The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Everytime I come through a wayshrine, Ginger tanks...Ginger tank clones everywhere

vallisas
vallisas
✭✭✭
Guess I should convert to the ginger tank cult and reject ginger mage

32py7iW.png

• Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great to be able to put helms on them
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't beat them, join em! All we need is for ZOS to give us that hairstyle!

Seriously though, I'm gonna keep my Basti as a DPS. I've got the tanking covered, but I could use a bit more incoming damage if he wants to pretend to be useful... though when I tested on PTS, Leeching Plate did more DPS than him.

I guess a lot of people are making Basti tank since he looks more stereotypical tank than Mirri does, and there are way more DPS players in the game who want tanks.

At least they don't steal taunt if an actual tank is taunting something...
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda understand it though. He has abilities that make for a good tank, damage-wise too. I've seen people use his blasing grasp to pull enemies into a scorching strike which he seems to use instantly after yoinking them which does a lot of damage and dots them. Pretty cool combo
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha it's so sad -- that despite the immense amount of feedback from players about no-helmet clones -- that ZOS just ignored players and decided that Tamriel should be filled with the same two faces.
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please let’s be able to use the Blade of Woe on Companions...please, please, please..😁
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Haha it's so sad -- that despite the immense amount of feedback from players about no-helmet clones -- that ZOS just ignored players and decided that Tamriel should be filled with the same two faces.

To be fair, it will be that way starting out regardless, there's only two of them. But hell having multiple in the future still probably won't do anything. Swtor launched with countless comps, and yet all you mostly see people running around with, endless clones of one blonde chick in the same outfit, despite being able to change them
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a ginger healer!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why oh why did ZOS not make the other players Companions look different from your perspective??

They do it all the time for quest NPCs that go with you - you'd think they'd just do that especially since Companions are WAY more prevalent
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, the only companion I see in town is my own. They're hidden in Mournhold, but you're in Wayrest and can see them all.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    btw what armor is this particular ginger tank in? I need it

KwEHqFb.jpeg
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vallisas wrote: »
    btw what armor is this particular ginger tank in? I need it

KwEHqFb.jpeg

That looks like mostly Shield of Senchal medium
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot, Sifo-Dyas.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talk about chewing up the scenery. Come on ZOS. There is simply no reason to see the same 2 companion faces scuttling behind players all over Tamriel. Maybe make them publicly visible when used group situations, but hide them by default. It looks damn ridiculous.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so ginger DD is not an option? Remember, there are no fake ginger DDs, only bad ginger DDs.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was waiting for a Dolmen last night and there were 6 Mirri’s in my immediate vicinity. I’m not a fan of the decision to not allow head coverings for companions, given how they are littering the landscape everywhere you go.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't beat them, join em! All we need is for ZOS to give us that hairstyle!

Seriously though, I'm gonna keep my Basti as a DPS. I've got the tanking covered, but I could use a bit more incoming damage if he wants to pretend to be useful... though when I tested on PTS, Leeching Plate did more DPS than him.

I guess a lot of people are making Basti tank since he looks more stereotypical tank than Mirri does, and there are way more DPS players in the game who want tanks.

At least they don't steal taunt if an actual tank is taunting something...

I'm using mine as a DPS also. But I'm using him on my Imperial Tank (also with Leeching) to make overland just a tad more bearable. He's only level 8 and I'm not super impressed but it does make a noticeable difference.
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they didn't instance the companions.

This is right idea though, game feels weird now. I've never talked against Companions, it's a good idea however I feel they are something more applicable to the 'journey' thru PvE land and should be instanced so we don't have 10-20 of the exact same character hovering everywhere I go.
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I was waiting for a Dolmen last night and there were 6 Mirri’s in my immediate vicinity. I’m not a fan of the decision to not allow head coverings for companions, given how they are littering the landscape everywhere you go.

Exactly. Littering is a perfect way in which to describe this phenomena.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Nagastani wrote: »
    I don't understand why they didn't instance the companions.

This is right idea though, game feels weird now. I've never talked against Companions, it's a good idea however I feel they are something more applicable to the 'journey' thru PvE land and should be instanced so we don't have 10-20 of the exact same character hovering everywhere I go.

Soon, Gingers shall inherit Tamriel
  • Lord_Nikon
    Lord_Nikon
    ✭✭✭
    Just need to give it time. With the release of more companions in the future we’ll see less and less of the same ones as people diversify.

I agree though that I see about 4 Bastion to every Marri.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Nikon wrote: »

Although it seems that Mirri has more fans (at least here in the forum):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/576190/bastian-or-mirri-who-is-your-favorite/p1

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait for more incoming companions, hence why they want you to see their face. Cas after a while it won’t be the same two faces.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Mine is a ginger healer!

Same, he just keeps his distance and throws some heals/shields regularly. I like that, still sweeps heal me a tiny bit better :D

They need to allow us to put helmets on companions, though. Like, seriously ZOS, c'mon...
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Nikon wrote: »
    Just need to give it time. With the release of more companions in the future we’ll see less and less of the same ones as people diversify.

Same for me, only time i've seen a lot of Merri's compared to Gingers was in one of the blackwood gates. I'm surprised. I thought for sure being female i'd see more of her running around but no, everytime I turn around there's atleast 3 gingers near me running around. The Merri's I have seen running around are all naked though usually lol.

The fanart didn't take long to come, did it

sYEi9vV.jpeg

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a joke. I can't believe that internally they didn't have a situation where they had dozens of redhead clones standing around and think this looks absurd and should be addressed.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the character's face is so important, then just take off the helm whenever a player engages in dialog with the npc.

Same way our helmets are taken off (for some reason) at crafting stations.

They have a head covering, unless the player's talking to them. Or they always have a head covering and only the "owning" player sees them without the head covering in dialog.
    PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus Titus Alessian takes a deep breath, squares his shoulders, and begins wading through the crowd of redhaired Imperial men and scowling Dunmer women waiting around the wayshrine.

"Are you my Bastian?"

The Bastian he addressed looks back blankly. "No, sir, I'm with a tiny Bosmer lady."

"Oh, sorry." Two nearby Bastians avoid his gaze. There's a small clump of three Bastians to his left playing rock, paper, scissors. He walks over, "Excuse me."

All three Bastian throw scissors at the same time. "Darn it, again!" One of them exclaims, then turns to him. "Can I help you?"

Marcus can tell at a glance that none of the three are "his" Bastian. "Nevermind, gents, carry on your game." They do, all three throwing paper this time.

He's about to resort to shouting "Bastian!" and thoroughly embarrassing himself when he spots Bastian - his Bastian - skulking on the fringe of the crowd, talking to a tiny Bosmer lady.

"Your Bastian is back there," Marcus says.

"Oh, thank goodness," she exclaims. "All these quest markers are so confusing!" She heads into the crowd.

"You know, Bastian," Marcus says, "We really need a better way for me to find you in a bunch of Bastians. Maybe you should wear a helmet."
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vallisas wrote: »
    Guess I should convert to the ginger tank cult and reject ginger mage

32py7iW.png

Bastian can tank trials when having trouble finding a tanky tank.
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the good ol' days of Dragons Dogma when you could pick up your Pawn and throw them around?
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    I found one! I found one! a ginger mage. THEY EXIST!

L9KuOhs.jpg