The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Intelectual quests, hard pazzles

HyekAr
HyekAr
✭✭✭
Hi,

Ia came up with this because after 1 months playing the game become hit and run. I dont read quests at all. Bcz the end is always the same, I have to run, kill, and bring something.

Well most of the quest in most of the games are the same. But, I saw here some quests which are like a puzzle where ONE need to find a clues to resolve them. And sometimes the clue is in the convasation. Or in a letter. Or book.

The problem comes when, ONE doesnt need to read anything, bcz there is always evident arrow which will show U.

I think as much harder is the quest, much interesting is the game. Also it would be cool already know what rewards I will get for that quest, before starting it. Or atleast show some of the rewards.

For example, if I have to bring some piece of an animal, so just tell me the ground area where it is and animal I have to fight, no need of showing the animal with the arrow.

Make me read the lore to get clues, share it in forum, I think the guys who were writing the lore will apreaciate it, bcz we will be reading it.

Thabk You
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every storyline has at least one harder puzzle (most of them are not really that hard, though).
    But I'd also like to see a zone with advanced quests and puzzles, that can't be solved by googling (i.e. individual solutions).

I formerly played a MMOG, with quests and storylines so hard, it took years to solve them, many remain unsolved. That was so much more fun than "go there, collect 3 flowers, quest done".
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    Hi,

<Snip>

The problem comes when, ONE doesnt need to read anything, bcz there is always evident arrow which will show U.

<Snip>

I'm not 100% on this, and I can't check as the servers are down - but are the 'Arrows' not part of an UI assistance toggle that you can switch on/off?

I would agree about the puzzles though, ones where you have to think logically or have to search the room for the clues - those are great. Even those where you have to place an item and you have a choice of 3 ... except that getting it wrong has no effect on the character so it just becomes a case of 'trial and error'. Even if it was just a small reward like 30G for getting right 1st time, 20G for 2nd time and 10G for 3rd etc.

• HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    Every storyline has at least one harder puzzle (most of them are not really that hard, though).
    But I'd also like to see a zone with advanced quests and puzzles, that can't be solved by googling (i.e. individual solutions).

I formerly played a MMOG, with quests and storylines so hard, it took years to solve them, many remain unsolved. That was so much more fun than "go there, collect 3 flowers, quest done".

Yes, I think the same way.. it seems like everything the same exception some quests..
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    JARTHEGREY wrote: »
    HyekAr wrote: »
    Hi,

<Snip>

<Snip>

I'm not 100% on this, and I can't check as the servers are down - but are the 'Arrows' not part of an UI assistance toggle that you can switch on/off?

I would agree about the puzzles though, ones where you have to think logically or have to search the room for the clues - those are great. Even those where you have to place an item and you have a choice of 3 ... except that getting it wrong has no effect on the character so it just becomes a case of 'trial and error'. Even if it was just a small reward like 30G for getting right 1st time, 20G for 2nd time and 10G for 3rd etc.

I was playing a MMO where some quests if you cant solve then at first, they automatically cancel and one needs to start again.

I only saw few quests, like the dragon storyline and some more where you have a puzzle
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »

What was the name of the game?

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devs probably want the content to be maximally approachable for anyone no matter their mental capabilities, not that they're wrong at it as even forums are full of people having no idea what they are doing and can't even grasp basic and obvious combat mechanics of the game. It's surely not going anywhere as playerbase is still the same people and their aim is to be an easy stress-less game you can just click through.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Devs probably want the content to be maximally approachable for anyone no matter their mental capabilities, not that they're wrong at it as even forums are full of people having no idea what they are doing and can't even grasp basic and obvious combat mechanics of the game. It's surely not going anywhere as playerbase is still the same people and their aim is to be an easy stress-less game you can just click through.

I have nothing against it. But I think there should be separated quests, very hard ones. And dificult to pass, so not everyone could do it. Sell them for 100 crowns each, with unique item if U pass the quest.

So there will be stress-less "hit and run" quests, and hardcore quests. I wouldnt mind to pay for a good quest.

Like, when U buy an item from store, why not make it with quest? Like aedons for ur pet, or a special skin for ur pet. Or special pet.

Apart of that, there should be ingame quests very very hard ones, so it niether guarantee u pass it. Which give U special item

I also think that they want ppl run fast the level to get to the endgame. But as per me and ppl like me, players who started now, and like the pve part, it makes game be borring
    Edited by HyekAr on June 6, 2021 12:01PM