The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Permanent companion gear loss bug

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the delay fixing the block cost bug? Where is the hotfix for this bug?

From past experience... They can only hotfix things on the server. If the block bug is fixed by something that also requires a client change, there is a 2 week delay while they futz about with certifications.

Besides, if you take the cynic's view, if they break two things every time they fix one thing, the last thing we want them to do is start fixing things. From my seat, it looks like it took them two hotfixes just to fix the companion gear problem, and the first time they tried, they created an exploit. :neutral:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The class rep in one of my guilds has said they are working on the block bug, but it sounds like the actual root of the issue is being elusive.
    I haven't noticeably encounter this myself, but fromt he ranting of my tanks I gather it is inconsistent and crippling when it occurs.
  • RlDDlCK
    RlDDlCK
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, do you know if this is fixed? I trusted their "hotfix" yesterday. It was a mistake.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def not fixed, lost my white gear again. While it doesn't cost much to replace it is still annoying.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Def not fixed, lost my white gear again. While it doesn't cost much to replace it is still annoying.

What were you doing/had you just done when that happened? Was it a queue popping for a dungeon? Switching characters?

I'm trying to keep my guild updated on the status of this bug, so I'd appreciate any details. It sounds like the devs need the help on this, too, from Jessica's post above.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

What were you doing/had you just done when that happened? Was it a queue popping for a dungeon? Switching characters?

I'm trying to keep my guild updated on the status of this bug, so I'd appreciate any details. It sounds like the devs need the help on this, too, from Jessica's post above.

I was switching zones, travelled from reapers march to blackwood and then the gears as gone. Might have to do with switching instances.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I was switching zones, travelled from reapers march to blackwood and then the gears as gone. Might have to do with switching instances.

Thanks @Wolfkeks and sorry to hear you're still encountering this. We are still investigating what seems like an edge case.

For those asking about the block bug in this thread, we just got verification this morning that a fix for it will be going into the next incremental patch.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks @Wolfkeks and sorry to hear you're still encountering this. We are still investigating what seems like an edge case.

For those asking about the block bug in this thread, we just got verification this morning that a fix for it will be going into the next incremental patch.

Oh good. When is that?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh good. When is that?

I expect a PC incremental patch next Monday. Every two weeks.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Oh good. When is that?

The next PC/Mac and Stadia incremental is currently on the schedule for June 14 (next Monday.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Is this bug going onto console tomorrow? If so, is there a timeframe for the fix by chance?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this bug going onto console tomorrow? If so, is there a timeframe for the fix by chance?

My guess at answer: No, not included in the Update or next gen console update. Will be fixed in a patch. My guess is the week of June 28. We will see what @ZOS_JessicaFolsom says, now. :smile:
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

My guess at answer: No, not included in the Update or next gen console update. Will be fixed in a patch. My guess is the week of June 28. We will see what @ZOS_JessicaFolsom says, now. :smile:

Agreed @Elsonso - was hoping for some clarification from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. Is this reproducible so I can at least tell people what NOT to do while the fix comes to console?
  • CountonMe
    CountonMe
    ✭✭✭
    What is the block bug that everyone is talking about? What does it do?
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CountonMe wrote: »
    What is the block bug that everyone is talking about? What does it do?

It basically makes you lose stamina twice: Once when you block, another time when you stop blocking.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/575535/block-cost-bug/p1
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Agreed @Elsonso - was hoping for some clarification from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. Is this reproducible so I can at least tell people what NOT to do while the fix comes to console?

Gina answered here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7283383/#Comment_7283383
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one noticed this morning that Mirri was walking around without the two pieces of green clothing this one had found for her. One was a belt. The other might, or might not have been, gloves.

The two unequipped, and unhelpful, weapons were still safe - and mostly useless.

With these two companions what use are a mace and an axe really?

Anyway this one put in a ticket for the process of it, though she fears her belt is lost in aetherius somewhere.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a standard reply saying this bug has been fixed.

While this one cannot say at which point her belt disappeared she knows she does not have a belt that once she possessed.

Is this fixed then? The issue may not reoccur but Mirri still does not have a belt with which to hold up her pants and adventuring may thus be precarious.

Perhaps, given the difficulty of finding companion gear and the impossibility of restoring each piece individually, it might be possible to supply all travellers with a bag of green companion gear in the mail?

It is not what has been lost but it is better than all the gear being gone forever.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Chalinal
    Chalinal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I bought Companion Gauntlets (blue quality, bolstered trait) from the "The Dark Merchants" vendor in Cormount, Grahtwood for 69,000g. I equipped the item on my companion, Bastian, and then ESO crashed after I tabbed out of the game (this has been happening since Blackwood release btw), and I logged back in to make sure the new gauntlets were still equipped, but they have been lost and the old, traitless white ones are still equipped and there is a duplicate in my inventory from the one that was swapped out when I equipped the new blue ones.

I submitted two tickets for this issue, both on June 5, 2021; the first one was a normal ticket, the second one was a "missing item" ticket. Both got auto-bot replies of no help. I replied to both "issue not resolved." I still have no response on either.

I would like to get my item that I purchased and equipped that disappeared into the ESO nether back please.

Thank you!
    • @Chalinal
    • PC - NA
    • Guildmaster of <Tamriel Emporium> crafting guild
    • J'Kharj - magicka Nightblade
    • Master Crafter in all professions with 9 traits and all styles
    • Furniture Crafting: Only missing a couple recipes
  • Raev37
    Raev37
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like they are closing my ticket without replacing any lost gear. Disappointing.

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to support.

The items from your Companions is unfortunately not able to be replaced. We believe the issue with them being lost has been fixed and should no longer occur.

If you worry about losing items, you can dismiss your Companion prior to moving between zones (or leaving a dungeon, delve, other other similar location). This can be be done very quickly by placing them into your Quick Slots for fast summoning and dismissing.

If you have any other questions, please reply back and I will do whatever I can to help further.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raev37 wrote: »
    Looks like they are closing my ticket without replacing any lost gear. Disappointing.

Not unexpected, though.
  • RizzlyBear
    RizzlyBear
    ✭✭✭
    Chalinal wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I bought Companion Gauntlets (blue quality, bolstered trait) from the "The Dark Merchants" vendor in Cormount, Grahtwood for 69,000g. I equipped the item on my companion, Bastian, and then ESO crashed after I tabbed out of the game (this has been happening since Blackwood release btw), and I logged back in to make sure the new gauntlets were still equipped, but they have been lost and the old, traitless white ones are still equipped and there is a duplicate in my inventory from the one that was swapped out when I equipped the new blue ones.

I submitted two tickets for this issue, both on June 5, 2021; the first one was a normal ticket, the second one was a "missing item" ticket. Both got auto-bot replies of no help. I replied to both "issue not resolved." I still have no response on either.

I would like to get my item that I purchased and equipped that disappeared into the ESO nether back please.

Thank you!

you won't get the items back. Maybe not even the gold. They already made it clear they can't refund anything. Nice tactic.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this fixed now?. There was nothing in the patch notes.
    PC EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this fixed now?. There was nothing in the patch notes.

For the block bug?

“Fixed an issue where blocking attacks could appear desynced in cost, charging more Stamina than intended and later returning it after you stopped blocking.”

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577376/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-0-6#latest
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If referencing the lost gear bug, I believe they have that issue fixed. I'm running all green and blue on my companion and haven't had anything go missing yet.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just activated Mirri 2 days ago. A ring and a blue bow are missing. I only checked because everyone was posting here. I thought this was fixed?
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I correct myself its just the ring I found. The bow is there.
    PCNA
    PCEU