The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are wardens killing Cyrodiil?

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Morning-/day- capping is killing cyro, wardens are fine.

Half of the cyro pop is artic blast spammers and you claim wardens are fine? Lol

It's not like a warden could kill a warden, especially magicka ones.

People shouldn't be forced to play the meta class because of it's over performance.

There are ten other warden complaint posts on the pvp and alliance war boards. Warden players need to really consider just how ridiculously overpowered they are right now and even with the nerf to arctic it's not gonna change.

They don't need to be nerfed to death. That's not even a realistic possibility. They don't want to make those who paid for it mad or discourage others from buying it. But it very much can be balanced with some slight adjustments.

The other things players are saying are killing Cyrodiil are old issues. Server performance has been an ongoing issue for years. Same with tower games and unbalanced factions.

We are hemorrhaging players left and right because they're tired of being mowed down by 30 unkillable wardens and don't want to be forced to play one as well.

I highly doubt that wardens are the real reason players are leaving. Sorcs have been OP for years and no one left the game because of them. When Crimson was a thing no one said that DKs are killing cyro. Thing is PvP players in general will abuse any tool available to them if it gives even the smallest advantage. What really needs to be addressed is that any stamina class outshines magicka in PvP. There's no advantage in playing mag unless you're playing in a ball group or playing an overload sorc, riding a desync wave.

Also WDYM paid for it? Warden comes with Standard Edition. All classes are paid for since it's a B2P game.

Yes. Red population has gone to hell in BR on XB because another alliance embraced the warden meta. Watching 30+ wardens roll up on you because you dared to flag a resource gets old after the 20th time.

I know 21 people who have left Cyrodiil entirely. A few are playing other games.

Take a look at the forums here. Numerous active complaint threads. Zero threads about how wardens are perfectly balanced.

Also warden doesn't come with standard edition. You have to buy it with crowns.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Saying that people leave because Wardens is a joke.
    I'm in a couple of PvP guilds and PvE guilds that also do PvP, people leave becasue of the abysmal performance.

1500 Crown, what can you buy with 1500 crowns? Can you please stop with this pay-2-win nonsense?
    Edited by Marcus_Aurelius on June 1, 2021 7:01AM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    Tigor wrote: »
    Maybe Wardens are the most complete class...

That's the issue. They're great at everything and have no weaknesses.

I see it as a half full glass, and therefore I think they are not destroying Cyrodiil. But you are right about what a warden group could achieve , and if it would have an easy goal (intentions), something can be fine tuned to promote other classes.
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea
    Well, a couple days into the new meta, and it's like all those wardens rerolled NB...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea
    It's not just Cyrodiil. BGs is the same on Xbox NA.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    I was just taking solo a resource on my warden and 12 reds came and killed me :( this should not be possible on warden rite?
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea
    Overpowered class...clearly!!
    What do you expect? When you notice that it takes an army to kill a warden then you realise the game is rigged.
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    The average skill of someone who starts a "nerf warden" thread should be enough to dismiss their point of view.