hate they lock lead behind non solo group content.. Was Antiquities designed to be a solo thing ppl do to pass time with. ?
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just going to straight up quote myself from almost a year ago on this one:
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    They could have made leads deep and interesting.

They could have tied to researching ruins or archaeology on site, or talking to specific npcs, or reading texts and piecing together the information there... in short.. they could have made getting leads actually interesting.

What do we get instead? RNG. Again.

The current system for getting leads could have been so much more than the obvious RNG based time-waster that we received.

It is a shame, because the items themselves (and especially the antiquarian insight on them) has some really nice moments.

I can only hope that ZOS take another look at this at some point. Sooner rather than later would be good!

ZOS didn't take another look at the lead system. They doubled down on it. That, for me, is very sad.
    Options
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiKahn wrote: »
    Disagree. I like you have to actually work for things, if you actually want them

A massive problem it seems is that most people want everything right now. No, not right now, that's too slow, RIGHT NOW

Considering websites put up articles ASAP like:
    • "Get Mythics super quick!"
    • "Level super fast, faster than ever before!"
    • "Be the super-bestest at everything RIGHT NAO!"
    • et al
    which takes any real effort out of the player, are you surprised ZoS is trying to slow people down? Especially for some items that are apparently so good they render other items [monster sets] "useless"?

People also avoid some places (PvP, arenas) so mayhaps ZoS is trying to entice players to seek these places out cause, you know, they might actually like them

Doesn't matter if it's immediately or not, the crappy drop chance means you could be doing this a year from now and still have it take just as long. I just did the fishing lead for thrassians a few days ago and there was barely anyone there compared to day one, and it still took hours of fishing without tons of people flooding the fishing spots. Imagine defending this kind of practice. Do you expect people to pick one single node, not get a lead, and say "oh well, i'll try again tomorrow?" And then repeat this once a day until they finally get the lead 3 years from now? I'm sure more people would care if more roleplaying and housing was gated behind this type of stuff.
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on June 12, 2021 7:37AM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with that. The grind in summary get way too bad.

I did whitegoldtower for the last 50 runs without any new weapons (still miss 6 of them).
    Once upon a time we were looking for a BSW fire stuff. Some for years.
    Now we look for 12 weapons.
    Times 3 (sets each dungeon)!!!
    Times 44 (dungeons)!!!!!!

Spent hours on looking for waterplants. Completing index later? No way. Would rather throw my pc out of the window.

RNG-dropped Motif-Parts from rng-dropped leads from rng-dropped treasure maps? AGAIN??

Come on... really?

You try to keep players busy, i get that. But you pushed it too much. For quite some time now. If the carrot is so small at the horizont that you can hardly see it any more... its no fun to hunt it, so people will stop (at least i did).
    :(
    Options
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if it's immediately or not, the crappy drop chance means you could be doing this a year from now and still have it take just as long.
    True, but you could also get it straight away (just have a look at some of the threads here). Drop chance is drop chance; RNG has a habit of being like this, especially when you really want something and it appears others get it so easy (sometimes). Whilst I believe companies do weight RNG a certain way, I understand why they do it and why it's also annoying to a lot of people
    Imagine defending this kind of practice.
    I'm not "defending this kind of practice", I just have different thoughts and opinions to you. Plus, I was throwing out thoughts and possibilities for people to think about because this forum gets so hyper-focused on negativity that sometimes it's good to break that up with some non-negative thoughts/view/opinions and sometimes, reasonings
    Do you expect people to pick one single node, not get a lead, and say "oh well, i'll try again tomorrow?" And then repeat this once a day until they finally get the lead 3 years from now?
    I don't expect anything because expectations lead to disappointment. For me, yes, if I didn't get it today, I will try again tomorrow; I'm in no hurry as this is a long-term game for me. I also spice it up by doing other things in-game instead of being so hyper-focused on one thing that it agitates me because I'm only doing that one thing and not getting satisfaction

You're also being a tad melodramatic (lack of a better word, no offence intended) because this annoys you and appears to be a bone of contention; I get that and understand your points. It just doesn't affect me like it does you. I don't get bored with anything in-game or IRL, ever, so grind means nothing to me (I also play Warframe and that game is the absolute King of grind AND horrible "anti-gamer" RNG)

EDIT: spelling
    Edited by DaiKahn on June 14, 2021 10:13AM
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
    Options
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    most rewards which drop based on RNG aren't designed to be obtained right away

Three weeks of concentrating my playing time in Bad Man's Hallows to get the Pale order lead was a bit much.
    Complete daily boss runs of areas where everyone else in the group gets a lead, except me, is a bit much.

There is a reason I don't buy crown crates: RNG and I just don't get along.
    When RNG is involved, I may as well give up before I start.

I remember back in Guild Wars days, a friend took me to to a fabulous farming route for some crafting material, I forget what. He got 300. I got two.

Nothing has changed. I do have to wonder if there is some hidden code in my username that suppresses drops.

Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Sorry but hard disagree.

They released the new BIS pve dps item and expect people not to try and get it asap?

They are fully responsible for creating another contentious and toxic situation, period.

They could've made these leads more rare, but put them in places where people don't have to compete with one another in a freaking pve zone.

These leads should've had their own quest lines to achieve, or you know anything that's more fun than sitting in front of flowers for 20h straight and yelling at strangers not to touch said flowers.

And before any forum mods get too excited, I'm not hurdling any insults at any devs, this is just plain criticism.

You are correct. This is a game and not a job. It is on you if you decide to treat it like work by grinding. People get in a rush and want everything right now. Some are complaining about leads not coming quick enough. Some are complaining about motifs not coming fast enough. Some are complaining about how long it takes to get the fishing achievement. Players wanting instant gratification isn't a game flaw.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real missed opportunity ZOS made to encourage players to "return to old content" was not putting a lead in Arx Corinium... XD

But seriosly, if you want to make a lead obtainable from one & one only source, especially involving things like killing boss. Bigger than usual. In pvp area fulled with people without any form of courtesy or honour who would attack you from behind just to feel important and touch themselves, you should have RNG at least at 100%.

Normal bosses could have 50% - two trips is enough.

But if you want to keep on 1%, leads should drop from many sources, because no one in the right mind would repeat the same action hundred times & be happy about that - look at Shadowfen, if instead of freaking nodes, lead would drop also from things like chests, bosses, mobs or QUESTS or bookshelfs, situation would not be so dramatic.

Not mentioning introduction things like lead drop to ALL group members.
    Edited by Ippokrates on June 12, 2021 9:20AM
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry but hard disagree.

You are correct. This is a game and not a job. It is on you if you decide to treat it like work by grinding. People get in a rush and want everything right now. Some are complaining about leads not coming quick enough. Some are complaining about motifs not coming fast enough. Some are complaining about how long it takes to get the fishing achievement. Players wanting instant gratification isn't a game flaw.

Player impatience isn't a game flaw.

ZOS taking the least inspired, integrated, or immersive approach to lead production (RNG on drop) is.
    Options
  • Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    I heard its tthe same person who used to work on the loot tables for City of ash and arx corinium.
    Options
  • Supertonicbaker
    Supertonicbaker
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but hard disagree.

ZOS taking the least inspired, integrated, or immersive approach to lead production (RNG on drop) is.

This. It would have been great if they worked antiquities differently, like, you kill a random mob and in that Blackguard Marauder, you found a note that says: “Spoke to someone who claimed there could be something worth its weight in gold stashed in Arx Corinium. Before gutting them, said something about a giant lizard? That’s on your end -Ugglog”. And then, when you go, you fight that giant electrolizard and he drops nothing! But wait…. There’s an odd shaped mound near the waterfalls. What’s this? A lead that you didn’t have to farm 3 years for!! And this is just a basic one, maybe you could have mythics be a puzzle from Rajhin after “stealing” your lead. Idk, actually use the game’s world than just saying “Ehh…. Let’s just make it nearly impossible to find and move on.”
    Options
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but hard disagree.

This. It would have been great if they worked antiquities differently, like, you kill a random mob and in that Blackguard Marauder, you found a note that says: “Spoke to someone who claimed there could be something worth its weight in gold stashed in Arx Corinium. Before gutting them, said something about a giant lizard? That’s on your end -Ugglog”. And then, when you go, you fight that giant electrolizard and he drops nothing! But wait…. There’s an odd shaped mound near the waterfalls. What’s this? A lead that you didn’t have to farm 3 years for!! And this is just a basic one, maybe you could have mythics be a puzzle from Rajhin after “stealing” your lead. Idk, actually use the game’s world than just saying “Ehh…. Let’s just make it nearly impossible to find and move on.”

Yeah, and it is funny cause you have quests like this in ESO - One in Stros M'Kai, second in Blackwood. Also there are surveys - some of them work in the same way.

Who knows, maybe some level or random generation of such letters or at least collection of few templates, would be so much better then leads we have now.
    Edited by Ippokrates on June 12, 2021 10:10AM
    Options