The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Block Cost Bug

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When is console getting the fix? Are we going to need to wait even longer than the 14th or will you be squeezing it into the console chapter release?

As we only just fixed this internally for the upcoming PC incremental, it will not be fixed in time for console launch in a few hours. We're planning to include the fix in the first console incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    When is console getting the fix? Are we going to need to wait even longer than the 14th or will you be squeezing it into the console chapter release?

As we only just fixed this internally for the upcoming PC incremental, it will not be fixed in time for console launch in a few hours. We're planning to include the fix in the first console incremental patch.

Thank you. When is that incremental scheduled?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We don't have a date scheduled yet, but it typically tends to be a few weeks after launch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

We don't have a date scheduled yet, but it typically tends to be a few weeks after launch.

That's fair, any information is better than none. Thanks for the reply, appreciate all you do.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's to hoping the range bug, the set bonus bug, the companion item lost bug, and any other new bugs I'm forgetting are all included in this incremental as well
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • BardInSolitude
    BardInSolitude
    ✭✭✭

Here's to hoping the range bug, the set bonus bug, the companion item lost bug, and any other new bugs I'm forgetting are all included in this incremental as well

If the devs had fixes for these bugs they'd announce it for sure. We've been waiting for days, with the game at a half-playable state due to these issues.
    DC loyalist. Ball group afficionado. Bard.
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's your new car... we know the brakes don't work, but we will fix that in the next inspection. Enjoy!

When did it become ok to knowingly release broken products?

Postpone the release and release it with the fix... Not knowingly break a whole class, and just release anyways?
    So what are tanks now supposed to do, not block? In vet dungeons and trials?

Or are they not supposed to play for a few weeks?

This is just totally not acceptable...
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it still possible to roll this fix out with next weeks next gen console update?
    Edited by EpicHero on June 8, 2021 9:12AM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Honestly this is crazy I changed two toons from nord to imperial because of sustain issues, to realize it was a BUG!!!!!!!! Who would I speak to, to get a refund of race change tokens.

Hey @BlakMarket our Support team should be able to help you out with this. I'm checking on what ticket category they'd recommend you use. Are you also looking to switch your characters back to their original races?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is unbelievable. for the Problems with (mostly useless) companions, we get hot fixes and server maintenance but for a bug such as this we have to wait for more than a week despite fix being there and on top, console has to wait even longer.

Clearly shows where the priorities are...PC fixes get delayed now too because of Stadia...which how many people use again?
    Edited by UrbanMonk on June 8, 2021 10:11AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Type your comment
    Edited by Ethardt on June 8, 2021 10:59AM
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    because of Stadia...which how many people use again?

I am one of them. It is great, to run ESO or other games on a mid-class computer without expensive graphics card. :)

Apart from that I personally prefer getting a patch that is well tested instead of causing a lot of new problems.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

The range bug and set bonus bug should also be fixed in the first incremental. The Companion item loss bug was actually able to be hotfixed with launch so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭

The range bug and set bonus bug should also be fixed in the first incremental. The Companion item loss bug was actually able to be hotfixed with launch so that shouldn't be an issue.

Hi Gina,

What is the reason for updates that affect the game so much to be released in incremental patches as opposed to being fixed as soon as possible? Is it due to contracts? - if yes, can these contracts be revisited please.

It is kind of ridiculous if we as a PC community are waiting for the update due to stadia. Knowing the size of the active player base for pc on Stadia compared to alternatives would also be interesting if that is available to us.

If the issue is that it is simply a long process and you do not have the man power, then why are more people not being hired - or why are peoples errors not being detected before release. Maybe you need better skilled people. People are being allowed to make mistakes time and time again. Maybe you need better processes to detect errors.

Now it looks like I am being hyper critical on the coders, but this is not the first incident - by far. There have been issues throughout my entire time playing the game and lots have been worse than this. A LOT worse.

Maybe your first fix doesn't work instantly, but that would be fine as long as it was clear you were trying actively to do it as fast as possible - I think we as a community would like to think that you are trying to push out patch updates as soon as possible when there are bugs like this in the game. Currently, I do not feel like you are doing all you can for your paying customers and just stretching money as thinly as possible.

Please just tell us there is stuff being done to try and improve the timely release of bug fixes because people are not happy.

Other MMOs don't have users describe past patches by relating them to the bugs rather than their actual content like ESO
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a relief, thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Honestly this is crazy I changed two toons from nord to imperial because of sustain issues, to realize it was a BUG!!!!!!!! Who would I speak to, to get a refund of race change tokens.

Hey @BlakMarket our Support team should be able to help you out with this. I'm checking on what ticket category they'd recommend you use. Are you also looking to switch your characters back to their original races?

Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom have the bugs been fixed? Also thank you kindly for reaching out! That information on support ticket would be great. I will play the classes I have changed and see how they feel after the 'fixes' and if sustain is still an issue, I will probably keep them as imperial.

But on a serious note, it's sad I cant trust sets anymore after these bugs. I'm losing hope with this game, I really hope you guys can iron out all these bugs, it's my favorite game & play daily, but these issues are beyond frustrating/disheartening.

Thanks again for your time, Jessica!

Mateo
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calypso589 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Love you for putting up with what you do. So much ignorance in here. Yeesh.

I hope the studio has a rage room. :P

I must agree. It probably is a thankless job. One of many in the world these days. However, what you are attributing to ignorance might just be frustration from a game that has been in existence for what ... 7 years now? While it isn't Gina's fault, the game play just keeps deteriorating, why aren't these things being addressed? If we want to express our concerns in a place that is supposed to make a difference, the forums are all we've got unless we contact the BBB, and THEY haven't been able to fix anything either! LOL

These things that are now broken are not just small annoyances at this point. These are major things that are game breaking and fixing something like this 2 weeks to a month later isn't good policy. Let's stop working on new mounts and *** like that until we can safely say that these major issues are resolved.

Games are meant to be enjoyed and provide an escape from this completely messed up world. We shouldn't log off this game at the end of the day more frustrated than when we logged on.
    Edited by Earthewen on June 8, 2021 1:21PM
  • KPC13
    KPC13
    ✭✭
    Look I work in Games recruitment, I know how difficult it can be to detect these bugs, find the people to fix them and release a product like this in good time. It's a nightmare and even if a coder put this bug in I'm not angry at them.

However, this was a business decision, to release planned content so frequently and not delay it when known bugs were in the code, now for small bugs this is fine, hell even set breaking bugs I could live with but this block bug ruins the entire tanking role.

I main a tank and there is no chance I can do TTT or even VSS with how bad this bug is and i'm a console player so I just paid £32 +£10 a month for a game I'm severely limited in playing as 99% of what I do is end game trials.

As a business you had the choice to delay this and you chose not to, that's hardly listening to fans, so technical issues aside my complaint is you clearly are not listening to your player base, just the fat cats telling you how much each release is worth and what the cost of a delay would be.

Then another business decision to say rather than working on it immediately, you can live with it for a few weeks, that's absurd customer service. I know it's not any one persons fault but this is terrible mis-management.
  • L33T_BEANS
    L33T_BEANS
    ✭✭
    EpicHero wrote: »
    Here's your new car... we know the brakes don't work, but we will fix that in the next inspection. Enjoy!

When did it become ok to knowingly release broken products?

Postpone the release and release it with the fix... Not knowingly break a whole class, and just release anyways?
    So what are tanks now supposed to do, not block? In vet dungeons and trials?

Or are they not supposed to play for a few weeks?

This is just totally not acceptable...

I notice the stamina sustain dropping but you can still play tank more or less just fine. I've done some vet Trials/dungeons and the new trial while the bug persisted. I don't think the problem is as dire that it excludes tanks from playing content. It's a nuisance that I wish was fixed sooner but I can deal with it for now.
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is beyond game breaking for PvE. This needs fixed ASAP. Not weeks from now. Don't care how you get it done, but do it, now!
    Edited by LordSarevok on June 9, 2021 5:08AM
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭

Please allow me to understand:
    1. on June 2nd you receive (here) a notification of a bug that breaks the game basics
    2. On June 7th you find the bug (5 days later) and correct it.
    3. On June 8th the launch on Consoles was scheduled and, knowing it had such an important bug, you did.... nothing... proceeded as scheduled

While I realize from 7 to 8 there's not enough time to push a build... 5 days to fix a gamebreaking bug like this (hitting PVP and PVE alike) might tip not enough effort/skills into it.

And proceeding with the launch despite this... i hope you realize how players feels: like the passengers of a ship (ESO) that is KNOWN to have issues but the commander (ZOS) sails anyway because else he'd have to refund some ticket (Blackwood chapter) due to delay of launch-date and pre-orders.

If you KNOW consoles especially have to cope with wathever you push live for at least 2 weeks... you should be VERY sure that wathever you push is working, at the very least, in its core functions (we can cope some inventory bug but if you mess up the combat you mess up too deep).

I'll ask for ESO plus refund as i wont even play until the patch goes live.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with what you said @Noldornir , but for them the schedule is everything.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long to get a fix. They said something about a console incremental patch, lol I didn’t think we even had those.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    They said something about a console incremental patch, lol I didn’t think we even had those.

This is not fixed in the stone but generally i noticed this:

We get 1 mainteance/week when servers stops, updates and reboot. This is a server-side incremental patch, does not require you to download anything, whatever can be fixed server-side excusively can be fixed here but NOT if the fix includes changes in the client.

Every 2 weeks or so we get to DL a client update in our system too. This is a client and server side incremental patch where both are updated. Note that Sony, as many others, will not allow a software house to push too many builds in a restricted amount of time. On very rare occasions ttho Sony might DEMAND a fix in a shourter amount of time tho: remember what happened whem, couple patches ago, the game was crashing every 10 minutes on bluescreen?

Many ppl used the build-in error reporting tool (alas available only for "bluescreens") so Sony been covered with those and FORCED ZoS to patch that before the usual amount of time (a game making user unhappy is a game ppl might ask refund for, Sony as any other company does not like when this happens and they might even decide to remove a game from the store in extreme cases).

I believe 2 weeks is, pretty much, the time required to push a build, get it accepted etc. this can't be hastened by ZoS in any way (but could be prevented by not pushing live a build containing known major bugs)
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »
    <snip>

While I realize from 7 to 8 there's not enough time to push a build... 5 days to fix a gamebreaking bug like this (hitting PVP and PVE alike) might tip not enough effort/skills into it.

And proceeding with the launch despite this... i hope you realize how players feels: like the passengers of a ship (ESO) that is KNOWN to have issues but the commander (ZOS) sails anyway because else he'd have to refund some ticket (Blackwood chapter) due to delay of launch-date and pre-orders.

If you KNOW consoles especially have to cope with wathever you push live for at least 2 weeks... you should be VERY sure that wathever you push is working, at the very least, in its core functions (we can cope some inventory bug but if you mess up the combat you mess up too deep).

<snip>

What you may be unaware of is that console patches have to be vetted by Sony and Microsoft. This is a long and painful process. There are no hotfixes in this realm. Once they get the approval to go on a patch, that's all they are allowed to push live. So if they find something after that build has gone for approval, they have to wait. That's just the proceedure for console.

PCNA
    PCEU
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    <snip>

<snip>

What you may be unaware of is that console patches have to be vetted by Sony and Microsoft. This is a long and painful process. There are no hotfixes in this realm. Once they get the approval to go on a patch, that's all they are allowed to push live. So if they find something after that build has gone for approval, they have to wait. That's just the proceedure for console.

I am perfectly aware of this, what I said is if you find that the approved build which is scheduled to go live (let's say) tomorrow has a major bug you can abort the launch.

You will not be allowed to replace said build with another (unapproved) one even assuming this one is better but you are not forced to go live with the "broken" build.

Imagine if the bug was giving around crowns instead of gold from drop...

Pc server would have been turned off as soon as discovered and patch deployed asap before rebooting.

Console would have never seen such a patch live, with not enough time to require a new build approval they would have delayed the launch keeping the old build (approved way before since it's live already)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They said something about a console incremental patch, lol I didn’t think we even had those.

We get 1 mainteance/week when servers stops, updates and reboot. This is a server-side incremental patch, does not require you to download anything, whatever can be fixed server-side excusively can be fixed here but NOT if the fix includes changes in the client.

Every 2 weeks or so we get to DL a client update in our system too. This is a client and server side incremental patch where both are updated. Note that Sony, as many others, will not allow a software house to push too many builds in a restricted amount of time. On very rare occasions ttho Sony might DEMAND a fix in a shourter amount of time tho: remember what happened whem, couple patches ago, the game was crashing every 10 minutes on bluescreen?

Many ppl used the build-in error reporting tool (alas available only for "bluescreens") so Sony been covered with those and FORCED ZoS to patch that before the usual amount of time (a game making user unhappy is a game ppl might ask refund for, Sony as any other company does not like when this happens and they might even decide to remove a game from the store in extreme cases).

I believe 2 weeks is, pretty much, the time required to push a build, get it accepted etc. this can't be hastened by ZoS in any way (but could be prevented by not pushing live a build containing known major bugs)

Many console players say they don’t bother reporting, but I do. Even if I get booted in the middle of a siege and want to get back hopefully before the AP tick, I put one in. Like you said, if it’s a game freeze you don’t have that option and have to close app and restart.

Good for Sony to look out for us on that one.

Yes, it would be nice if they could postpone the update for us when there are known major bugs, but my experience in software programming is that the people who make the decisions (the managers) see nothing wrong with patching it later because they view a schedule slip as the worst thing in the world. It is unfortunate but the way it is.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>
    Yes, it would be nice if they could postpone the update for us when there are known major bugs, but my experience in software programming is that the people who make the decisions (the managers) see nothing wrong with patching it later because they view a schedule slip as the worst thing in the world. It is unfortunate but the way it is.

Sad but yes. When the suits want it out, it goes out.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭

Many console players say they don’t bother reporting, but I do. Even if I get booted in the middle of a siege and want to get back hopefully before the AP tick, I put one in. Like you said, if it’s a game freeze you don’t have that option and have to close app and restart.

Good for Sony to look out for us on that one.

Little OT but just go clarify: if you submit bug via in-game built in support system (press option then navigate to help etc ) then it goes to Zos.

Only bugs going to Sony are the one after blue screen (you'll be promoted if you want to submit ticket with tech data attached every time the game cause a bluescreen) or ones you manually submit via support system
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    Hello, @ZOS_GinaBruno. I was just wondering if you have any news regarding the date for console's incremental patch? I've been hearing rumours it's next week when midyear mayhem goes live but would prefer something concrete if possible
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to chime in and say this bug also happens when sprinting and then stopping. It’ll tick normal cost then as soon as you stop it will drop a huge chunk of stamina. This occurred on all 3 healer, DD and tanks. Also having the bug where you will be at full stam and then 0. This was a previous bug that I thought was fixed. And lastly, maybe unrelated, character getting paralyzed. Meaning, can’t use skills or light or heavy attacks. Character just stutters or shakes. PS4 NA
    Edited by Avoranti on June 19, 2021 7:14PM