The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Permanent companion gear loss bug

robpr
robpr
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this triggered it but what happened:
I was leveling Bastian. He was in his standard, white gear except blue lightning staff I found. I got invited to do random normal that I accepted. We did the dungeon (it was Fang Lair), then one person left. My Bastian automatically appeared, but he was naked, I checked companion menu and all the gear is gone, I dont have it anywhere in my inventory.
The group join was in Craglorn if that matters

So i guess, despawn your companions before queing.
Edited by robpr on June 1, 2021 2:27PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appeared naked, eh. Hmm. I always wondered what they were up to when we didn't need them... :relaxed:

This worries me. It is already hard enough to get items for them to wear. Did you report this via /bug or just post in here?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @robpr we're investigating this. Did you experience a disconnect at any point during the situation you described? If you relog, does Bastian's starting gear re-appear?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did the second rnd just to confirm and the gear was intact. I bought the white gear from vendors. So I have no idea what triggered that first time.
    There is a visible lag when the companion is spawning after player is leaving, maybe thats that?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @robpr we're investigating this. Did you experience a disconnect at any point during the situation you described? If you relog, does Bastian's starting gear re-appear?

No disconnects, relogging or swapping to Mirri didnt fix. Gear was permanently gone.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    robpr wrote: »
    No disconnects, relogging or swapping to Mirri didnt fix. Gear was permanently gone.

Thank you. Was it Bastian or Mirri? Or did you encounter this issue with both?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had Bastian active and encountered the issue only with him, for now. I can try queing with Mirri active this time, her gear is completely untouched.
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Same just happened to me

It's Miri, I did no change anything to her gear or base gear or anything. Ported out of a dungeon in Malabal Tor to a Wayshrine in Rivenspire and now all her gear is gone. She still had it on in the dungeon in Malabal and uppon reaching Rivenspire it was gone
    Again the base standard gear she comes with, nothing changed
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • fsbeast808
    fsbeast808
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing has just happened to me, twice. lost all the purchased gear from vendors, twice. I also cant seem to unlock the guild skill lines. Ive turned in the guild's dailies, with the companion active. Ive tried for both fighters and mages guild dailies so far.
  • kimmycolden
    kimmycolden
    Soul Shriven
    same thing happened to me too. for me, both of my companions lost their equipment after i leave dungeon. basic gear and rare gear all permanently gone :/
  • Xour
    Xour
    Same thing happened to me... twice!

Both times with Bastian, first time I lost white gear. No biggie, but the second time lost a nice blue helm with the trait I need for the build I aiming for.

I don't know exactly when this happened, since I wasn't exactly checking my companion gear every other second.
  • Tovenaar335
    Tovenaar335
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me. Left a dungeon with Bastion and he lost all his basic gear.
  • syked71rwb17_ESO
    syked71rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i just come here to see if anyone had this issue as it just happened to me.

Had bastion out,had a random normal que pop, when i come out bastion was naked

(i did find a purple belt soon after so thats a good thing)
  • Zaraina
    Zaraina
    Same here. My Mirri lost everything. I also did a dungeon, and before that WB, where she died, so I'm not 100% sure when exactly it happened. Re-login didn't help
  • Sintao
    Sintao
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.

Bastian lost his garb and any armour sometime after getting him. No DCs, just gone. Now I just got Mirri and five minutes later she shows as no equipment or weapons; after porting to Leyawiin.

PC-NA

edit: All I did was costume her with a collectable outfit.
    Edited by Sintao on June 2, 2021 10:27AM
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    same thing with Mirri
    she got kicked from group when wood elf npc joined us
    reappeared naked
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    Yesterday i got both companions on my main and farmed some items for the charector, today i decided to unlock the companions on all 7 other charectors.
    I was plesantly suprised that once i unlocked the companions thatthey were already the level of my main onne, but without any gear at all, completly naked..
    I thought ok farm items fo them to then, the annoyance came when i logged my main and those companions are completly naked too.
    Really irritating me as i had already found various blue items and one being a healing staff,
    Edited by bennysbeastb16_ESO2 on June 2, 2021 2:32PM
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened here - I joined a group to do pledges while having the companion out. After queueing into dungeon I saw the message that he got despawned - sure, the group was full, no issues there. After finishing all pledges and leaving the group he spawned near me in undaunted camp completely naked and all his gear disappeared.

Fortunately I had only basic white gear from NPC merchants (full light armor set + resto staff), so it's only 2250 gold lost - (250g body pieces and 500g weapon). It may be annoying for people who grinded purple gear for hours though.

7d1e1ekuoe8u.jpg

I guess it's pointless to ask for gear/gold return.
    Edited by perfiction on June 2, 2021 3:04PM
  • RizzlyBear
    RizzlyBear
    ✭✭✭

I just lost all gear on Bastian...even the blue staff I dropped and was equipped, looted gear in inventory is untouched.
    Edited by RizzlyBear on June 2, 2021 3:45PM
  • caelianb16_ESO
    I just had it happen to me as well .... for me it was Mirri ... i had her out when i joined a random vet dungeon .... after leaving the dungeon, my group frames (which normally shows her health bar) seemed to indicate she was not spawned, and no amount of (re)summoning seemed to fix the group frames.

But now when she spawns, she spawns completely naked ... and has permanently lost all gear.

No amount of relogging seem to fix it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom My game crashed once while I was in the dungeon. When I came out, I summoned the companion and all the gear was gone.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • TapikUA
    TapikUA
    Soul Shriven
    Have similar problem, but my character was in the custom outfit, so I didn't notice the exact moment when he lost everything. It was Bastian. And maybe I lost items from the beginning because I was doing Pledges.

Also, no companion items drop for me for about 5 hours...
  • Zaryin
    Zaryin
    ✭✭
    I just had the same problem with Bastian. I also have him in a custom outfit so I don't know for sure when it happened. I lost two blues..
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me all blue companion gear gone. No DC or anything. I did log out at one point however.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, gear just disappeared. Happened after she was unsummoned after a random dungeon run.
    Edited by Wolfkeks on June 2, 2021 10:54PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Every day is No Pants Day.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to this, Bastian is randomly despawning. No DC's, no lag, nothing, I can be idle, looting, running around, doesn't matter, he just despawns. I just got him from quest, he's level 3 now, didn't bother with finding him equipment yet, so far it's too annoying to keep an eye if he's there.
    Also... I find it hilarious but also annoying (yeah, lots of things annoying with this update...) that when Bastian stops the mount, he jumps on the saddle a few times, looking really stupid ^_^
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    I had this happen to me earlier and guild told me it was a bug. I just wanted to say I think it has to do with daily random normal. I que up this morning to do it, jumped into the dungeon with other players, had one person leave at the end when it was done and my companion poped into the group. I didn't pay no attention but noticed the health bar appeared as I was opening windows to leave. I didn't noticed till I was on my next character, as I was going thru my list of characters to do the daily randoms, and noticed mirri was naked. When I looked at her inventory, all her gear was gone. I have since stripped the other character and have them running around naked just incase.
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    This SUCKS... This has happed for me with the male and female... this is the third time today. I believe it is a logic issue in the code being that the companion and its gear is shared to all characters on the account. I think it might be when checking the state of the companion for the other characters on the account.
    Please Note... I have seen the companion summoning in naked then gear appeared on them a half second later.m7dyy8mbxzwg.png

if you can please fix this.
  • ThePlacidHatter
    ThePlacidHatter
    ✭✭✭
    All of the gear which my companion was wearing has gone. I was playing up until the servers went down for the last hotfix.
    Logged back in today and Bastion had no gear. I had given him a blue axe and green shield.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switched to Bastian and then back to Mirri, now all her gear is gone.

EDIT:

I was not disconnected at any point
    Edited by essi2 on June 3, 2021 8:57AM
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***