The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Console Enhanced Launch Date Update"

• Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea on the size of the enhance update
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »
    Any idea on the size of the enhance update

Expect it to be very large. Possibly as large as the current game file. We won't know till it actually drops though.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be nice to know how large and when we can start the download.
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, would be really nice to know.

also can we still play with the normal version incase download is still running? would be good to know since there are trails planned...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by H3rBie on June 14, 2021 9:25AM
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I’m having a hard time finding more information about this update. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. How large is the update, and what time does it drop? Or have already downloaded last week and it just gets enabled at a certain time?
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like you will have to redownload the entire game for the next gen console, it's not an enhancement patch on the current version.

Such an enhancement patch would also impact people on the previous gen systems, since it's basically a patch that includes code that enables extra stuff when a next gen system is detected.
    And they clearly states previous gen players are not affected...

Since it will be a whole new next gen version, that could also mean that you get a whole new set of trophies ;)
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    EpicHero wrote: »
    It sounds to me like you will have to redownload the entire game for the next gen console, it's not an enhancement patch on the current version.

Such an enhancement patch would also impact people on the previous gen systems, since it's basically a patch that includes code that enables extra stuff when a next gen system is detected.
    And they clearly states previous gen players are not affected...

Since it will be a whole new next gen version, that could also mean that you get a whole new set of trophies ;)

You're probably correct. What will happen is a whole new version of the game to download. I've seen a few other games do it as well. I doubt trophies will change though. From what I've seen, the trophies will cross over to the new version as long as the new version takes your old save files. Being that ESO saves all your information on servers, there should be no problems getting those trophies.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know if I can switch between the two versions, i.e. play the new version on my Series X and then switch to my Xbox One and pick up where I left off using the previous version.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're working on getting patch sizes for you all, but in the meantime, you'll be able to begin downloading the update at 7am EDT tomorrow (June 15).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I'd like to know if I can switch between the two versions, i.e. play the new version on my Series X and then switch to my Xbox One and pick up where I left off using the previous version.

Of course you can, character progress is saved server side...
    Edited by EpicHero on June 14, 2021 2:45PM
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

Higher up in this thread @ZOS_SarahHecker posted that previous console generations are unaffected and don't need to patch.
    This would mean that the enhanced version is a separate download.

But you mention patch size here. Did you perhaps mean the download size of the next gen versions, or will there indeed be a patch?

Kind regards,
    Michael
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

Higher up in this thread @ZOS_SarahHecker posted that previous console generations are unaffected and don't need to patch.

But you mention patch size here. Did you perhaps mean the download size of the next gen versions, or will there indeed be a patch?

Kind regards,
    Michael

Apologies! I did mean the download size. There is no patch for tomorrow's Console Enhanced update.

Can I still blame a case of the Mondays here?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Phil1001-Up
    Phil1001-Up
    ✭✭
    Any info on Playstation Network trophies? Will the PS4 trophies I've already earned on my ESO account be automatically awarded when opening the PS5 client? Also if I earn a trophy using the PS5 client and then open the PS4 client, would that same trophy be awarded there?

Guess it's not long to be able to test that out.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

Kind regards,
    Michael

Apologies! I did mean the download size. There is no patch for tomorrow's Console Enhanced update.

Can I still blame a case of the Mondays here?

Yes, yes you can. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any info on Playstation Network trophies? Will the PS4 trophies I've already earned on my ESO account be automatically awarded when opening the PS5 client? Also if I earn a trophy using the PS5 client and then open the PS4 client, would that same trophy be awarded there?

If it's a PS5 only download, that would indicate a PS5 version, which will most likely have it's own trophies.
    If this is the case, you can or will have to, earn all trophies again. And any trophies you get in the PS5 version will not activate in the PS4 version. Consider it 2 totally different games, even if they are the same.

This is all a "most likely" scenario... tomorrow you will know for sure.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FYI: We just published an FAQ for Console Enhanced that hopefully answers a lot of your questions over in this thread.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Phil1001-Up
    Phil1001-Up
    ✭✭

If it's a PS5 only download, that would indicate a PS5 version, which will most likely have it's own trophies.
    If this is the case, you can or will have to, earn all trophies again. And any trophies you get in the PS5 version will not activate in the PS4 version. Consider it 2 totally different games, even if they are the same.

This is all a "most likely" scenario... tomorrow you will know for sure.

Thank you, I was afraid that might be the case… I’m one of those that likes to work on their completion percentage on the whole PSN profile. If it’s a no go then I’ll stick with the PS4 version for anything serious and use the PS5 version for dailies and survey maps for the benefit of loading times. At least there’s cross progression between both clients!