The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No Credit for Killing War Chief Zathmoz?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I had to kill this world boss 3 times to get quest credit.

Anyone else experience this?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had to kill this world boss 3 times to get quest credit.

Anyone else experience this?

Not with this specific one but I had that with WBs before.

I had to kill the Nestmother in Auridon three times before getting credit and had to do so within a very small radius of her spawn point otherwise she would either reset or just not give credit for the kill.

I had the same issue with Ysolmarr the Roving Pyre in Old S'ren-ja Docks in Reaper's March. Again it was either kill it almost on top of where it spawns or get no credit/reset.

EDIT: Got this boss as daily today. Waited for 25 minutes to respawn. Got bored. Might come later.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on June 8, 2021 5:43PM
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen too, the very first WB I went to in Blackwood wasn't respawning there were 30 or 40 other players waiting and waiting eventually people reported it and left, I did too. I came back later to check and he was up eventually people showed up at my third attempt to kill him solo and we killed him, no credit for killing him and my quest didn't record it. I haven't done it since
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Still had this problem yesterday on my Ohmes apprentice.

No credit given. Daily quest not complete. Do not pass go. Do not get another ring for one of the other apprentices to deconstruct.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • kdtweedie
    kdtweedie
    Soul Shriven
    What I've found with this WB is that if I kill him first, then take the notes, it gives me credit. When i take the notes first then kill him, I get no quest completion or anything.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kdtweedie wrote: »
    What I've found with this WB is that if I kill him first, then take the notes, it gives me credit. When i take the notes first then kill him, I get no quest completion or anything.

I thought that was the case as well, but then I did it this morning, and killing him before the notes didn't do anything. I've also seen someone suggest the reverse. I eventually got credit after killing him a few more times though.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Cravencat
    Cravencat
    ✭✭✭
    PC - NA Server: Yes, I had the same problem as well where I had to kill War Chief Zathmoz 3 times before I received quest credit for the kill. I submitted a feedback/bug report to customer support.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a common issue - along with him spawning rather slowly (over 20mins)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. At least twice killing him didn't count for either clearing the location or progressing the daily quest.
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my experience you have to collect the notes first then kill the boss, at least it works for me.

I feel like I'm on the PTS server when I'm in Blackwood, I wonder if they know you can hire beta testers.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to kill him next to his tent. Doing the secondary part of the quest, before or after does not matter. Just make sure he dies next to his tent.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh boy a 20 minute wait and a very low chance of actually completing the quest.

Great job, all around.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I thought that was the case as well, but then I did it this morning, and killing him before the notes didn't do anything. I've also seen someone suggest the reverse. I eventually got credit after killing him a few more times though.

My first kill was before gathering the notes, because I came in on a battle in progress, hitting many mobs during the battle. Then I gathered the notes. Came back later when I realized the quest hadn't completed. Got killed at least once then too, after being chased by the main boss. The final time I did stay alive the whole time and got quest credit.

I wonder if some of this is because only the first 12 people get credit, or something like that. Though I don't think we had more than 12 players in the group the first and second time.
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    You have to kill him next to his tent. Doing the secondary part of the quest, before or after does not matter. Just make sure he dies next to his tent.

You need to control where he dies? That is not designed well!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this is like that Voidmother WB in Markarth all over again? Good times.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up we should have this fixed in Monday's PC incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same 3 kills no credit but I got a legendary lead & some good drops so wont complain
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok what about consoles cause its happening to us too
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please make sure they check the Sea Sload in Karnwasten as well. I had to kill him twice to get the public dungeon group event credit.

I know it is not just because I was solo the first time because I solo'd another similar boss in a different public dungeon later just fine.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭

Been here for 25 mins no spawn. He is now broken in a different way PC EU
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭

Been here for 25 mins no spawn. He is now broken in a different way PC EU
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not post that twice it was the forum
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy has been broken since day one. Waited 2+ hours for him to spawn one day, gave up. Haven't had the no credit problem yet tho.
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    This guy has been broken since day one. Waited 2+ hours for him to spawn one day, gave up. Haven't had the no credit problem yet tho.

He spawned eventually then wouldn't let me loot him kept saying out of range (or whatever that message we get is when we aren't close enough). Walked up & down for 5 minutes trying to loot him then tried reloading the ui. Then logged out & back in & gave up.

He needs serious IT attention
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again he was killed without credit being awarded for the daily quest. :(
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will this also fix his respawn rate? Killed him an hour ago and did not get credit for daily quest, been waiting for him to respawn with about 10 other people here and it has been nearly an hour and he's a no show. Really sucks when people are using XP scrolls or drinks and they run out while waiting for him to respawn.
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    This is also happening PS4 NA..I fought 5 of the 6 and this is the only I had to do twice for credit..no quest..first go I basically solo him to about 500k health left than a group showed up and burned him down but I got 0 credit and a 20min wait for a respawn
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭

Xbox NA had same issue today. Will we be getting a fix soon? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by shalalaA7X on June 9, 2021 8:49PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The no credit bug happened to me yesterday. Upside is he didn't take 2+ hours to spawn.
    PC/NA
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭

Even that's bugged now. Took the notes after killing him - still can't hand it in.

You can't even abandon and pick up a different quest...

PLEASE FIX
  • Sindarin
    Sindarin
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU - 40 min past and he still no show up.