The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwood 5 pc set bonus bug

BrentBlemish
BrentBlemish
✭✭✭✭
This is incredibly frustrating because on the PTS we made SEVERAL posts about this issue and nothing was done about it before this patch went live. And now i have to deal with one of the most annoying bugs that a DPS could deal with.

Certain 5 pc bonuses of sets are falling off. STILL. Like Deadly strikes... EVERY TIME i travel to a new area or go through a loading screen, my 5 pc bonus of deadly gets completely wiped. The only way to fix this bug is I have to COMPLETELY unequip deadly strikes, every single piece and then re equip the entire set. I havent even been playing Blackwood chapter for no more then an hour so far and ive already had to unequip and re equip deadly like 6-7 times.

PLEASE FIX THIS.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @BrentBlemish thank you for the info. We are aware of this and actively investigating. What is the character name for the character you are experiencing this on? Also, what pieces do you have equipped and could you provide a few zone transition examples where you have had this occur?

Thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been having this on PTS and now on Live also, PC EU, doesn't matter which character or which sets I use, it seems any time upon re-zoning to either a new zone or just a delve or dungeon disabled either just the 5 piece bonus, just the 2-4 pieces or the entire set's bonusses, so far I've seen it with: Seventh Legion, Ancient Grace, Eternal Vigor, Siroria, False God's, Drake's Rush, Earthgore, Yolnahkriin, Powerful Assault (this one already barely functions though).

It seems to be any possible set can be affected by this bug, similar to PTS but luckily the bug where food/drink buffs failed to work is fixed.

Any news would be appreciated if there's some kind of help the community peeps can do!
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @BrentBlemish thank you for the info. We are aware of this and actively investigating. What is the character name for the character you are experiencing this on? Also, what pieces do you have equipped and could you provide a few zone transition examples where you have had this occur?

Thanks!

oh hi jess! long time no talk!

My character Hugs N Pugs

The pieces that I have equipped are two daggers and jewelry. I have to completely unequip all of them and re equip them fully to get the 5 pc back.

Zone transitions are almost anywhere honestly. I traveled to Blackwood from a player home, I lost the bonus. When I logged in today I lost the bonus. After running around blackwood and went into a Oblivion portal tranistioning into the deadlands, I lost the bonus. When I started bastion quest line and walked into Deepscorn Hollow for his quest, I lost the bonus. So it's almost any transition honestly.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    My character Hugs N Pugs

The pieces that I have equipped are two daggers and jewelry. I have to completely unequip all of them and re equip them fully to get the 5 pc back.

Zone transitions are almost anywhere honestly. I traveled to Blackwood from a player home, I lost the bonus. When I logged in today I lost the bonus. After running around blackwood and went into a Oblivion portal tranistioning into the deadlands, I lost the bonus. When I started bastion quest line and walked into Deepscorn Hollow for his quest, I lost the bonus. So it's almost any transition honestly.

Hiya! :smiley: Thanks so much! Is this on PC-NA or PC-EU?

@PureEnvelope35 Thank you for the info. May we get a character name or two? We're taking a look at specific character set-ups as part of our investigation.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    This is incredibly frustrating because on the PTS we made SEVERAL posts about this issue and nothing was done about it before this patch went live. And now i have to deal with one of the most annoying bugs that a DPS could deal with.

PLEASE FIX THIS.

Average time to fix of my PTS reported bugs is 4-6 weeks after launch of that update.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We appreciate the transparency! TY Jess!
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character Hugs N Pugs

@PureEnvelope35 Thank you for the info. May we get a character name or two? We're taking a look at specific character set-ups as part of our investigation.

PC-NA
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭

So far I've had it on Do'Nhadir, Malina the Pure and Bonneville the Pure, on PTS I had it on any chars including template ones if that helps in any way.
    • PC EU
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested whether this occurs in Cyrodiil or not when entering/exiting a delve or transitus shrining between keeps? I'm watching with interest in case this bug occurs on Xbox next week. That would suck to get to a keep and have to try and do that every time. :)
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the character info, @BrentBlemish and @PureEnvelope35! We've passed these along to Dev to help with their investigation of this issue.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Eldemar_Kron
    Eldemar_Kron
    ✭✭✭
    Same goes with Vicious Ophidian and Caluurion's legacy
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the character info, @BrentBlemish and @PureEnvelope35! We've passed these along to Dev to help with their investigation of this issue.

Thanks jess! hopefully we wont have to wait too long for a fix. hopefully this can be done with just a quick hot fox! fingers crossed.
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    Does this bug only affect single barred sets if you port while on the other bar? Speculation on my part but worth checking out.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this happen when your character dies? I remember a bug from a few updates ago (last summer?) where you lost set bonuses on death in Trials. You could tell because your Minor Slayer buff icon would disappear. So after a wipe, everyone in Trial would have to remember to unequip all their gear and reequip it.

Even if not exact same issue, might be similar bug under the hood. Maybe this helps devs track it down?
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is to get my Plague Slinger set to proc I HAVE TO teleport to zone. If I do a bar swap it stops proccing and then never procs until I teleport out again.... It's like the opposite to OPs post.. Bar-swapping and teleporting seems to have something to do with procs not working though..
    Edited by MirandaSharp on June 1, 2021 9:41PM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might relate to the issue that some sets don't seem to buff proc sets. For example, Syvarra's Scales is supposed to be buffed by Weapon damage and it is poison damage. Swamp Raider (+600 Weapon Damage for poison and disease abilities) doesn't buff Syvarra's Scale's, though.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom So earlier I may have found another extremely strange bug that could definitely be exploited and I believe it is somewhat related to this bug, whilst changing zones and swapping out my gear (From False God's + Mother's Sorrow to Siroria + Mother's Sorrow) it seemingly kept the 5 piece bonus from False God's (Cost reduction + the wooshy sound and major expedition when killing things) whilst simultaneously getting the Siroria AoE, I am unsure how to replicate this but this could have some... interesting consequences if people decide to further explore this.

On a similar note whilst playing around with which sets may bug out (This time on Ol'Joe the Singing Hobo if character name matters) it appeared that Twice Born Star, upon switching zones "loses" the 5 piece bonus but keeps the Mundus Bonus, naturally allowing for more than 2 Mundus Stones to be active at a time, I am unsure if replicating this would be against ToS and I probably should have recorded it happening but I am hoping that this reaches the right people for a hotfix!

Edit: Also could definitely happen upon characters dying but I've not looked too much into it because I don't wanna accidentally exploit.
    Edited by PureEnvelope35 on June 2, 2021 3:12PM
    • PC EU
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened with the Hiti set. I removed all my gear and reequiped and it worked again. Once I log off I have to do this again to get it working.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    Viper sting set and the leeching sets 5 pieces bonuses aren't working even if i equip and unequip them.

Same is happening with the stinging slashes set and pretty much all equipment bonuses

Character: redsaaryn
    Edited by redsaaryn on June 2, 2021 11:24PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm Unleashed Rage 5th bonus stops working randomly and I have to remove all pieces and re-equip to get it working again
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    This might relate to the issue that some sets don't seem to buff proc sets. For example, Syvarra's Scales is supposed to be buffed by Weapon damage and it is poison damage. Swamp Raider (+600 Weapon Damage for poison and disease abilities) doesn't buff Syvarra's Scale's, though.

Read Swamp Raider. A proc set is not an ability.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just came to report the same problem with 7th Legion - PC-EU
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    Already opened another thread and poster Also on another thread about this issue: Oblivion's Foe 5 piece bonus doesn't work, Shalk Exoskeleton top and Also Vampire's Kiss; I'm on PC-EU my character Is Nahiri Blackfire
  • Kenrixx
    Kenrixx
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm the bugs appears on weapon bars only. When its on full armor its ok but like alchemist when i have 5pc at weapon back bar its doesnt work.
  • The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    Same happening with Clever Alchemist porting into cyrodiil. Also can confirm 2 piece set bonus’ seem to work though.

Also like Kenrixx stated, my 5 piece bonus is on my back bar. Hope this helps.

Character name: Im here because DC zergs
    PCNA
    Edited by The7thLettter on June 3, 2021 11:39AM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep happened with unfathomable darkness in cyrodiil too
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Hi i have encountered a related issue when i use Pelinals Aptitude set on my necro the Intensive Mender healing is unaffected by the damage gained from this set, the tooltip does increase but the actual healing doesnt scale with it.

for example i use major brutality buff pelinials set rises my spell damage by 700 the tooltip on mender goes from 6500 to 7900 but i still still get 6500 healing if i raise my weapon damage further nothing changes, using weapon damage glyph that provides spell and weapon damage does increase the actual heal though, same goes for any other set that gives spell damage, jewelry enchantments work too, only thing that seems to be broken is Pelilianls Aptitude 5pc bonus is not affecting the pets. I hope i described it well enough.

the simple conclusion is all pet healing and damage is unaffected by damage gained for pelinials aptitude set despite showing in ability tooltip window

all the other abilities that scale off spell damage like Resistant Flesh work just fine with Pelinials Aptitude, seems it just doesnt affect the pet, despite showing in the tooltip

also i made sure i just logged in to the zone fresh and reequipped all my gear - all test always yelded same results

im on PC EU account name: D3N7157 ,character name: Båm Slōads .I can provide additional screenshots or video if it helps
    Edited by MachineGod on June 3, 2021 4:54PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is incredibly frustrating because on the PTS we made SEVERAL posts about this issue and nothing was done about it before this patch went live.
    And now i have to deal with one of the most annoying bugs that a DPS could deal with.

Certain 5 pc bonuses of sets are falling off. STILL. Like Deadly strikes... EVERY TIME i travel to a new area or go through a loading screen, my 5 pc bonus of deadly gets completely wiped. The only way to fix this bug is I have to COMPLETELY unequip deadly strikes, every single piece and then re equip the entire set. I havent even been playing Blackwood chapter for no more then an hour so far and ive already had to unequip and re equip deadly like 6-7 times.
    PLEASE FIX THIS.

"Ok. Let me just give you three random examples of why I don't PTS test anything anymore."...(from Jan 2019)
    Edited by Idinuse on June 3, 2021 4:06PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Angelologist
    Angelologist
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue but it doesn't necessarily seem tied to anything I switched gear completely and it seemed that no matter what I did one of my five-piece sets wasn't working, specifically Drake's Rush and Worm's Raiment. They seem to work when I first put them on but once I switch weapons they stop working. I'm PC NA @Angelologist.
    Edited by Angelologist on June 3, 2021 5:27PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alendrin wrote: »

Read Swamp Raider. A proc set is not an ability.

doesnt proc off my lethal arrow or poison glyphed weapons
    PCNA
    PCEU