The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone found the chain of the werewolf lead?

• priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    Looking at the other mythic leads and this one... I am guessing someone has gone FULLY mental picking the most obscure mob EVER.
    Has anyone camped the full moon WW spawns from base game yet? At this point they are the last option.
    Edited by priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO on June 6, 2021 12:58PM
  • GOAT4EVAR
    GOAT4EVAR
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the werewolf delve/daily quest in Wrothgar?
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    i'm still waiting for the full moon, it'll happen on June 7th around 9 or 10 am est if my math is right, also if your referring to argent mine, a buddy of mine camped there with no luck
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    or at least in 39 hours the full moon will appear
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the WW delve in Craglorn a few times. It did not drop there either, in the 4-5 kills.
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on June 6, 2021 3:41PM
  • Andreas_Ost
    farm WW and wolf around Kerbol's Hollow in Bangkorai about an hour, no lead
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    full moon is in 10 hours, i am prepped and caffeinated
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    i mean 8 hours, same difference
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    full moon is in 10 hours, i am prepped and caffeinated

Dang, go you. Please let us know if you do find it off those mobs... I'll be very sad if that is the case, but yeah.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly guys, I don't see anyone (even ZOS) gating new content behind a 30 day cooldown. They want people to buy the chapter and use the gear, not wait for a once a month window of opportunity, lol!

It's more likely that it's just another bugged feature they've rushed out and is pretty far down on the fix list. The odds of someone not doing the required content over several weeks of the PTS and a week of live content and not finding the lead is pretty darn small.

Edited by Jaraal on June 8, 2021 3:39AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    In zone chat someone was trying to say you get it randomly while feeding if you are a ww. Sounded absurd but hey who knows maybe really do need to be a ww to get it to drop
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    In zone chat someone was trying to say you get it randomly while feeding if you are a ww. Sounded absurd but hey who knows maybe really do need to be a ww to get it to drop

Unlikely, since that would exclude vampires. And the mythic is made for vampires, werewolves, and necros.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn’t exclude vampires because they feed too. But you are right that it would exclude necros. Or do they have some sort of feeding skill?
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    whelp, I didnt find a single werewolf, and I'm pretty sure the moon was full, is there a way to ask if its bugged/working correctly? or even a hint to where it might be would be nice honestly at this point
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    i searched all the riften spots and bangkarai, even reapers march, nothing
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whelp, I didnt find a single werewolf, and I'm pretty sure the moon was full, is there a way to ask if its bugged/working correctly? or even a hint to where it might be would be nice honestly at this point

Someone else may have killed them?
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    possibly, or maintenance screwed up the time, i was also sitting at the rift spawn from dusk till night, i saw the sun set
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I would assume the lead is either bugged or in a very specific location similar to the Golden Band for the Pale Order. But even that lead got found within a few hours of the server being up. This was in the new zone though, so if the Chain drops in an old zone in a very specific location it might take longer to find.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, still though, its good people are looking, i honestly thought it wasn't gonna be many people looking for it, hopefully the hunt will be over eventually
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It possibly can not be special mobs that spawn only at full moon. I mean WW skill line is in the crown store, so technically ZOS should not encourage people to try & get WW for free. Besides, it is too rare. They can not be this cruel to make it drop from mobs that literally spawn once in a blue "red" moon... (5 or 10 per zone; 3 zones so 30 per entire server) :o

I guess people have tried it already, but here are some ideas:
    - WW mobs (regular enemies) in Cyro or Glenumbra for example.
    - It may have been added to world / public dungeon bosses that already drops other mythic lead (Imperial City bosses drop both Malacath's Band of Brutality & Death Dealer's Fete leads).
    - Since it is a "Chain of the Werewolf", then maybe it drops not from WW or WW related content, but rather from WW hunters (like Silver Hand for example).

But since it has not been found yet, it has to be something cryptic. Something not obvious.
    - Maybe it was added as some kind of lore book that you read and it drops the lead ?
    - Maybe it comes from stealing (pick-pocketing). Is there a friendly NPC WW in human form ? I know that in Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary there is Hildegard & Kor, so maybe it is in there somewhere.
    - Maybe it is in WW themed dungeons, but it does drop from chests / containers and not the final boss.
    - Maybe it is from WW quest ? You know, the quest you get when you are infected with lycanthropy, so you go to Hircine's Hunting Grounds for a short time as it serves as a tutorial for WW. Technically it can be re-visited if you cure WW and get infected again.

Anyway, I don't think they would make it drop from ultra-rare WW mobs. I mean, in case of Dark Brotherhood supplier (Gaze of Sithis), at least you have guaranteed 1 try per day to get it. If you have more characters - then you can have more chances per day. In case of special WW mobs, not only you have to wait 5 - 10 days for the bloodmoon to show up, but also be lucky to find them before others do, as players will be killing those, and those are in limited numbers. Like I have said before - 5 or 10 per zone (3 zones so 30 per entire server, too low to give a decent chance, even for ZOS standards). Even Harpooner's Wading Kilt has 1 billion times more probability as nodes respawn every 2 - 3 minutes.

Besides, this mythic is not really that good for WW and maybe even other transformations too, so it is not worth THAT kind of grind. It is an inferior version of Death Dealer's Fete.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 8, 2021 12:58PM
    It would be nice to have an official response stating “yep it’s in the game and dropping as intended” or “oops we forgot to add it, silly old me.”
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    It would be nice to have an official response stating “yep it’s in the game and dropping as intended” or “oops we forgot to add it, silly old me.”

Agreed and we're checking on this for you all. We should be able to get you an answer today. Stand by!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In search of the lead, I've defeated 8 of these full moon werewolves in Bangkorai and Reaper's March in a single night, to no avail. Has anyone had better luck?
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, as of this morning we have identified an issue with the Chain of the Werewolf lead and now have a bug in for it. We're working on a fix. Thank you for all the info and for raising this to us.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :)
    PC NA
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least we know it is bugged... I wonder where it was meant to drop from though... 🤔
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was very much enjoying all the brainstorming and team work happening in this thread.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I was very much enjoying all the brainstorming and team work happening in this thread.

It's been good, agreed. We also don't want y'all killing yourselves trying to find something that may not be working as expected. The Systems team is digging into this one today and we'll update with more info as we get it.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post