Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Bastion Popular with the Ladies?

Netheniel
Netheniel
✭✭✭
Because they tend to get hot around him :)

kBWw8hH.jpeg
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get an awesome for the pun.

But frankly I'm getting a little upset at the playerbase. Day one of the Console launch and I've already seen several Mirri's in that skimpy Timbercrow costume, and when I mentioned that I wasn't impressed with Zone chat.

Players objectifying their own characters, I'm fine with, they're supposed to be an extension of themselves.

Players objectifying an NPC character, I'm getting issue with. Bastion and Mirri are their own characters, their own selves and players are already turning Mirri into Slave Leia.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t find bastion anything to look at....I wanted a young shirtless Chris Hemsworth type to objectify ^^

The guys can have their waifus, idc. Though please give us women something better to look at and a sexier voice actor too !!

5cm806.jpg
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on June 9, 2021 6:07AM
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, being an old bag, I'd have been happy with this guy ...

sam-the-e-660x400.jpg
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Abigail that’s the spirit !! I hope this thread continues this way 😄

• Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    @Agigail hell yeah!

It is funny how a lot of people think that if their character or Mirri has been dressed in skimpy clothing they must be male and "objectifying" :D

I am a female player and my motto is "if you've got it flaunt it". Bring on more skimpy gear for Neph and Mirri.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one finds it amusing how people must justify objectification.

“I am a woman! So that’s okay!”

No it’s not.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one finds it amusing how people must justify objectification.

“I am a woman! So that’s okay!”

No it’s not.

Let people dress their characters however they want to, at the end of the day it’s not real, it’s just a bunch of pixels in a video game. If it really bothers you that much then maybe ignore? Not everyone shares the same opinion as you and that’s okay 🤷‍♀️
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Objectification of virtual object xD

Last day I killed for no reason couple game deers. Bastian told me "I hope you gonna eat it". I didn't. Call PETA :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Supertonicbaker
    Supertonicbaker
    ✭✭✭
    “I have caught a glimpse of the Elder Scrolls and saw a vision of a closed thread, one started with Jovial intent. Yet twisted will this thread become until the wielders of the keys decide to send the souls within to oblivion for there were those so offended by pixels on another’s character that they caused the Forum-burst.” - The Prophet
  • blueyonder
    blueyonder
    ✭✭✭
    I was worried that he would end up with the sex appeal of Tythis Andromo, but I think they did really well with him. He's hot. I get realness vibe, convincing handsome real life man. Nice voice acting and sounds, at first I thought the voice was too high but it's OK. He cares about me after a fight, very appealing! Thankfully I don't get the cheesy Hollywood action figure vibe others on this thread are looking for. Sorry to diss your taste, Hemsworth is hot and all, but the "leading man fantasy figure" look feels done to death for me.

You're not OK with people objectifying an NPC? Come on now. You think the NPC's feelings are hurt or something? You're running around the game world wantonly slaying NPCs, and you're worrying that people treat an NPC as eye candy? This is why we play games, because it's not real, and no one is hurt. It's the owner's game, they can play it how they like. Try to lighten up and see the funny side of life.
    Edited by blueyonder on June 9, 2021 10:27AM
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on Bastian's dialogue, I'd say his type of woman is June Cleaver.

Youngsters can google it, lol.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blueyonder wrote: »
    I was worried that he would end up with the sex appeal of Tythis Andromo, but I think they did really well with him. He's hot. I get realness vibe, convincing handsome real life man. Nice voice acting and sounds, at first I thought the voice was too high but it's OK. He cares about me after a fight, very appealing! Thankfully I don't get the cheesy Hollywood action figure vibe others on this thread are looking for. Sorry to diss your taste, Hemsworth is hot and all, but the "leading man fantasy figure" look feels done to death for me.

Agreed. Initially I wasn't impressed by his aesthetics and the softness of his voice struck me as out of place, but he's grown on me a lot. I like that he isn't a big burly Nord with a Rigurt growl. He's all about saving the innocent and helping people, like a pure, non-lecherous version of Darien. But then you take off his armour and he's covered in dragon tattoos! I wish we could ask him about them, I'd love to hear that story.

It'll be interesting to see how they develop romance with him down the line. I can more easily see it happening with Mirri given her sassier personality, so they'll have to put some extra work into Bastian to make it believable IMO.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t find bastion anything to look at....I wanted a young shirtless Chris Hemsworth type to objectify ^^

The guys can have their waifus, idc. Though please give us women something better to look at and a sexier voice actor too !!

5cm806.jpg

Women want him, men want to be him.

Good choice haha
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just the ladies.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nephthys wrote: »
    @Agigail hell yeah!

It is funny how a lot of people think that if their character or Mirri has been dressed in skimpy clothing they must be male and "objectifying" :D

I am a female player and my motto is "if you've got it flaunt it". Bring on more skimpy gear for Neph and Mirri.

BINGO!

In this community (I am talking about the community as a whole) If you have a issue with NPC's or representative characters.
    You just hate women, or If you like how a women is dressed you're objectifying them and Orientation/gender labels are slapped on you.

My wife uses Mirri and her costumes leaves little or nothing to the imagination...so she's objectifying her own Gender yes? The state of mind over topics like these are ridiculous.

Edited by Klad on June 9, 2021 12:37PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, a bit to straight and narrow for me.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do so many people call him "Bastion" when his name is actually Bastian ?
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey as Long as they don't call him Basti...sounds like a Cringey Nickname given to a WoW NPC.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Autocorrect? /shrug
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose to dress Bastian like this. But this is only to pay homage to the work of the tattoo artist! o:)

210609030712729171.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wow," Varanis eyes the flock of women surrounding Bastian. Some of the ladies are fancily dressed, some are scantily dressed, some are in full armor. Bastian says something, and they all laugh. It sounds like a flock of birds twittering.

"Finally, someone immune to his charms!" A dark-haired Imperial man with a beaky nose and short goatee says, and sticks out his hand. "I'm Marcus Titus Alessian. I swear, the only people who talk to me instead of him are the questgivers."

Varanis shakes his hand. "I know how you feel. Mirri's hiding out at the inn to avoid the attention."

Marcus looks over at her fiery armor that proudly bears the Pact Dragon and then down at his own Imperial Red Diamond. "Do you think it's our armor? Maybe Legate Black isn't such a chick magnet anymore. I guess I could push for some new dyes during Midyear Mayhem?"

"I'm pretty sure it's the short, mussed hair."

"Don't tell me that! Bastian refuses to share his barber!"
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 9, 2021 1:00PM
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mysanne wrote: »
    But this is only to pay homage to the work of the tattoo artist! o:)

]

Sure :D lol

I'd very much appreciate that kind of companion B)

sruNU1f.jpg

That being said, I run with Bastian and I wish I could give him a helmet. He has too happy face -_-

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »

]

sruNU1f.jpg

That being said, I run with Bastian and I wish I could give him a helmet. He has too happy face -_-

I want that armor, NAY I NEED THAT ARMOR.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You get an awesome for the pun.

But frankly I'm getting a little upset at the playerbase. Day one of the Console launch and I've already seen several Mirri's in that skimpy Timbercrow costume, and when I mentioned that I wasn't impressed with Zone chat.

Players objectifying their own characters, I'm fine with, they're supposed to be an extension of themselves.

Players objectifying an NPC character, I'm getting issue with. Bastion and Mirri are their own characters, their own selves and players are already turning Mirri into Slave Leia.

[snip] so we may not agree, but I've 100% seen Bastians with the Sai top. My initial reaction was "cool tats bro". If it does bother you to see it, the best advice I can give you is to remind you that *any* change to their appearance, more armor or less, is your influence on their style.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 9, 2021 3:52PM
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I'm overall getting weird vibes. Like... I'm a woman with some many years behind :D I almost exclusively play male characters. I am usually taken as a guy in games. Yes, I'm straight. If I ever decide to adventure with Mirri (not sure though, she annoys me), I will put some less covering outfit on her because that's how I see it. She's a bit too thin but I'll figure something out XD
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I am pretty sure that June Cleaver would run screaming for the hills the second she saw the ink from his tatoos. :D

I think the reason they did not make him "more attractive" for lack of a better way to say it... is that they wanted to avoid him being too pretty or conversely too macho - for obvious reasons.

If he was the too IN YO FACE! type of macho, I think there would have been a lot of pushback. vs his type that seems a bit goofy (runs off to stare at fires every time he sees one, lol) but fights ok, and isn't some pretty boy. Same with Mirri.

There are plenty of NPCs in the game to "objectify" for that in any case, made with far more beautiful faces, etc.

If you want to see objectification, you should check out the new "house boy" on the crown store :#:D
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS:

someone in a discord thread I read said that the reason Bastian is always looking downward is not because he is shy or submissive, but because it is the best way that he can get away with watching his companion's posterior and no one will notice him doing it. LMAO

• ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    PS:

someone in a discord thread I read said that the reason Bastian is always looking downward is not because he is shy or submissive, but because it is the best way that he can get away with watching his companion's posterior and no one will notice him doing it. LMAO

Lol, I cannot unsee that now. Perhaps the reason he studiously avoids saying anything remotely flirtatious is because he's too busy eyeballing the results of your active lifestyle.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well he is quite a sight, but Darien Gautier is smoking hot.
    Edited by L_Nici on June 9, 2021 5:29PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    khyrkat wrote: »

]

sruNU1f.jpg

I want that armor, NAY I NEED THAT ARMOR.

Hell yeah! We need capes in this game :D
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd