Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Permanent companion gear loss bug

• Sapheris
    Sapheris
    Soul Shriven
    Mine just lost it's gear. Been farming the gear since release, now i lock in after hotfix and everything is gone
  • Xour
    Xour
    This is STILL happening. I just did a dungeon with Mirri out (forgot to dismiss her), and the gear is now gone, along with her nice Resto Staff with Healing trait.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have bought gear for my companions and equipped it. When I logged in again, the bought gear was gone, but replaced with the normal gear again.

Strange.... :/
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • RlDDlCK
    RlDDlCK
    ✭✭✭
    I am kindly asking you to respect the time I spent on getting this and return the lost gear (or it's in-game currency equivalent) to my account.

Items lost yesterday:
    1) Companion’s Breeches. Purple quality. Trait - I don't remember.
    2) Companion’s Necklace. Blue quality. Trait - I don't remember.

UPDATE (after hot fix):
    I grinded today in the morning (after the update). RELOG -> GONE AGAIN!
    Items lost today:
    1) Green resto staff
    2) Blue ring

Ticket and support did not resolve an issue.

Edited by RlDDlCK on June 4, 2021 6:38PM
  • TapikUA
    TapikUA
    Soul Shriven
    For me, no companion items were dropped at all, and I almost finish the main storyline :(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xour wrote: »
    This is STILL happening. I just did a dungeon with Mirri out (forgot to dismiss her), and the gear is now gone, along with her nice Resto Staff with Healing trait.

Thanks. Who thinks that ZOS will spend the next week in denial, then schedule it for some future patch, but we will still be waiting next year? :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • PeachVsEggplant
    This same thing happened to me! I had to buy all new gear :( I even reported the bug
  • gronkdamage
    gronkdamage
    ✭✭✭
    TapikUA wrote: »
    For me, no companion items were dropped at all, and I almost finish the main storyline :(
    How many bosses did you kill?

But yeah, gear drops suck. Of course so do companions... They're all but worthless - except clearing trash mobs (which isn't a problem...)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is still being reported as a problem for players after this morning's fix. Hopefully ZOS will be able to figure out what's going on soon. <crossing fingers>
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • kimmycolden
    kimmycolden
    Soul Shriven
    my mirri still lost her gear even after update, just log in and all her gear is lost but bastian stil have his gear
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirmed that it's still broken. Just equipped Bastian with a green lightning staff. Then I logged out to eat. Logged back in and saw that his equipped staff is now on fire again. Checked his inventory and yep - we now have TWO starter inferno staves, and no lightning staff.

h4KWfcY.png

I tried relogging and zoning, and this appears to be permanent.

Ticket: 210604-006327
    Edited by cyclonus11 on June 5, 2021 1:37AM
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, got Mirri to 20 and decided to level her staff skill, blue inferno with crit. equipped it, confirmed it would bind. Re-logged to another character and it went back to the green bow she had before. Inferno staff is no more :(
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao still lost my companion's gear 😅😭
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you all leaving your companions summoned when logging out? I've noticed they auto-summon when you log into another character that you left them summoned... so I've started unsummoning them before logging off so that they are NEVER still summoned on any of my other characters. I don't know if this is the cause, but I have yet to lose any gear by doing this.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    So are you all leaving your companions summoned when logging out? I've noticed they auto-summon when you log into another character that you left them summoned... so I've started unsummoning them before logging off so that they are NEVER still summoned on any of my other characters. I don't know if this is the cause, but I have yet to lose any gear by doing this.

ok, so I tested this and you seem to be correct, leaving my companion summoned on switching character and gear is gone, dismissing them and switching character, it's still there. There must be some save function that is not working unless you dismiss first
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lordspyder wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »

ok, so I tested this and you seem to be correct, leaving my companion summoned on switching character and gear is gone, dismissing them and switching character, it's still there. There must be some save function that is not working unless you dismiss first

@ZOS_GinaBruno Sorry to keep directing these at you... but perhaps this is also something that needs to be looked at. Logging out on a character while leaving the companion summoned, could perhaps be causing an account wide de-sync if they are also summoned on other logged out characters.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I lost gear by simply logging out and back in - my companion isn't summoned by any other character
  • Raev37
    Raev37
    Soul Shriven
    Mirri's gear is STILL missing (from 6/2). Just received an email on my ticket asking for a screenshot of the gear I lost(!)... 4 green items and the rest her original gear. Doesn't ZOS have records of my loot for those two days?! Do we really need to prove what we lost?
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this after their first fix, and the second fix in the night? I see the timestamp is post-fix 2?
    @cyclonus11?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

The hotfix we ran this morning should have stopped new cases of equipped Companion gear loss (and a related specific exploit.) Unfortunately, the fix was not to replace previously lost gear. If you encounter a new situation where your Companion loses their equipped gear, after this morning's hotfix, please let us know with as many details as can.

Thank you, everyone. We know this one has been frustrating and we appreciate the information everyone has provided.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thanks for the update. Does this fix also apply going forward to console players or will this big exist at time of launch to be fixed in a later patch?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I haven't lost any gear yet but i noticed that the companions are always naked for a split second every time you travel.
    I'm guessing ESO makes a call to the server about their gear every time you zone into a new area and if that call is lost in space, your companion stays naked.
    If it were just "lost in the mail" then the next time you zoned, the items would return.
    Not if both sides fail to "no gear" when the communication fails. In that case, the server would conclude that your companion has no gear anymore and thus everything will be lost.

I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of logic made it through ZOS QA ...
    dry.gif

• FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of this morning... @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are there patch notes?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of this morning... @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are there patch notes?

I am thinking that the comment that Jessica posted just above count as the "patch notes" you are looking for.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 5, 2021 11:38PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While doing a dolmen I received a BLUE COMPANION JERKIN. Shortly thereafter I opened my banker and the jerkin was missing from my character's inventory. Gone.

Given that companion gear drops are outrageously rare this an egregious bug and recompense must be made.
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    While doing a dolmen I received a BLUE COMPANION JERKIN. Shortly thereafter I opened my banker and the jerkin was missing from my character's inventory. Gone.

Given that companion gear drops are outrageously rare this an egregious bug and recompense must be made.

Did you check your Companions gear inventory? I noticed last night that gear appeared there and not in the my characters inventory. had to equip on the companion then unequip for it to show up. Haven't been able to test this after today's hot fix to see if its still happens.
  • RizzlyBear
    RizzlyBear
    ✭✭✭
    Support doesn't care about your companion's lost gear. The only response I'm getting is "we fixed the bug". They don't even mention restoring the gear after multiple times I asked for it. I guess it's my fault for losing it.
    Edited by RizzlyBear on June 6, 2021 7:58AM
  • Wamuli
    Wamuli
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    So does "The hotfix we ran this morning should have stopped new cases of equipped Companion gear loss (and a related specific exploit.)" actually mean now that I can, without any fear, equip my companions gear? Or does it just mean that you hate those few exploting the bug and do not give a second thought about those who lost a ton of gear?

The point is: You used the wording "should have" instead of "has" which does not guarantee a fix...
    Sapienti sat

PS4 total ingame playtime from release to 11/2018: 85+ days
    PC total ingame playtime since 02/2020: 42+ days
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wamuli wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    So does "The hotfix we ran this morning should have stopped new cases of equipped Companion gear loss (and a related specific exploit.)" actually mean now that I can, without any fear, equip my companions gear? Or does it just mean that you hate those few exploting the bug and do not give a second thought about those who lost a ton of gear?

The point is: You used the wording "should have" instead of "has" which does not guarantee a fix...

No fix is ever guaranteed to work unless it a trivial issue.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

The hotfix we ran this morning should have stopped new cases of equipped Companion gear loss (and a related specific exploit.) Unfortunately, the fix was not to replace previously lost gear. If you encounter a new situation where your Companion loses their equipped gear, after this morning's hotfix, please let us know with as many details as can.

Thank you, everyone. We know this one has been frustrating and we appreciate the information everyone has provided.

Why the delay fixing the block cost bug? Where is the hotfix for this bug?