The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Bastion Popular with the Ladies?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    blueyonder wrote: »
    Try to lighten up and see the funny side of life.

I did that once. Found a group of soldier NPCs in Elsweyr. All women with a male Commander. Had an idea that maybe they tease him cause he's outnumbered. It was cute. Shared the joke. Thread got closed. Account warning.

So forgive me for being insulted when I see people turning Companions into sexual objects and ZOS lets it happen.

What exactly do you want ZOS to do about it?

They limit our ability to equip headgear on Companions. Should they exclude certain costumes and outfit styles too?

Or do we have to sign a waiver, promising that we are mature gamers who respect the strong, independent NPCs who're our Companions as part of their introductory quest?

I'm not trying to make fun here, but rather try to figure out what tangible action you want ZOS to take.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a different female NPC would you be as offended? Maybe you and Mirri are getting a little too close?
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So forgive me for being insulted when I see people turning Companions into sexual objects and ZOS lets it happen.

Umm, have you never played a game, like DA-3 or SWTOR where companions ARE sexual objects? Did you not read ZOS's blurbs about companions and where relationships MIGHT lead?

Edited by Abigail on June 9, 2021 5:41PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of us guys would VERY MUCH like a Companion that looks like Chris Hemsworth or Sam Elliot, yes indeed we would. Bastian isn't quite my type physically--he is a little "rugged" for my taste--but his personality pushes him firmly into "adorable" territory.

Honestly though after that latest Thor photo I don't think ESO's arm sliders go far enough to portray Hemsworth...!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    Well, being an old bag, I'd have been happy with this guy ...

sam-the-e-660x400.jpg

I'm here for this content. :)
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    He cares about me after a fight, very appealing!

I wasn't sure I liked him until after a fight he asked if I was hurt. The way he said it... I was like 'Hell yes I'm hurt! You sir can bandage me up anytime <3'.

I haven't got Mirri yet so idk about her. I've tried a few outfits and costumes on Bastian though. Feels weird to me to put him in a skimpy outfit. I've been leaning more towards a normal look or decked in armor type of thing for him. Like a manly look which is the opposite of how I normally dress my male character (tbh he sometimes looks like a man hoe just sayin'). I imagine Mirri will be much the same as Bastian and the exact opposite of how I dress my female characters. I don't dress them skimpy because I'm objectifying them. It's cuz they get to wear stuff I wouldn't normally (never in a million years) wear in real life.

sam-the-e-660x400.jpg

I ain't old yet but even I'd melt for Sam Elliot.

Tbh I was hoping for a Gideon Emery voiced companion. I don't know what it is about that man's voice but my gawds.
    Edited by cynicalbutterfly on June 9, 2021 5:59PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZXtuuOG.png

ummmm...I picked him for the plot....
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sam-the-e-660x400.jpg

that was my grandma favorite actor.

good thread makes me laugh a little.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did that once. Found a group of soldier NPCs in Elsweyr. All women with a male Commander. Had an idea that maybe they tease him cause he's outnumbered. It was cute. Shared the joke. Thread got closed. Account warning.

They limit our ability to equip headgear on Companions. Should they exclude certain costumes and outfit styles too?

Or do we have to sign a waiver, promising that we are mature gamers who respect the strong, independent NPCs who're our Companions as part of their introductory quest?

I'm not trying to make fun here, but rather try to figure out what tangible action you want ZOS to take.

Curbing the hypocrisy a little would be a nice start.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't old yet but even I'd melt for Sam Elliot.

Totally off the subject, I grew up in SW Washington State and went to a small college with Sam. Even had a couple classes with him. He was a muffin even back then.

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding character and voice, my main would have fallen in love with Bastian... if he were a Mer. Since he is not, even the tattoos do not help. :D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    5cm806.jpg

Women want him, men want to be him.

I know some men who want him, too.
    PCNA
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Bastian but his voice is...not very masculine.
    Campos de oro
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t find bastion anything to look at....I wanted a young shirtless Chris Hemsworth type to objectify ^^

The guys can have their waifus, idc. Though please give us women something better to look at and a sexier voice actor too !!

5cm806.jpg

OMG YES!!! Bastion, No.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Curbing the hypocrisy a little would be a nice start.

Okay, but how?

That's not tangible action, so much as it sounds like griping over past disciplinary action. You might want to take that to the mods instead of rehashing it here.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    With the boys too, those tats are amazing, and I like his VA. I also have a thing for gingers currently so i'm glad they made him ginger instead of another boring blonde cullen type which we've seen thousands of times. I'm glad Zenimax didn't make him an ass, like Bioware almost every single one of their male characters.

c9eoGU0.jpg
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Adding to the above post, i'm really curious to see what they do with Bastian storywise. Some of his dialogue has me questioning his history. That maybe he's not as clean cut as he initially appears. Bastian hates taking lives unecessarily. But when you come across bandits or something he says something like "Robbers only deserve killing". Hmmmm what happened to him to make bandits the exception.
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vallisas wrote: »
    Adding to the above post, i'm really curious to see what they do with Bastian storywise. Some of his dialogue has me questioning his history. That maybe he's not as clean cut as he initially appears. Bastian hates taking lives unecessarily. But when you come across bandits or something he says something like "Robbers only deserve killing". Hmmmm what happened to him to make bandits the exception.

If Bastian's backstory is ever fleshed out, expect shallow contrivances more than any depth.
    Edited by Abigail on June 9, 2021 8:34PM
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    I have more faith. I believe they said they didn't just want to put companions there and leave them, I think they intend to add more and more to them as time goes on. I think that was influential in the decision to launch with only two. Had they launched with like 10 or so then i'd be worried about any of them getting development.
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    BASTIAN, his name is Bastian and he is awesome. <3

OmyJmBo.png
    Master Angler
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He annoys me
    Whines a lot
    Does not know how to have fun
    Too much political correction
    Still waiting my chad Altmer companion <3
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dunmer vampire nightblade assassin is having so much fun with this cinnamonroll.
    Teasing him by feeding on, blade of woe-ing, and robbing innocent bystanders will never not be entertaining.

Getting decent rapport between them is going to be a long journey full of highs and lows.