The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Credit for Killing War Chief Zathmoz?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up we should have this fixed in Monday's PC incremental patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will this also fix his respawn rate? Killed him an hour ago and did not get credit for daily quest, been waiting for him to respawn with about 10 other people here and it has been nearly an hour and he's a no show. Really sucks when people are using XP scrolls or drinks and they run out while waiting for him to respawn.

Yes, we're fixing both the lack of kill credit and issues with him respawning.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭

Leave the dead to be dead. Stop respowning it. He has had enough suffering in his life.
    Rest in Piece. He desrves some!
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aaxc wrote: »

Leave the dead to be dead. Stop respowning it. He has had enough suffering in his life.
    Rest in Piece. He desrves some!

No what he deserves as a warchief is to actually be summoned and fight in battle (which he's obviously unable to do currently). ^^
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up we should have this fixed in Monday's PC incremental patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will this also fix his respawn rate? Killed him an hour ago and did not get credit for daily quest, been waiting for him to respawn with about 10 other people here and it has been nearly an hour and he's a no show. Really sucks when people are using XP scrolls or drinks and they run out while waiting for him to respawn.

Thank you!!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is on the PS4 as well, in case it was thought to be PC only.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • TehLingo
    TehLingo
    Soul Shriven
    I’ve noticed you can’t be near his tent when waiting for the spawn.
  • Eswyn
    Eswyn
    Soul Shriven
    I've killed him twice today, once within a 5 foot radius of his tent, and no credit, so I don't think the tent proximity theory is correct.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will this be fixed on consoles?

Killed him 4 (four) times today. Four. No credit.
    Tried reloading ui. Nothing.
    Logging in to another instance. Nope.

It’s a daily. If you can’t do it, you can’t abandon & get another one. If I have to wait until possible fix in console patch on Wed thats 4 days I’m missing out on wb daily rewards.

Not good enough. Do better.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 times no credit.

Not happy.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    5 times no credit. (...)
    Got credit at the 3rd time on PS4 EU. It seems it's pretty random atm.
    Eswyn wrote: »
    (...) I don't think the tent proximity theory is correct.
    When I got credit he died +- at the centre of the area.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    5 times no credit. (...)
    Got credit at the 3rd time on PS4 EU. It seems it's pretty random atm.

It’s bl**dy annoying. I have limited time to play & this is beyond ridiculous. At least would be bearable if could abandon and get another daily, but no 😡
    Edited by Hallothiel on June 19, 2021 2:25PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was fixed in the PC incremental, so you should be getting it next week
  • Ethar_Miraz
    Ethar_Miraz
    Soul Shriven
    PS5
    Still not getting credit properly, eventually got the credit but not as intended, I think.
    I killed the boss but received no credit immediately.
    I was waiting for the boss to respawn and when the body disappeared did I get the credit only.
  • matterandstuff
    matterandstuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the problem recur on PC since the PC incremental patch, so I'm not sure that it actually *is* fixed here at all
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You all can probably look forward to seeing this same thread (and having be applicable) 5 years from now!

That is the trend they have set.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ShIm_ShImMeR
    ShIm_ShImMeR
    ✭✭
    Erm… Been waiting forever with about 10 other players and this dude refuses to respawn. Still bugged on PS4 EU, I’m afraid.@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two or three times I have done this daily WB quest, I have gotten credit each time for the quest when Zathmoz dies. Probably just RNG, but I am getting the quest credit for the Blackwood WB dailies consistently. The drop rate for motif seems low to me, however.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the last update on PS4 I am able to get completion for the boss and the respawn times seem reasonable. Getting enough players to kill him has been the problem.

The war chief seems to be invulnerable a lot of the time so going after the other bosses (the Orc dogs? the name escapes me now) seems to be the best option first.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting there for over 30 minutes now and the boss didn't respawn.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the last update on PS4 I am able to get completion for the boss and the respawn times seem reasonable. Getting enough players to kill him has been the problem.

The war chief seems to be invulnerable a lot of the time so going after the other bosses (the Orc dogs? the name escapes me now) seems to be the best option first.

Don't attack the dogs. Use the bait barrels to distract the dogs and just focus on the boss.