The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Console Enhanced Launch Date Update"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "ESO: Console Enhanced Launch Date Update"

The Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced will now launch June 15.
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on July 28, 2021 1:55PM
Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'(
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it’s just one week. More importantly, will they fix the broken inventory and craft bag scrolling, having to use “work arounds” to list items in the guild store, etc. It’s been over a month now, and will supposedly get fixed with the update (6+ weeks later). To me, that is the pressing issue.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good call! The last thing we need is another situation where things get borked for whatever reason, and the folks who have to work behind the scenes to fix it are too overwhelmed to handle it all at once.

Staggering important rollouts is a smart move. A bit of a bummer for folks that were hotly anticipating the launch, but thanks for letting us know about the delay ahead of time!

Thanks for the update on this, @ZOS_SarahHecker ! And thanks to whoever all was involved in making this decision on the backend! Most of us would rather wait a week and have things go smoothly than get a super rocky start with things coming out "on time".
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. I’ve been forming a thread in my mind about the risk of launching everything within a week. I would have pushed the Xbox One/PS4 aunch back to June 15 and the next gen update back to early July myself. I’m an Xbox Series X player.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    I mean, it’s just one week. More importantly, will they fix the broken inventory and craft bag scrolling, having to use “work arounds” to list items in the guild store, etc. It’s been over a month now, and will supposedly get fixed with the update (6+ weeks later). To me, that is the pressing issue.

I thought they were going to fix the broken inventory with the Blackwood release? I'm guessing, since Blackwood was pushed back another week, this means consoles will have to wait another week before inventory is fixed. But I might be wrong.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I thought they were going to fix the broken inventory with the Blackwood release? I'm guessing, since Blackwood was pushed back another week, this means consoles will have to wait another week before inventory is fixed. But I might be wrong.

Just to clear this up: the bug fixes are going in with Update 30 on June 8th. Console Enhanced moving to June 15 will not impact this.
    Staff Post
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now to find an elusive mythical ps5...
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So one week to experience the game in PS4/Xbox Backwards Compatibility and then a chance to compare the changes in the new zone directly.

I’m cool with that. Allows for a direct comparison of the changes with the most up to date content rather than trying to compare base game Mournhold’s older assets with the same in higher resolution (but less “Dragons! In your own homeland?!”).
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! They are on back order at the places I shop.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Duct tape two PS4's together and call it a PS8. :wink:

Just to clear this up: the bug fixes are going in with Update 30 on June 8th. Console Enhanced moving to June 15 will not impact this.

Not to be overly critical... but... are you sure 1 week is enough? Maybe take 2 weeks so that you can get fixes in place for Blackwood and roll them out at the same time as the next gen console?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Duct tape two PS4's together and call it a PS8. :wink:

I can make a Playtendo Genesis 7, but no 8.
      Edit: scratch that, I can throw a ps1 into the mix Playtendo² Genesis 8
      Edited by Nord_Raseri on May 25, 2021 6:27PM
      Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    • Ishtarknows
      Ishtarknows
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the bug fixes address the invisible adds in trials for those using xbox one?
    • Wolf_Eye
      Wolf_Eye
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the clarification! <3
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I was wondering, how do you get the PS5 update if you get the console much later?

Is it just part of the update that I will download onto my PS4 but not be able to make use of yet?
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was wondering, how do you get the PS5 update if you get the console much later?

Is it just part of the update that I will download onto my PS4 but not be able to make use of yet?

I expect that when you install ESO on a new PS5 or XBox Series that you will simply get the enhanced version.
    • MurderMostFoul
      MurderMostFoul
      ✭✭✭✭✭

The enhanced version will not installed on prior gen consoles. It will just be the only version of the game on new consoles.
      “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    • Ezorus
      Ezorus
      ✭✭✭
      Not happy, was looking more forward to this THAN the next chapter! Maybe if we didn't constantly get the middle child treatment and had the update this week along with PC players. They keep using the excuse of certification but we always knew this is what they have done the whole time (every other game has simultaneous cross platform updates)
      Edited by Ezorus on May 27, 2021 7:58AM
    • trackdemon5512
      trackdemon5512
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ezorus wrote: »
      Not happy, was looking more forward to this THAN the next chapter! Maybe if we didn't constantly get the middle child treatment and had the update this week along with PC players. They keep using the excuse of certification but we always knew this is what they have done the whole time (every other game has simultaneous cross platform updates)

1) It’s a delay of one week for an admittedly smaller segment of the ESO population.

2) Only the graphical enhancements are delayed a week. Blackwood still drops June 8th so everyone is getting new content at the same time.

3) Certification isn’t an excuse. It’s real, it’s time intensive, and it costs money. You don’t get to just issue patch after patch on console like PC. The console manufacturers make you pay and the only time immediate patches are really done is if they break fundamental aspects of a game to where it can’t be played.
    • KeySmasher
      KeySmasher
      Soul Shriven
      Will the Next Gen improvements for Console Advanced be an update for PC users as well? The latest market for RTX 30 Series cards will have a lot of players upset if only consoles got to see the difference.
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I expect that when you install ESO on a new PS5 or XBox Series that you will simply get the enhanced version.

Well, that could mean that the PS5 upgrades are already in the patch I previously got on PS4. It could also mean that a separate upgrade file is necessary for PS5.

I just want to make sure that there isn’t any window of time associated with this next-gen update that might be missed since I cannot find a PS5 to purchase right now.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sju
      Sju
      ✭✭✭✭

Well, that could mean that the PS5 upgrades are already in the patch I previously got on PS4. It could also mean that a separate upgrade file is necessary for PS5.

I just want to make sure that there isn’t any window of time associated with this next-gen update that might be missed since I cannot find a PS5 to purchase right now.

No other games have a window to download their ps5 versions. I doubt ESO will.
    • RNGeeze
      RNGeeze
      ✭✭✭

Also about the enhanced edition it’s not some bits of the game that get updated solely for ps5 and are left unused for last gen it’s a separate build/download of the game. It’s not something you take some of what you want it’s all or nothing. It’ll be the standard version of eso on ps5 since there’ll be no need to play the old one in back compat mode so it’s not going anywhere.
    • Al_Ly0910
      Al_Ly0910
      Soul Shriven

Also, how much extra space would this require? Just wondering, since the update might just be sitting there and of no use to me as I am still on the PS4
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Al_Ly0910 wrote: »

Also, how much extra space would this require? Just wondering, since the update might just be sitting there and of no use to me as I am still on the PS4

It will be interesting to see how ZOS/XBox/PlayStation are doing this. Details are scant, even when less than a week out. This is one of those "trust us, we won't screw it up" scenarios that make me nervous like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :smile:

• ZOS_SarahHecker
      ZOS_SarahHecker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Al_Ly0910 wrote: »

Hey there! Since you are on PS4 you won't have to download or use storage space for anything when the Console Enhanced upgrade is released.
      Staff Post
    • msetten
      msetten
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_SarahHecker And when you're on PS5 like me, how will this work? Will I have to go to the PS store to "purchase" it? Or will the system automatically detect there is an updated version like with normal updates?
      Edited by msetten on June 11, 2021 3:58PM
    • GoldenHero3422
      Will Xbox one have to have the update?
      GoldenHero3422 (XBX) | @AgaTheFox (PC)
      GUILDMASTER: Kazzy's Kolors (XBX) | Discord: https://discord.com/invite/upZrWNYCGT

North American Servers
    • GoldenHero3422
      msetten wrote: »
      @ZOS_SarahHecker And when you're on PS5 like me, how will this work? Will I have to go to the PS store to "purchase" it? Or will the system automatically detect there is an updated version like with normal updates?

I think, based on my knowledge about how this works, it will automatically install then tell you that you need to update the game. Console enhanced is, after all, a free update.
      GUILDMASTER: Kazzy's Kolors (XBX) | Discord: https://discord.com/invite/upZrWNYCGT

North American Servers
    • GoldenHero3422

I ask out of curiosity, btw. I feel that it is unlikely that I will have to update it because the update does not apply to my console. I just wanted to make sure.

North American Servers
    • ZOS_SarahHecker
      ZOS_SarahHecker
      ✭✭✭✭✭

No, neither of the previous generations of consoles should be affected.
      msetten wrote: »

On PlayStation you should receive a prompt to upgrade when you go to open the game. If for some reason the prompt doesn't appear you can grab it from the store page.

It's similar on Xbox: you should get a prompt to update upon launch unless you have auto-update enabled (in which case it should download automatically.)
      Staff Post