The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite set in the game?

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously, Mad Tinkerer is one of my favorites for casusl solo play. Knocking enemies up in the air is hilarious, and also cuts incoming damage a bit. Plus an AoE damage proc is nice in a casual solo context.

I am sad that proc sets are being so greatly nerfed.

That is a seriously fun set. The only thing that it's missing is a bowling pins being knocked around sound effect! :D

Every time I see someone else using it when I'm not expecting it, I can't help but grin like an idiot and blow a little extra air out my nostrils. :P
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthgore - thematically appealing to my character of choice, and I enjoy having a powerful CD heal that I cam semi control.

Transmutation - even after its nerf, and the change to passive exit resistance, this set has become comfort food of sorts for me. It will always have a place.

Pariah - risk/reward dynamics or things similar to them, are always good design in my mind. Pariah feels good to me because it always serves its purpose when its primary purpose is explicitly needed.

The original wizards riposte with morrowind release was love at first sight for my build and playstyle but sadly that doesnt exist anymore.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of proc sets have cool visuals: morkuldin, aegis caller, mad tinkerer... I've always liked grothdarr in that regard. As for functionality, probably vicious ophidian because it's an all-around good set (and it also looks cool as well with the speedy aura).
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essence Thief
    https://eso-sets.com/set/essence-thief

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Dealing damage with a Light or Heavy Attack draws essence from the enemy that pools near them for 5 seconds. Drawing from the pool heals you for 4356 Health, restores 4356 Stamina, and increases your damage done by 10% for 10 seconds. A pool can only be created once every 10 seconds.

Probably best set for solo play for stamina. You get healing, sustain and dmg boost, but it requires you to play its "mini game". But with some practise, you will even forget you are doing it. It is a "proc" set that does not play the game for you, you need to play actively. I :heart: this set.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fave set? Not tellin'. That'll get it nerfed for sure. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Can't tell some of my SUPER favorite sets because they're themed for my characters and I don't want people purposefully copying me, either because it's good to run for its role or because the theme is just "cool."

But I'll mention one set from each character I built or am building and why:

Relequen's: My element is wind, so having a wind theme damage set is nice (:

Twice Born Star: Because this is the BASE set for a hybrid character. My MagStamDK runs melee weapons and many magicka attacks using this set. I enjoy magicka abilities with weapons. So I play ESO solely to make viable hybrid resource or damage characters. (This isn't my FAV hyrbid build, but I won't say what the other is--and it isn't Pelinals or New Moon Acolyte. It tried those sets and they just don't perform as well as one may think).

Permafrost: For Frost Tank. Keeps a theme, while adding to Magicka pool for blocking, health, Magicka regen, and health regen.

Knight Slayer: Daedric Dark Magic theme. For my Dark-Magic Sorc. No stupid summons. No LIGHTNING! Just good ol oblivion black magic.

Hawk's Eye: Bow/Bow build for my Warden. Ranger theme.

Poisonous Serpent: Poison StamDK build. This set is similar to my MagStamDK's original build before recent set nerf: Way of the Fire, in that it buffs your light attacks for strong LA weaving incentives.

Frost Watcher: For my Frosty StamDen Tank. Uses 1H&Sh, although I wish this set was Magicka instead of Stamina for my other "Ice Staff" Frost-Tank. I coupled Stone Watcher with this set to make a Icey-Stoneman tank. Boring though, and I hate how easy Harbinger's is to cheese fights. Just heal and let your enemies kill themselves is meh...
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine are probably Scathing Mage, Moon Hunter, and Gossamer - all flawed sets but quite powerful if you build correctly for them.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine are probably Scathing Mage, Moon Hunter, and Gossamer - all flawed sets but quite powerful if you build correctly for them.

Have you ever found a way to put Scathing Mage on par with things like Mother's Sorrow, BSW, etc.? I've wanted to make that set work for like 5 consecutive forevers now, but I always lose a hefty portion of my DPS vs the classic stronger sets.

I'm okay with using stuff in the B tier, but I always kind of got the impression that I was just missing some secret knowledge to make Scathing awesome; ya know what I mean? It seems like it should be a top-tier contender, on paper. I assume it's that damn 20% chance that keeps it from true greatness...
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Innate Axiom
    Lamia's Song (healer)
    New Moon Acolyte (5% increases skill cost is overkill)
    Shacklebreaker

Coming soon: Heartland Conquerer
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell Power Cure.

Cause I will never ever forget the grind to farm a full set. Back in the days, when you couldn't even trade gear between group-mates. This set has made every detail, sound, line and corner of White Gold Tower forever engraved in my mind. Also all those key fragments I bought in desperation, only to get nothing useful from the vault, like never ever ever.
    Edited by Calandrae on June 1, 2021 1:12PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad tinkerer for solo play, and sometimes in dungeons with a tank that knows what is going on and how to work with it. There's something wonderful when questing about looting a quest boss embedded in the ceiling.

Winter's respite for the ability to drop heals whilst doing damage.

Visually and also because it was the first 5 piece set I ever got in game thunderbug, especially combined with ilambris on a sorc tank. With lightning form as well you really are a walking ball of lightning.

For tanking battalion defender, it's a great group heal buff and far better than ebon IMHO.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Essence Thief
    https://eso-sets.com/set/essence-thief

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Dealing damage with a Light or Heavy Attack draws essence from the enemy that pools near them for 5 seconds. Drawing from the pool heals you for 4356 Health, restores 4356 Stamina, and increases your damage done by 10% for 10 seconds. A pool can only be created once every 10 seconds.

Probably best set for solo play for stamina. You get healing, sustain and dmg boost, but it requires you to play its "mini game". But with some practise, you will even forget you are doing it. It is a "proc" set that does not play the game for you, you need to play actively. I :heart: this set.

I run this on my tank as a backup when my pug leaves me no other choice but to perma block. It's block, block, block, heavy, block and step in pool, block and more block...
  • dowkkono
    dowkkono
    ✭✭
    •Hunding’s Rage/Julianos
    •Strength of the Automaton/War Maiden
    •Balorgh, Troll King & Grothdarr
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal, no contest
  • Jamerth
    Jamerth
    ✭✭✭
    Ilambris - before U30 i liked it because of cool animation, high uptime and good damage, now that it has been nerfed and the animation was changed only for the even cooler animation - both fire and lightning storm :D
    Mother Ciannait - good shield, easy proc, very nice blueish egg shaped shield that surrounds the character and doubles as light source in dark environments. Too bad that it always bugs out, the animation remaining active even when the shield is not on.
    Edited by Jamerth on June 4, 2021 1:22PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilambris - before U30 i liked it because of cool animation, high uptime and good damage, now that it has been nerfed and the animation was changed only for the even cooler animation - both fire and lightning storm :D
    Mother Ciannait - good shield, easy proc, very nice blueish egg shaped shield that surrounds the character and doubles as light source in dark environments. Too bad that it always bugs out, the animation remaining active even when the shield is not on.

The Ilambris change kind of stings a little bit more for us veteran who remember when both the Fire & Lightning used to be able to proc simultaneously at full power back in the day!

They finally gave that ability back (after, what? two years?)... but only when they were nerfing all such sets heavily at the same time. :/
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicious Ophidian and False God's Devotion, the grown up siblings of Hunding's and Julianos as solid backbone sets.

Also the new Heartland Conqueror set from a versatility perspective, I hope they continue making creative sets like this, rather than ones that are more of the same "do X for Y more weapon/spell damage/crit".

PC NA
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this moment? Diamond's Victory. It is such a fun to test it and see which class would work with it and which not. And dmg boost is great ;)

But before that it was Kvatch Gladiator ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on June 4, 2021 3:45PM
  • Brenil
    Brenil
    ✭✭
    Thews of the Harbinger.

Because of the block bug, I cannot really test how effective (or ineffective) this set has become after the latest patch; however I still enjoy the concept of being a reflect tank. I know fellow PvPers probably hate this set, but that's only to hide their own embarrassment at killing themselves against it.

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every single one of my mag DPS toons that I play with any sort of regularity wears a set of False Gods. Perhaps not the ultimate BiS (I've not yet obtained the Medusa fire stick, so I don't use that set), but it's really nice to not have to worry about sustain. I can use more damaging skills without having to worry about skills that provide only sustain.

Valkyn Skoria- the nerf to that one makes me really sad because it got nerfed into uselessness. I love the comet proc :(

Nerien'eth- also a really fun proc with the exploding crystals, also RIP in U30

Grothdarr- again, fun proc and again, RIP

Mad Tinkerer- god I love that little fabricant. And god do I miss that set pulling halfway decent DPS...

ZOS plz bring back my mag sets; right now all of my mag chars are wearing FG, Mother's Sorrow, and 1 pc Slimecraw and 1 pc Zaan/grundwulf/iceheart/whatever crit piece I can find