The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is your favorite set in the game?

Starlight_Whisper
Starlight_Whisper
✭✭✭✭✭
And why
Edited by Starlight_Whisper on May 23, 2021 5:08AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Julianos cuz I'm old and I remember when it was BIS but I also like the crit.
    • Balrog cuz damage and it has a nice visual effect
    • Bloodspawn cuz the stam recovery on magic builds is a life saver and the 2pc used to be really good (IDK if it's still good)
    • Transmutation back when magblade didn't suck butt crumbs.
    • Caluurion's legacy from a design stance is interesting and looks cool. On top of that it has a very clear visual and audio indicator and provided you don't lag out it's a very fair set to use while also being useful. Back before summerset I would do Julianos front bar and Caluurion's back for for extra dmg. Otherwise I'd use lich back bar or transmutation.
    • Back when it came out Amberplasm used to be awesome for DW Magblade and it's still alright now but not as good.
    • I have this very obscure love for Grothdarr, I had a very weird playstyle for magblade and even though I was ranged I was always in people's faces, as such Grothdarr was super useful and even helped bring people out of cloak sometimes.

There's a couple more I like but w/e. You can obviously tell I played Magicka.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vicious Death cuz BOOM BOOM
  • Skazur
    Skazur
    ✭✭
    Crimson because it makes my tanking job easier and less stressful.
    Weave in 1-3 dmg-skills and you're able to bring some noteworthy dps while being tanky.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PvE: Martial Knowledge
    It adds an interessting new aspect to the game as you now also have to keep an eye on your stamina which otherwise rarley is the case as healer or magicka dd.

For PvP: Vicious Death
    Wait...wait...be patient...wait...BOOM!
    Nothing more satisfying than saving a keep from being captured by a zerg while just being one or two players of your own alliance.
    Bonus points when players you killed congratulate you :D
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vicious Death is a pretty top contender. Hard to name a more impactful set. Think about it, which other sets change the way YOU play to such a noticeable degree when OTHER PEOPLE are wearing them. Not to mention just how damn cool the effect is. Even when I'm on the receiving end, it's just so awesome to witness the fiery domino-effect of death that happens on good VD chain reaction apocalypses. Puts a smile on my face every time. Plus I just kind of like the balanced trifecta of Spell Damage, Max Magicka, Spell Crit it gives... even if those aren't the best stats I dig the well-roundedness of it for some dumb reason. I honestly wish we had more similar / clone VD sets, just for flavor; particularly a blood-themed one for Vampires, and a "generic" golden light themed one for Templars / Magic Damage.

Relequen is a good one, too! Very strong, but also very thematic. I really like the whole lacerating winds aesthetic for my Hurricane-dancing Stam Sorc. I'd use it even if the damage was garbage... but luckily it's really powerful in most situations! Pair it up with the also-excellent Vicious Ophidian set and you have a very on-theme combo, since the speed bonus from VO gives you white streaks on your hands and feet while you're zooming around with that speed buff! Possibly my favorite build to play, really.

But I think I gotta give the nod to Spell Power Cure at the end of the day. It's just such a classic! Good stats, good (yet subtle!) VFX, and GREAT group utility... it's just gotta be the GOAT set for ESO, right? Plus, who doesn't love that little "Fwoom!" sound effect?! And it's one of the few support sets that is still powerful enough to run when solo, which is nice for when you've got non-group things to do on those characters. More support sets should be made in SPC's image, imo. (But maybe with a Crit Chance line, instead of 2 Max Resource lines... pretty please?!)
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice Born Star (PVE)

for the generalist

Massive flexibility of swapping out Mundus stones and you get two!
    Better with Divines!

Want more crit? Want more Magicka? Waiting, now I need Stamina! Now i need move move a bit faster!
    Seek ye old stones of Mundi!

The increase in health, magicka, and stamina is a nice touch.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Twice Born Star (PVE)

for the generalist

Massive flexibility of swapping out Mundus stones and you get two!
    Better with Divines!

Want more crit? Want more Magicka? Waiting, now I need Stamina! Now i need move move a bit faster!
    Seek ye old stones of Mundi!

The increase in health, magicka, and stamina is a nice touch.

I haven't thought of Twice-Born Star as a good set in a long time, but your enthusiasm makes me want to rock it again, haha. Take a well-deserved Awesome! :smiley:
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azureblight Reaper

I love the Blight explosion effect and chain reaction from a group of enemies is always fun to see.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Strategist for being my first real damage dealing set.

Burning Spell Weave for meshing so well with my DK.

My real favorite though is the...

Clever Alchemist set for being the best PVP set ever! Health and burst all in one!
    Edited by Vevvev on May 23, 2021 5:12PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bahraha's Curse. I like soloing and this one helped me get through a lot of dungeons and world bosses. Also, available in all three armor weights is icing on the cake.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infernal Guardian because the fireballs look awesome, have a high proc chance and actually do decent damage

post-2-1445282250.gif

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medusa as I hate having to use Trap or Channeled Acceleration.

Crimson is a close second for tanking dungeons.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll King, because I think that regeneration animation is PRETTY!
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hunding's Rage. It ain't much, but it'll still be there every time they turn the meta upside down.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Draxund
    Draxund
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding's Rage. It ain't much, but it'll still be there every time they turn the meta upside down.

And likewise, Julianos as the magicka counterpart :-)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z’en’s Redress or Elemental Catalyst. Both are DPS sets, that help the group, but also aren’t terrible for the individual. They have unique proc conditions, that make them easily useable on one or two classes, but possible to use on others if necessary.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death's Wind. Not only could you knock people off things to their deaths in PvP, but it was mercilessly broken for a good amount of time, with people who got blasted unable to stand up and use skills anymore. It was also fun to pull a dozen or so mobs and just watch them explode away from my character in a big circle of confusion.

Sadly it's way out of date, and there are infinitely better sets out there, even for beginner trash play.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Infernal Guardian because the fireballs look awesome, have a high proc chance and actually do decent damage

post-2-1445282250.gif

Equip any Psijic skill (like Temporal Guard) then spam right click between skills to proc it on cooldown. In ideal condition the dps rivals Zaan, but the way it picks targets (the furthest target) it makes it impractical in any group PvE but its fine in solo arenas. Especially when you are going there first time, the set will pick up the targets behind you or the ones you dont really see.
    Edited by robpr on May 25, 2021 7:36PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuga's Bane

5-piece bonus: Silences all enemies and non-combatants.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice-Born Star (with 7 divines) is an amazing set that can be paired with any class and any role, depending on your needs. It's especially useful in jewelry and weapons, so you can respec or change armor weight at any point. Been wearing it for several months and I love the flexibility it offers as I keep tweaking my build - sometimes I need more pen, other times more resistances, etc. Excellent all-rounder!
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfathomable Darkness. Caw Caw
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Twice-Born Star (with 7 divines) is an amazing set that can be paired with any class and any role, depending on your needs. It's especially useful in jewelry and weapons, so you can respec or change armor weight at any point. Been wearing it for several months and I love the flexibility it offers as I keep tweaking my build - sometimes I need more pen, other times more resistances, etc. Excellent all-rounder!

Wait, they finally fixed it to where you don't lose the second Mundus buff by switching bars?! You're able to just run jewels + front & back bar weapons with no problems now?

@Athan1
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Athan1 wrote: »

Wait, they finally fixed it to where you don't lose the second Mundus buff by switching bars?! You're able to just run jewels + front & back bar weapons with no problems now?

@Athan1
    Yep, this bug has been fixed since ages ago, same with sets like Ebon, I've tested them :smile:
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerien'eth; I get to pretend I'm a Lich 😈
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicious Death cuz BOOM BOOM

Wish we had more boom boom sets
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Venomous smite, because of its free damage. I played a gank vamp stamnecro. When blastbones had the unnerfed major defile, I’d cast blastbones from stealth and venomous proc= gg. I haven’t touched that stamnecro toon for months, I might test it out again now that health recovery by battle spirit is way less.

Un-natural movement from vamp passive= Risitas smile

3 potion reduction glyphs, 20 second cooldown on cheap invisi pots= Risitas laugh
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aegis Caller. Love when my buddy Elvis pops out to smite the enemy while getting his groove on
    Soupy twist
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Aegis Caller. Love when my buddy Elvis pops out to smite the enemy while getting his groove on

I love that you named your Aegis! :D
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

I love that you named your Aegis! :D

I also have Chardonnay the Selene's bear - I was thinking about twee names given to Chihuahua and so on, and remembered there is an Old Orsinium zinfandel (my main is an orc stamplar), so named it after a wine :D
    Soupy twist
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, Mad Tinkerer is one of my favorites for casusl solo play. Knocking enemies up in the air is hilarious, and also cuts incoming damage a bit. Plus an AoE damage proc is nice in a casual solo context.

I am sad that proc sets are being so greatly nerfed.