The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warning: COD mail cannot be trusted since update 29 (ZOS says fixed now)

• Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ve been waiting for 13 days, and there is nothing. 13 days is too long for solving issue right?

Fixes are only immediate if it involves the Crown Store. This issue will get fixed eventually.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ve been waiting for 13 days, and there is nothing. 13 days is too long for solving issue right?

Depending on the complexity of the issue then 13 days may not have been enough to locate the issue, find a fix for it and then test it. And since certification for patches for both console and Stadia takes about two weeks I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a fix next patch either.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has already cost several players in my guilds large sums of gold. This is costing you players, ZOS. You need to offer compensation, preferably automatic but at the very least after a ticket-initiated investigation (you do keep logs, right? right?), not just respond to tickets with "sorry, we can't help you get your gold from someone else".
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Depending on the complexity of the issue then 13 days may not have been enough to locate the issue, find a fix for it and then test it. And since certification for patches for both console and Stadia takes about two weeks I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a fix next patch either.

The issue to me is not about it not being fixed yet, it's ZOS not acknowledging a bug this bad for 13 days. Ideally, they would look to disable COD mails until they can find a complete solution to it.
  • AlextheMuspel
    AlextheMuspel
    ✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

The issue to me is not about it not being fixed yet, it's ZOS not acknowledging a bug this bad for 13 days. Ideally, they would look to disable COD mails until they can find a complete solution to it.

Assuming they know how to disable it without breaking down the whole mail system :)
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭

I suspect / hope that the fix for this will be on the servers only.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, while we continue to investigate a fix for this issue please include this information if you are sending a ticket to customer support.
    • The Username and/or Character name of the player who sent you the gold.
    • The time/date when you sent the items for the COD
    • What items did you send?
    • How much gold you were supposed to receive?
    Thank you for your patience here.
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, while we continue to investigate a fix for this issue please include this information if you are sending a ticket to customer support.
    • The Username and/or Character name of the player who sent you the gold.
    • The time/date when you sent the items for the COD
    • What items did you send?
    • How much gold you were supposed to receive?
    Thank you for your patience here.

I only remember what I sent and how much I was supposed to receive, unfortunately. This is why a log of sent mails would be useful.
    I didn't even realize there was a bug until I saw this thread, I thought the person just wasn't accepting it because they didn't like the COD price :P
    I sent the person 3 mails and got 2 of the payments, and haven't gotten the items back either. I guess I'll have to take the loss, thankfully it was for the least expensive one I didn't get the payment.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on March 25, 2021 1:44PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lost a significant amount of things in the mail system and in my inventory during hot patches, put in a ticket and got the prove it treatment, sent in screenshots but honestly its not worth the aggravation. I hate being made to feel like a dodgy chancer, my ex gf's opinions aside. I know this because I only craft to replace items in my guild stores that I receive in mail and daily there are items short.

Does ZOS SERIOUSLY expect us to keep proof of all trade and mail?

Even in my guild multiple players have bought raffle tickets at 100K each and when they follow up on the ticket number the money was never received by the bank, I understand that this can happen when you make a mistake and put the gold into the wrong bank but not with 4 players in one week.
    Edited by marius_buys on March 25, 2021 1:52PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    I rarely sell to people, like once every few months, and even then I can't remember who I sent it to or when. I can only imagine how bad it is for people who do it regularly. Are we supposed to have an Excel sheet with all the names or dates in case it bugs or something?

I would hope ZOS can check to see what mail we've sent out to other players, cause I doubt most people are going to remember all the info ZOS needs.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on March 25, 2021 1:56PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    I rarely sell to people, like once every few months, and even then I can't remember who I sent it to or when. I can only imagine how bad it is for people who do it regularly. Are we supposed to have an Excel sheet with all the names or dates in case it bugs or something?

I would hope ZOS can check to see what mail we've sent out to other players, cause I doubt most people are going to remember all the info ZOS needs.

Problem is I have lost system mails from guild store sales. Item was sold, gold never arrived.
  • thelostchild89
    thelostchild89
    Soul Shriven
    I want to my items back. Don't want to wait maintanance. I cod 192 x mythic exp drink and there is exp event now. Why i am waiting maintanance? You should send my items i need its zos.
  • thelostchild89
    thelostchild89
    Soul Shriven

The issue is not my problem, it is their problem. İ dont want to maintance immediately. I want my items back immediately.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I had lost has been successfully returned, Thank you for the support... support :lol:
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Curious if there is any movement on when the fix might be found/implemented?

And getting thread back to front page so any unaware can be informed and avoid COD at this time.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else receiving these errors? I can't figure out how to upload it here, but here's my tech support/bug report thread, with screenshot attached

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/567075/bag-error-message-ps4-na#latest
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Auberon1983 Yes, that is also a new glitch this update introduced. It happens randomly sometimes when taking attachments from mail. The item does go to your inventory, but is invisible until you log out of that character, then log back into the character again.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the XBox patch notes from this morning (assuming will be same for PS4):

"COD payment mails now have fixed 30-day expiration dates like all other mail."

Does this mean COD mail will be safe to use again i.e. payments won't just auto-kick back to the buyer and never hit the seller's inbox? Or is this just talking about adjusting expiration timing?

Also, why is COD expiration now 30 days? Used to be 3 days before, unless I am wildly misremembering? So, a buyer can hold an item hostage in their mail for 30 days?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the XBox patch notes from this morning (assuming will be same for PS4):

"COD payment mails now have fixed 30-day expiration dates like all other mail."

Does this mean COD mail will be safe to use again i.e. payments won't just auto-kick back to the buyer and never hit the seller's inbox? Or is this just talking about adjusting expiration timing?

Also, why is COD expiration now 30 days? Used to be 3 days before, unless I am wildly misremembering? So, a buyer can hold an item hostage in their mail for 30 days?

^^^^^

So, now that the PlayStation server crisis is over for the moment, can we get some clarification on the above regarding COD? The wording is unclear to me as to what, exactly, was done and if that means it is fixed so that the seller will correctly receive all money from COD mail transactions now.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @DragonRacer thanks for the ping in the other thread. This should be fixed, along with the other issue where players were seeing mail notifications but messages were sometimes not appearing in the inbox.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @DragonRacer thanks for the ping in the other thread. This should be fixed, along with the other issue where players were seeing mail notifications but messages were sometimes not appearing in the inbox.

Thanks for the update! Guess I'll be the guinea pig with Friday Night Auction this week. LOL